Sunderland at DW | Page 5 | Vital Football

Sunderland at DW

Poor attempt.

I highly doubt you'll find anything like this that doesn't put us in the top flight.

Quite clearly we are in the top 20 when it comes to biggest clubs in England. Not even the likes of Leeds or Man City could match the support we get in the 3rd division.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-have-been-named-and-ranked-20201206.amp.html

Saff, mate, please. Stop embarrassing yourself. Even if you're right, (which you're not) there isn't a single person on this forum who gives a shit, so what are you trying to prove?

For a region that boasts just two professional football teams ((let's not kid ourselves that Hartlepool and Middlesbro are anywhere near you), you get decent support ......... but you'd look pretty shite if you didn't.

If you believe you're in the top 20, then fine, that's your right, you're entitled to that belief (even if it is self delusion). It's like us, thinking we can beat Citeh whenever we want to ... even though we usually do, and indeed, have done so on each of our last 3 meetings, even though in the last 2 games, we were in the Championship and League 1.

So ... you reckon you're Top 20, but we don't .... so is that settled? Great. See you after the game at the DW.
(y)

Poor attempt.

I highly doubt you'll find anything like this that doesn't put us in the top flight.

Quite clearly we are in the top 20 when it comes to biggest clubs in England. Not even the likes of Leeds or Man City could match the support we get in the 3rd division.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-have-been-named-and-ranked-20201206.amp.html

You are clutching at straws here, that is one of the worst articles I have read, apparently Sunderland have a better squad than Brighton, Norwich and Watford, 3 Premier League clubs. Brighton are 10th for trophies in the last 20 years, they havent won any major trophies, nor reached a final!

A club who has won 1 major trophy since 1937 cannot seriously claim to be top 20.

Man City sold out Maine Road in the third tier and that was when they were a smaller skint club in a 2 club city.

Sunderland having a large population and catchment area does not make it a big club.

Moved a few more posts, not that there was much wrong with them this time, but I'd like to try and keep this thread dedicated to the topic of the up coming match and (as it morphed early into) what a "whopper" of a club Sunderland is, rather than discussions about any individual posters.

Adult £15 and Concessions £8 seems a good price, let's hope we get another cracking atmosphere.

Poor attempt.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
And yet you're not entitled??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As someone else has pointed out 1 major trophy (incidentally won when - again - you weren't a top flight club) since before the 2nd World War does not make you a big club
You're a current third division club that's spent more time out of the top flight since 1959 than it has in it. Having a good attendance average over that period does not make you a big club & does not mean that you should be in the top flight.
Until they start awarding points & trophies for attendances it doesn't really mean a jot

Last edited:
I printed mine out 2 weeks ago.

Got mine lat week one thing i noticed was the site won't let you leave a single seat next to yours so if your looking for your regular season ticket seat as a family you can't leave a single next you.
Not seen this before but something to bear in mind for future cup games.

Got mine lat week one thing i noticed was the site won't let you leave a single seat next to yours so if your looking for your regular season ticket seat as a family you can't leave a single next you.
Not seen this before but something to bear in mind for future cup games.
Aye, I noticed that too.
Ticketing site must still be set up under COVID regs.

Mine sorted.
Should be a good game.
The only slight unfortunate thing is that I have to house 4 Sunderland colleagues overnight!!

Following today’s fantastic game, what strength team are we going to field against Sunderland?
Are we bothered about the cup or should we continue to concentrate on the league?

Couldn’t give a flying fuck about it personally. Play the bench players for minutes, supplemented with some youth team players. Like the pizza trophy it’s a distraction we don’t need.

I completely agree re playing bench and youth players, but I think we should treat it as an opportunity to give those players valuable game time, as opposed to considering it a distraction.

Confidence must be sky high at the moment, and if this gives us a way of extending that (as per the U23s and U18s), then let's use it.

Be good to get some early revenge on them men too.

I completely agree re playing bench and youth players, but I think we should treat it as an opportunity to give those players valuable game time, as opposed to considering it a distraction.

Confidence must be sky high at the moment, and if this gives us a way of extending that (as per the U23s and U18s), then let's use it.

Be good to get some early revenge on them men too.
Be great if our bench plus academy put one over on the makems - proper mind feck for em

I've no doubt that this is a fixture neither side wants, and that squad men will be featuring in abundance on Tuesday night, but there is the little matter of getting to the 4th round and a chance to draw Man Utd at Old Trafford. As each club gets 45% of the receipts and Man Utd force their ST holders to pay for a ticket, thats 45% of 70,000, each paying an average of £35 - just over £1m. If thats not a reason to win this tie, then I dont know what is.

I would rather play the bench players and some youth.
The games will come thick and fast over the coming months

11 changes prob, but still be a dam good team as we have cover everywhere. Maybe only 10 as Jones (gk) is injured.