Sunderland at DW | Page 19 | Vital Football

Sunderland at DW

Make that three. Last time I checked we were about 10 clear of them on goal difference around a month ago. Not anymore!

With tonight they have had a +12 (15 - 3) goal difference in December, including a 5-0 v Morecambe and 0-3 at Doncaster last time out.

I watched the Doncaster game and watching now, there must be something in the water in South Yorkshire to enable both teams to defend as bad as they are.

Goal difference gone altogether now, Sheffield Wednesday are a disgrace, Sunderland goalscorer Stewart was left on his own (nobody with 5 yards) to nod the ball home.

The EFL need to investigate Wednesday to see if they have taken a bribe, they battered sunderland at home now all they are doing is arguing among themselves giving the ball away in there own half and not bothering tackling or even marking, Bannon is is a particular disgrace for someone so highly rated, he just isn't interested.

I’m quite happy with a Sunderland win. Keeps Sheff Wed out of the top 6. We will finish in the top six. In a play off place. Fans are dreaming. If they think we will finish top.

If we finish top two then great but I never seen us play and thought we were a top 2 side in this league so far, play offs is an achievement considering where we came from. But it is still in our hands with games in hands, so a good position to be in regardless

This team playing tonight is not the one that came and pressed us from kick off.
It isnt really about them. Its about why do we not press sides at home from the kick off to the end. Why dont we? Why are we so negative and so boring in home games. Why do we play the passing sideways and backwards slow build up turgid shit at home when we have the players to hammer the opposition and entertain as well?

We've played Sunderland twice this season and both times they looked a very good side with a good balance of physicality and skill.

Not at all surprised to see them climb back into the automatics - their issue has always seemingly been bottling it under the pressure in the closing stages of the season but unfortunately for us I think their past failures will make them mentally stronger to avoid it happening again.

I think Rotherham and Sunderland will both stay in the top 3 all season it's just a case of if we can push either of them out of the top 2 by the end of the season.

I've had a horrible feeling all season we will fall away late on, but obviously hope I'm wrong. I think we are going to need to improve though to keep pace as the season goes - as I think they are currently both finding their rhythm and playing towards the top of their potential getting some impressive wins and boosting their goal difference while we have been toiling for our results and often needing heroic come backs after getting ourselves in trouble. It's great we have that spirit and have those late goals when we havent played well but we can't keep relying on those last minute winners or equalisers coming through all the time - as eventually if you are playing in such fine margins so often luck will go against you.

We've played Sunderland twice this season and both times they looked a very good side with a good balance of physicality and skill.

Not at all surprised to see them climb back into the automatics - their issue has always seemingly been bottling it under the pressure in the closing stages of the season but unfortunately for us I think their past failures will make them mentally stronger to avoid it happening again.

I think Rotherham and Sunderland will both stay in the top 3 all season it's just a case of if we can push either of them out of the top 2 by the end of the season.

I've had a horrible feeling all season we will fall away late on, but obviously hope I'm wrong. I think we are going to need to improve though to keep pace as the season goes - as I think they are currently both finding their rhythm and playing towards the top of their potential getting some impressive wins and boosting their goal difference while we have been toiling for our results and often needing heroic come backs after getting ourselves in trouble. It's great we have that spirit and have those late goals when we havent played well but we can't keep relying on those last minute winners or equalisers coming through all the time - as eventually if you are playing in such fine margins so often luck will go against you.
The Millers fans would beg to differ King the feeling after losing at Accy was that result had been coming for some weeks - Smith is off the boil and Will G is barely alight 😉

It isnt really about them. Its about why do we not press sides at home from the kick off to the end. Why dont we? Why are we so negative and so boring in home games. Why do we play the passing sideways and backwards slow build up turgid shit at home when we have the players to hammer the opposition and entertain as well?

That is your opinion and in my opinion it's bollocks, but each to their own.

Screenshot_20211231-054828_BBC Sport.jpg

Last edited: