Takeover | Page 3 | Vital Football

Takeover

aye kenny. but does that warm fuzzy feeling abuot the club stretch downwards thru his family. lets not forget hes already skipped a generateon by handing the chare to sharpy.

does he think that hes not long left now and the family below him dont share the same deep feelings abuot us as a club and hes under pressure to get the cash back for them before he pops his clogs.

whats the seying that does the rounds. the king is dead. long live the emperor

Its long been well known that Mrs Whelan is as big a fan as her husband. We all know how Sharpie feels only other one who may matter is Sharpie mum

Joe Royle was also most definitely sat aside the same group , though I think he often does come to games.
Not sure where he’s living currently but he said on the radio a couple of months ago that Wigan were now his ‘local club’

A dodgy agent fronting for a Chinese consortium? Sounds like a Poundland version of Wolves’ Mendes/Fosun takeover. Except these lot probably haven’t got a hundredth of the money that they have.

Its long been well known that Mrs Whelan is as big a fan as her husband. We all know how Sharpie feels only other one who may matter is Sharpie mum

like i said zakky. family below him. mrs whelan will have zero clout when the big man pops off to the big springfield in the sky. and the same goes for sharpys mum. who you say only may matter. youve got to ask yourself why the big fella jumped strate to a 21 year old to run such a big operateon.

just talking around at the mo and the feeling is that when he goes itll be like a dog fite. all grabbing what scraps they can for there own little projects. trust me. therell be no love lost if the club is sold to far east money men.

What happened to Gary Cook who was masterminding the takeover.....is he still working at/for the club?

Oh by the way, I notice Sunderland have released a full statement to their fans letting them know an agreement has been made with all the details on their new owners even though they’ve been up for sale all of two minutes. While we continue to play dumb and refuse to communicate anything with STHs and fans. Do we have the worst communications department in the Football League?

I can’t believe that Mr.Whelan would agree to any deal unless it was right for the club. After the amount of involvement he has had for 20 years and because of his love for everything Wigan, there’s no way he will not oversee a great deal for us.

I can't believe how much C_Latic knows about the potential owners assets value especially considering he admittedly is getting no information for the club.

its what we all want charlz but wasnt there talk not that long ago that mr whelan was spending more time in barbados cos hes finding it harder to keep his thoghts together. hes a very private man and if hes not keeping his ducks in a strate line then owt can happen. hes no spring chicken any more.

Yes,Mr.Whelan IS spending more time in Barbados, especially over the winter months,but who can blame him! After a long working life,it’s fully deserved in my opinion.However,when I have seen him recently,he still appears to be well. If he is not well then I’m well sure he will be involving those around him to help make crucial decisions.....he’s not stupid, far from it. I ask again, what has happened to Gary Cook, if anything, and is he still involved as I thought he was brought in to the club to seek out and then oversee the sale of the club to new owners.

He seemed in fine fettle last Saturday on Fleetwoods pitch.

According to Nixon the potential buyers were there yesterday but it's a long way from completion and we've yet to see the colour of their money. Probably done by close of business tomorrow in that case given he reckoned yesterday the chances of Sunderland being taken over were slimmer than none.

youve got to ask yourself why the big fella jumped strate to a 21 year old to run such a big operateon.
You don't think that the intended heir to the throne not being around any longer might have something to do with it then?

You don't think that the intended heir to the throne not being around any longer might have something to do with it then?

there were lots going on at that time. as you no. the most damaging were the fallout from the racist alegateons and him being dragged all over the nateonal press. absolute disgraceful but it hapened. i wonder if he ever reely mentaly recovered from from that.

like i said zakky. family below him. mrs whelan will have zero clout when the big man pops off to the big springfield in the sky. and the same goes for sharpys mum. who you say only may matter. youve got to ask yourself why the big fella jumped strate to a 21 year old to run such a big operateon.

just talking around at the mo and the feeling is that when he goes itll be like a dog fite. all grabbing what scraps they can for there own little projects. trust me. therell be no love lost if the club is sold to far east money men.

Who do you believe these mystery people below him are Brick ? Why do you think Mrs Whelan will have zero clout given that she will be the main benificiery. Like someone said Duncan Sharpe was to take over the reins but sadly David had to stand in and has done a magnificant job in my opinion.

Nixon says Garry Cook is still involved.

Regarding the club keeping the deal quiet while Sunderland are openly talking about it - this could be down to the buyers wishes or the take over not being anywhere near as far along as we have been lead to believe. Or could the deal nearly done and being kept secret, or completly on hold until season over - it could be anything.

The fact they were apparently there yesterday and haven't been before suggests things are moving along. But we know our club always try and keep their cards close to their chest and it wouldnt shock me if the deal being announced as done will be the first time it's mentioned by the club.

there were lots going on at that time. as you no. the most damaging were the fallout from the racist alegateons and him being dragged all over the nateonal press. absolute disgraceful but it hapened. i wonder if he ever reely mentaly recovered from from that.
Ive no idea what you are on about, do you? It's pretty obvious why David Sharp is in control now. Show some respect!

Oh by the way, I notice Sunderland have released a full statement to their fans letting them know an agreement has been made with all the details on their new owners even though they’ve been up for sale all of two minutes. While we continue to play dumb and refuse to communicate anything with STHs and fans. Do we have the worst communications department in the Football League?
Answer to the communications question. Quite simply yes we do have the worst communication department in the Football League.

="truelatic4eva
To Lincs; 'Saga' is a massive understatment. It's an utter disgrace and nothing short of insulting the way the Latics shareholders and more importantly, the fans, have been informed of this shambolic 'takeover'.

Your like a wasp who wont go away Grip someone who doesent know when there not wanted ???

Ive no idea what you are on about, do you? It's pretty obvious why David Sharp is in control now. Show some respect!

dont be so feckin preshious you pious get. all that happened 13 yrs before david took over. corse ive got respect.

but your rite tho. you dont have any idea whats going on. anywere.