Sunderland at DW | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sunderland at DW

You aren't a rival?

More of a rival than a club who play two tiers above you but dont let facts get in the way of your delusions of grandeur.
Similar to Bolton fans who still see ManU as their fiercest rivals.

More of a rival than a club who play two tiers above you but dont let facts get in the way of your delusions of grandeur.
Similar to Bolton fans who still see ManU as their fiercest rivals.
I'm absolutely stunned at this comment. You think Wigan are more of a rival than Newcastle?

Delusions of grandeur, indeed.

You aren't even going to be challenging for automatic promotion. I can't see what angle you are coming from thinking Sunderland are a rival to you. As long as it puts a smile on your face, though.

You won't see anything on the news but we are very close to a couple of signings from a huge team in Germany. I'd think we would have been promoted without them, now I'm absolutely sure about it.

How's Charlie Wyke doing? Were the jealous and mouthy Sunderland supporters right about him?

I'm absolutely stunned at this comment. You think Wigan are more of a rival than Newcastle?

Delusions of grandeur, indeed.

You aren't even going to be challenging for automatic promotion. I can't see what angle you are coming from thinking Sunderland are a rival to you. As long as it puts a smile on your face, though.

It puts a massive smile on my face as I am so so grateful to still have a club to support after everything that has gone on over the last 18th months.
Congratulations on the promotion but it doesnt alter the fact that this season Wigan Athletic are a rival to you and NOT Newcastle United.

Totally right about the goal scoring without a winger but we could say that. We saw Keifer Moore hung out to dry by Cooks insistence in not playing a winger....But a great signing who is settling in well with an high work and nuisance rate. Whose work let's in other players to score goals. Once we have a full squad and they have gelled goals will come from all over the park and it may be a good bet SAFC WAFC 1 and 2 in the league. I wouldn't be worried what order that's in but other than last season we have won this league the three previous times. Can't understand with all that money why Sunderland haven't walked that league yet. Parachute payments, gates, and merchandising and still in League. Letting great players like Wyke go may be one reason.

You won't see anything on the news but we are very close to a couple of signings from a huge team in Germany. I'd think we would have been promoted without them, now I'm absolutely sure about it.

How's Charlie Wyke doing? Were the jealous and mouthy Sunderland supporters right about him?
Im sure you will fall away towards the end as you always do ,nothing special and players you have signed being honest never heard of them
Agree about whyke at the moment , but best laugh was forking out for grigg have you paid up for him by the way

Im sure you will fall away towards the end as you always do ,nothing special and players you have signed being honest never heard of them
Agree about whyke at the moment , but best laugh was forking out for grigg have you paid up for him by the way
If you haven't heard of them that says far more about your lack of football knowledge than anything else. I wouldn't hold my hands up and make them comments, fair play to you.

If you haven't heard of them that says far more about your lack of football knowledge than anything else. I wouldn't hold my hands up and make them comments, fair play to you.
Lack of football knowledge should be your number one thing ,after all being a sunderland fan, last time you won anything major was way back in 70s
Was you around then or is it one of those past down storys from father to son ?
Im sure your main rival club is darlington about your level
Not sure about newcastle cant remember last time you played them do you ?
Unless with rivals with newcastle you mean on social media that is probably as close to them as you will ever get for a while

Lack of football knowledge should be your number one thing ,after all being a sunderland fan, last time you won anything major was way back in 70s
Was you around then or is it one of those past down storys from father to son ?
Im sure your main rival club is darlington about your level
Not sure about newcastle cant remember last time you played them do you ?
Unless with rivals with newcastle you mean on social media that is probably as close to them as you will ever get for a while
I can remember the last time we played Newcastle. I can't remember the last time they beat us, though. It's been a long time...

So because Sunderland haven't won a trophy since the 70's that somehow makes Sunderland supporters have a lack of football knowledge? That doesn't make sense.

Every forum has one...

I can remember the last time we played Newcastle. I can't remember the last time they beat us, though. It's been a long time...

So because Sunderland haven't won a trophy since the 70's that somehow makes Sunderland supporters have a lack of football knowledge? That doesn't make sense.

Every forum has one...
Yep and your the one mutty, i reckon you are him

Totally right about the goal scoring without a winger but we could say that. We saw Keifer Moore hung out to dry by Cooks insistence in not playing a winger....But a great signing who is settling in well with an high work and nuisance rate. Whose work let's in other players to score goals. Once we have a full squad and they have gelled goals will come from all over the park and it may be a good bet SAFC WAFC 1 and 2 in the league. I wouldn't be worried what order that's in but other than last season we have won this league the three previous times. Can't understand with all that money why Sunderland haven't walked that league yet. Parachute payments, gates, and merchandising and still in League. Letting great players like Wyke go may be one reason.
Hopefully that great player Wyke keeps banging them in for you then, eh.

We have a better replacement in Stewart who has scored 4 league goals, already. We have been badly managed and there's been very little money to spend. I thought that was common knowledge? Oh well, I've just handed you some inside information.

You get our leftovers while we are shopping in the Premier league and the Bundesliga.

@Saff - my local side is Eastleigh, where Stuart Donald was hanging about for a couple of years, and he always came across a really decent guy. Put his hand in his pocket, engaged the fans (we had a season ticket... cos for £120 or whatever it was back then, why not), never felt like he spoke total shite. Where did it all go wrong for him?

(Genuine question, not being sarcastic or a dick)

I don't even know what you're talking about (again)

What you type doesn't make sense and now you're turning into a paranoid mess. Do you smoke cannabis?
No why are you offering ?
Just feck off back where you come from cheeky 2hat whats up no mates on your own forum

We have a better replacement in Stewart who has scored 4 league goals, already. We have been badly managed and there's been very little money to spend. I thought that was common knowledge? Oh well, I've just handed you some inside information.

You get our leftovers while we are shopping in the Premier league and the Bundesliga.

And you will still be shyte mutty like i said feck off back where you come from

OK folks, it's getting tedious now, all views have been adequately expressed, no point going over old ground, let's get back to posting about the upcoming game when there is something to actually say about it.

@Saff - my local side is Eastleigh, where Stuart Donald was hanging about for a couple of years, and he always came across a really decent guy. Put his hand in his pocket, engaged the fans (we had a season ticket... cos for £120 or whatever it was back then, why not), never felt like he spoke total shite. Where did it all go wrong for him?

(Genuine question, not being sarcastic or a dick)
Yeah, I'd say he's a decent guy. I'd also say he's simply not suited to owning a professional football club.

He wasted away all of the parachute payments and the money 'he' invested turned out to be loans. The guy was skint and was in the process of finishing off our Academy which has always produced well and has remained in top graded status. He was selling off our best young talent at ridiculously low prices. His choice of managers were a joke. Phil Parkinson is now managing in non-league football, at Wrexham.

He even asked the fans to help with the seating at the SOL so he could save money on paying contractors. The Will Grigg signing was down to Stewart Donald, our manager wasn't fussed on him especially for the money being quoted but that knacker thought spending a few million on one player would appease the fans. That didn't exactly work out well for him.

Nice guy but hopelessly out of his depth.

Reactions: GSM

The first one has just broke now. We are also bringing in a goalkeeper from Bayern but he hasn't been announced anywhere yet.

Transfer Exclusive: Sunderland close to the signing of Bayern Munich winger Leon Dajaku - Roker Report (sbnation.com)