Sunderland at DW | Page 23 | Vital Football

Sunderland at DW

Darren Drysdale is the ref for their Tuesday game against Cheltenham.
He reffed our game against MK Dons.
He’s a huge Newcastle fan. Should be plenty of cards in that game.

That cant be true? Mark Clattenburg was a huge Newcastle fan and never refereed a Sunderland game.

That cant be true? Mark Clattenburg was a huge Newcastle fan and never refereed a Sunderland game.

That's the rumour but I'm not sure it's true. Like when City fans are always claiming that Anthony Taylor is a Man United fan when he's actually an Altrincham fan (& it was Taylor who refereed United's cup game with Middlesbrough when he allowed Boro's goal to stand - correctly mind)
I saw the Drysdale rumour on a Sunderland site last year & the poster who was claiming that said he was from Northumbria & reff'd in the Morpeth Sunday League.
He did ref up in the north east but he's originally from Lincolnshire & lives there again now

Mind you, from experience, I am aware of referees who have kept their club allegiances quiet. There's also top referees from Manchester who will register as ref's with the Lancashire FA so that they don't get ruled out of officiating United & City games

Should be a bumper crowd at this one, especially with the club giving away free tickets to STH 👍

5k Sunderland fans plus our lot

Heard today that some of our fans season ticket holders
Are selling their free tickets to Sunderland fans
If true I find it a disgrace by those who are doing it
After the club doing this fine gesture
Also there will be lots of young fans at this game
And you can be sure this will certainly cause trouble inside the stadium
Anyone who has anything to do with selling these free tickets should be banned

Don't believe that for a second 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Easy to trace = Instant revocation of season ticket & more than likely, a lengthy ban from the Stadium.

JUST. NOT. WORTH. IT.

It is true, the Sunderland fans are desperate to attend this one
£25.00 seems to be the going rate for these free tickets

Can't see that happening club wanted my email my address my clients code . Big shit if that happens.

Sunderland not doing us any favours, was hoping they could have held MK to at least a draw.

Seem to be going into self destruct mode...currently 8 points behind us having played 3 games more but u are correct a draw would have been the better outcome..

And adding to that ask Man city supporters. \be prepared to worry, bite your finger nails, and have sleepless nights until the final match is played.

If Sunderland win in mid week against Burton at home and we lose to Wycombe and then they beat us then it's down to 2 points. So I wouldn't write them off just yet.

We've seen teams blow leads bigger than we currently have and teams go on incredible runs, so they aren't out of the race just yet.

If Sunderland win in mid week against Burton at home and we lose to Wycombe and then they beat us then it's down to 2 points. So I wouldn't write them off just yet.

We've seen teams blow leads bigger than we currently have and teams go on incredible runs, so they aren't out of the race just yet.

And still 3 games in hand

And still 3 games in hand

There's no guarantee you win them though.

I remember quite vividly us looking nailed on to go up in the 99/00 season but fell apart on the home straight missing out on promotion by just 2 points after only winning 2 of our final 8 games.

We've watched enough football over the years to know anything can happen.

There's no guarantee you win them though.

I remember quite vividly us looking nailed on to go up in the 99/00 season but fell apart on the home straight missing out on promotion by just 2 points after only winning 2 of our final 8 games.

We've watched enough football over the years to know anything can happen.

I think I'd rather be sitting in our position than Sunderland's at the moment.