Takeover | Page 61 | Vital Football

Takeover

I’d have no problem with them selling Euxton if they bring Christopher Park up to the same standard along with the indoor pitch and facilities required for category 2 status. I personally think the first team and the youth teams/academy should be on the same site as Bob Martinez used to advocate. It builds a culture throughout the club from all ages and is good for the young lads having them in the same space as the first team.

Euxton site as far as I know can’t be expanded in size so it’s either expand and upgrade CP or build a brand new training ground/academy in a brand new location.

Well, given that we now have Euxton, Charnock Richard and Christopher Park, wouldn't that make sense?
With the ever expanding Buckshaw village a new Council and EU funded digital business centre, numerous new build business parks upgraded rail connections and M6/M61/M65 junctions all on the doorstep Euxton land value is well placed to return significantly more than it was bought for from Bolton. The opportunity to sell for retail or business park development is more than realistic.
What would happen to money generated is the question

With the ever expanding Buckshaw village a new Council and EU funded digital business centre, numerous new build business parks upgraded rail connections and M6/M61/M65 junctions all on the doorstep Euxton land value is well placed to return significantly more than it was bought for from Bolton. The opportunity to sell for retail or business park development is more than realistic.
What would happen to money generated is the question
some one told me on here that Euxton was worth nothing its prime building land i live 2 mins away from it

I work in commercial property for my sons so can confirm whoever said euxton was worth nothing was talking total bollocks

some one told me on here that Euxton was worth nothing its prime building land i live 2 mins away from it

I'm not sure if you're referring to me there John, but if so, then you're misquoting me.

I said it wasn't prime building land in the context of housing. I said that none of the housing development of Buckshaw was on that side of the railway. That's all.

Yes really ! - With his previous business disposals and their subsequent performance - JJB & Pooles to name 2. Canny man Dave knows when to get in and get out - got it ?
Your bang on the head with that Hampton. I realised early doors that he was astute, had great vision and awareness. My recollection of Dave's profitable disposals;
1. Discount Stores
2. Food Wholesalers
3. Squash Courts
4. Frozen Foods
5. Travel Agents
6. Pooles Bakery
7. JJB Sports

Initially i dont think IEC would buy us to rip it all apart and sell everything off at the clubs expense, but if things go wrong like a relegation and then a struggling season in L1 - then anything becomes possible unfortunately if they start losing loads of money.

Initially i dont think IEC would buy us to rip it all apart and sell everything off at the clubs expense, but if things go wrong like a relegation and then a struggling season in L1 - then anything becomes possible unfortunately if they start losing loads of money.

Of course they will, that is what business does. When you have assests and the business is losing money you have to sell those to appease the shareholders.

Or close the business down to stop is losing more.

Whelan was very rare he had a soft spot for latics and for all those who still say "where is the (fill in here) money" He spent a fortune on latics that will never happen again.