Summer transfer window thread | Page 525 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Can't be arsed to Google translate but on my limited ability of reading Dutch it says we've bid for a player Amuzu from Anderlecht, but he prefers to go to Nice.
Like the episode of The Young Ones, where the half time interlude music waas from Amazulu, and Rick says to the hamster, "Amazulu", to which he gets the response, "Ahhm a Glaswegian".
I think this bloke should come to Nottingham, and receive a Forest chant of Amuzu, to the tune of Agadoo. He won't get that in Nice.

Like the episode of The Young Ones, where the half time interlude music waas from Amazulu, and Rick says to the hamster, "Amazulu", to which he gets the response, "Ahhm a Glaswegian".
I think this bloke should come to Nottingham, and receive a Forest chant of Amuzu, to the tune of Agadoo. He won't get that in Nice.

Special Patrol Group

It’s seems we are now getting antsy and desperate..let’s not waste time on players who from the get go say they would prefer a different club. That doesn’t bode well for team spirit and effort.

Would be great to get a sense of what we're trying to do now ?

CM - Garner, Kouyate or Freuler - Is it 2 from these 3?
LWB - Biraghi or Estipinan
ACM - MGW or Auoar?
CF - Davis, Dennis, Dieng?

That's 10 names for 5 positions

ACM - MGW or Auoar?

Being realistic we may get 1-2

ACM - MGW or Auoar?

I think you can cross out Estipinan, Aouar and Dieng.
I am somewhat sceptical of MGW heading here.
I think Biraghi, Kouyate are likely to join.
Are we actually in for Davis??
Would like to see Dennis here, but not sure if we are in for him.
If we get Kouyate, I think we will stop pursuing Freuler.
Garner? I don't think they want to sell him.
That makes 2 for me out of that list that should join us.
Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Anyone else a little concerned that this has the hallmarks of the 2020/21 season when we signed about 20 players?

not for a minute criticizing us for signing players as I know we need to and certainly not suggesting that Cooper won’t be capable of getting the best out of them, unlike that dreadful H*ghton…. But is this simply going to be too much too soon in uncharted waters?

All it will take is a great performance and points against West Ham for the mentality to change, but being in a league so brutal brings a level skepticism. If I’m honest, I’ve not been able to shake the issue that Cooper has sounded low key and worried all pre season and post Newcastle. It’s a side to him I’ve never seen before. Why hasn’t he signed this contract that was allegedly agreed months ago?