Takeover | Page 2 | Vital Football

Takeover

The thing is that this is going to be a big decison for the Whelan family to let this go when it's been such a big part of their lives for so long and a huge project for any potential owner to take on. I'm not suprised it's taking a long time and i hope that's because it's being done as thoroughly as possible to ensure we dont end up with the wrong people.

fell through come on if it was happening it would have happened by now someone said they where waiting for us to get promotion guy who said that was someone i know taking p@ss..... no takeover

No news is good news, if you think the take over will be good. As the non disclosure agreement means no one can talk about it. If however the take over is off then they can, and i would guess some one will let it slip.

No body no's what's going on at all not even Nixon completely going of that Mon but let's say it has gone through and it happens in June I'm sure Whelan wouldn't sell to any tom dick n harry my biggest fear is Paul cook leaving if it does go through especially with him now being 3/1 favorite for Ipswich job from 20/1

May or may not be significant but several oriental gents in the directors area today sat with Jackson and Sharpe

May or may not be significant but several oriental gents in the directors area today sat with Jackson and Sharpe
One the pitch after the match (when the stadium had cleared) and left via the front entrance quite a while after the match. We saw a group of youngsters around them and one got an autograph (in Chinese) on his jersey.
Rumour also doing the rounds today ... current sticking point was .... who paid for the replacement pitch.

From someone very reliable the new owners were there today. The main man on his own is China's 8th richest man but he's not on his own.

Well that display must have convinced him of the need to spend a fair few rembindis if we are to keep our heads above water next season.

Notice in that article that the Uber rich Cheng Family sold the rest of their shares in that company meaning they now officially have no part in it. Can’t be just me who has a very bad feeling about this. Whelan will offload to anyone at this point and these folk at IEC just don’t sound like they have the financial means to take the club forward.

. Can’t be just me who has a very bad feeling about this. Whelan will offload to anyone at this point and these folk at IEC just don’t sound like they have the financial means to take the club forward.
Lets just wait and see what happens, there is no evidence whatsoever that Whelan will "offload to anyone", he hasn't done badly for us overall during his tenure so give him the credit he deserves in the sale/takeover to do his best for us again.

aye kenny. but does that warm fuzzy feeling abuot the club stretch downwards thru his family. lets not forget hes already skipped a generateon by handing the chare to sharpy.

does he think that hes not long left now and the family below him dont share the same deep feelings abuot us as a club and hes under pressure to get the cash back for them before he pops his clogs.

whats the seying that does the rounds. the king is dead. long live the emperor

To Lincs; 'Saga' is a massive understatment. It's an utter disgrace and nothing short of insulting the way the Latics shareholders and more importantly, the fans, have been informed of this shambolic 'takeover'.