Takeover | Page 58 | Vital Football

Takeover

I think after the vote next friday things will happen fast ,whelan likes a bit of attention so would imagine he will like to say his big goodbye in front of a decent home crowd
Probably games like leeds and blackburn are those games after next weeks vote ?
There won't be a decent crowd of home fans against Leeds just Leeds and ST holders.

It makes sense if his final game and farewell is Blackburn. His two favourite clubs, it’s fitting that they are his final opponents. A real shame that it’s on a Wednesday night though. He deserves a proper farewell on a Saturday with a big crowd seeing him off. Not Leeds though, after Dave mugged them off last time round I suspect they wouldn’t let him go quietly! Hopefully we get him on the pitch though to say farewell in front of the supporters.

It makes sense if his final game and farewell is Blackburn. His two favourite clubs, it’s fitting that they are his final opponents. A real shame that it’s on a Wednesday night though. He deserves a proper farewell on a Saturday with a big crowd seeing him off. Not Leeds though, after Dave mugged them off last time round I suspect they wouldn’t let him go quietly! Hopefully we get him on the pitch though to say farewell in front of the supporters.

Yep and the club should go all out to make sure that everybody everywere finds out its his farewel show. anybody not turning up for a midweek game to say tara to the man who has done so much for us and gave us are special day in london is a desgrace. regardles of what they think of him personaly.

big dave leeving will feel the same as the last dey of springy for me.

Maybe if the Reading game was £25-00 and the Rovers game £15-00 there may be a chance of a big crowd but I wouldn't hold my breath.
At £40-00 for the two it's not bad though.

Yep and the club should go all out to make sure that everybody everywere finds out its his farewel show. anybody not turning up for a midweek game to say tara to the man who has done so much for us and gave us are special day in london is a desgrace. regardles of what they think of him personaly.

big dave leeving will feel the same as the last dey of springy for me.
Totally agree, a sad but historic day it will be and he deserves a big crowd to see him off and we deserve the opportunity to applaud him in the flesh. I’m not ashamed in saying I may even shed a tear!

Maybe Reading wouldn’t be so bad being cheap and a Saturday. Get it promoted around the borough properly that it’s Dave’s last game and fingers crossed for a good turn out. Shame about Blackburn prices. The club are idiots really, I understand and agree with the high pricing to milk away fans but if they think Blackburn on a cold Wednesday night is going to attract masses of home and away fans with the red button available, then they are in for a nasty shock!

I’ve just thought, any chance we can sneak him onto the Reebok pitch when we turn Horwich over for our first away win since the extinction of dinosaurs? What a celebration that would be!

Rovers are at Deepshit on the Saturday at £24-00 and that's more of a derby for them so we will be lucky if 2000 come to the midweek game at New Springy at £25-00.
This Sunday will be the poorest home support of the season. The only ones who aren't ST holders in the home ends will be locals who support Leeds.

There’s some suggestion media interviews with Cook and his staff where today (Thursday) as something official is happening with the takeover on Friday.

We probably won’t have any sort of press conference or see the full details/structure revealed until next week.

Now official - Sharpe leaving the club, deal finalised next week and a whole minutes applause on Sunday in the 23rd minute to commemorate Whelans ownership.

Agree Moonay a cracking letter from him, written as a fan and full of the emotion and passion we have come to expect of a top, top chairman and supporter! Hope we haven't seen the last of him!!

That could be any one of a billion people ! Just hope that they are more Leister City than Cardiff City in their approach and openness with fans - buckle up the coaster is at the top of the climb ?

So, that’s it. That’s all she wrote. That’s all folks.

Whelans out, IEC in.

....First official statement bingo anyone?

I’ve got a broken leg mention and a Robbie Keane-esque, ‘Owning Wigan Athletic was a childhood dream’ cliche on my betting slip.

Wednesday is supposed to be the completion date. I’m guessing interviews and such have already been filmed so everything is ready to go.

Paul Kendrick has also been quiet so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has an embargoed interview with some of the IEC people. Whether they have a press conference we’ll have to see.