Summer transfer window thread | Page 524 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

We seem to be in panic buying mode now without the buying element of this.
I think we have spread out net wide all window.

We aren't panic buying as such, but some primary targets have not panned out - pretty much every one of the attacking targets clearly- so we are clearly making calls

I would much rather have Benrahma, who was great for Brentford and has produced in the Premier League for West Ham United, for half the price of penalty- bottler Morgan Gibbs- White. If Morgan Gibbs- White, who has barely played ever in the Premer League, is not good enough to be central to Wolverhampton Wanderers' plans, then he should not be some over- priced prize in a one- team auction.

Agree.

It's midweek and I'm about ready for another game- one we could actually win. Waiting till Sunday?

Can't even moan when we lose- "fucking hell, losing that that shower" feels a lot better than "fair play, they are astronomically better than us".

Looking forward to seeing forest with a better class of player, but at this stage not sure the spoilsport opposition will let us enjoy it.

And getting more attention from pundits isn't fun when they are all london-centric wankers who patronise the club

Still, being bottom of the premier league is more fun than being bottom of the championship
Your last sentence is a bit like that bit in The Commitments, where they are in the Benefit Office and the bloke says, "it is much better to sign on as an unemployed musician than an unemployed pipe- fitter."

I would much rather have Benrahma, who was great for Brentford and has produced in the Premier League for West Ham United, for half the price of penalty- bottler Morgan Gibbs- White. If Morgan Gibbs- White, who has barely played ever in the Premer League, is not good enough to be central to Wolverhampton Wanderers' plans, then he should not be some over- priced prize in a one- team auction.
I think Cooper is desperate to bring him in and although we would have preferred to pay less I think the owners quite like the idea of paying a statement fee.

Like you I think I would prefer Benrahma but I would be surprised if he wouldn’t cost £25m at least…

Can't be arsed to Google translate but on my limited ability of reading Dutch it says we've bid for a player Amuzu from Anderlecht, but he prefers to go to Nice.
This kid obviously didn’t take geography at school.

Who in their right mind would pick Nice over Nottingham, unbelievable.

Moreno not signing is obviously a blow.

But are we not also writing off Toffolo way too quickly? I feel like if we'd just signed him now (i.e. if we hadn't witnessed Newcastle tear him a new one), we'd all be fairly happy with him as an option until Richards recovers. Players have bad games and it was definitely a baptism of fire for him. But Garner was crap for his first few games last season; Grabban had a shocker for his first 5 or 6 when he signed; Lowe took a while to settle.

A lot of fullbacks would struggle against the likes of Almirón and Saint-Maximin. Toffolo wasn't the sole reason we lost on Saturday. Our crumbling midfield being totally overwhelmed had more of a say in that.
Agree. He's a very decent second choice left back who we will call on every now and again to do a job. Didn't think he was stand-out bad last Saturday at all. Same as nearly everyone else.
I definitely don't think he deserves to be on the slippery slope to being this season's whipping boy, but it looks like it's going that way after the first game.

I've got an agreement with the gays, don't try and bum me or even kiss me and we will be fine.

Cross that line, bum me or snog me, especially with tongues, and there will be BIG trouble.

Let's just stick to a nod of acknowledgement of each others presence when I'm walking naked in the woods
Getting darker

We should be trying to get Traore from wolves for far less money.

i don’t understand coopers obsession with MGW- I don’t think any of us do !!
My concern was when Marinakis got personally involved. Doesn't look good if it doesn't come off after that. If I heard that from a Wolves perspective I'd be rubbing my hands together.

Agree. He's a very decent second choice left back who we will call on every now and again to do a job. Didn't think he was stand-out bad last Saturday at all. Same as nearly everyone else.
I definitely don't think he deserves to be on the slippery slope to being this season's whipping boy, but it looks like it's going that way after the first game.

I though he did OK under the circumstances. Football fans though eh? It was only a few seasons ago that people were having a go at Yates or Grabban.