Summer transfer window thread | Page 517 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

We r in a difficult position because in the long run Richards plays left back and any 2 fron Colback, Yates and Mangala play centre mid. Then our biggest problem is up front. We need an out and out goalscorer. The danger is we spend money on the immediate problems - centre mid and left wing back leaving not enough for a top class striker. I dont think MGW is that player. A great luxury to have as an alternative to Lingard or Johnson but not that out and out striker. Short term gain but long term pain.
Dennis has the composure. Would love to see him with Davis.

Crazy price but the club can find the money or they cant. Its still free money to this point and it isnt the player demanding the fees. If he costs 40m, signs for 4years and gets us where we need to be quicker than without him then get it done.

Just seen this video of Laryea reflecting on his experience at Forest:

For him to speak positively about his experience, despite lack of game time, reflects well on him as a person and also the coaching environment Cooper has created at NFFC.

I still don’t see why Laryea wasn’t good enough as a squad option this season. Maybe up close in training Cooper didn’t think he could quite cut it at this level, maybe Laryea just wanted regular appearances before the World Cup.

Makes you wonder how much Garner would cost because if we could get him for £20 million then I would walk away from MGW.
Entirely different type of player Ingy. If you had checked your transfer spreadsheet, you would have noted that each player is listed on different columns.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting all emotional about the price of MG-W.

He has been/is Coopers first choice player that will fit into the system he wants to play. If the owner says he can afford it then what's the issue? It's not your money.
Cooper will feel better as a coach if he has his primary target.

It all seems now that there is a sense of inevitability about this signing. MG-W wants to come, we want him, Wolves will cash-in and he will come. It may come towards the end of the window.

Remember we are swimming in the big pool now, and we should be prepared to spend big to get the players, that our coaching staff want and need, to ensure that we remain buoyant.

Makes you wonder how much Garner would cost because if we could get him for £20 million then I would walk away from MGW.

That's like saying I need a campervan, but the one I want is too expensive, so I'll buy this cheaper Mini.

Has anyone watched the video doing the rounds this morning? The one with Ralph Rangnick talking about Man Utd?

He might as well be talking about Forest. It should give people a little more hope.

Has anyone watched the video doing the rounds this morning? The one with Ralph Rangnick talking about Man Utd?

He might as well be talking about Forest. It should give people a little more hope.
The footie press makes me laugh when it comes to Man U.
When players and managers speak honestly about the problems there you just get "How dare they talk about Man U like that?"
While at the same time you get endless articles and segments of pundits wondering "What's gone wrong at Man U?"

He talked about the rebuild and the need to buy a lot of players. He doesn't talk about gelling, he talks about deciding how you want to play, then building a team with lots of new gaces. He points to this is how Liverpool and Man City did it, and its certainly been the theme of Coopers comments.

He talked about the rebuild and the need to buy a lot of players. He doesn't talk about gelling, he talks about deciding how you want to play, then building a team with lots of new gaces. He points to this is how Liverpool and Man City did it, and its certainly been the theme of Coopers comments.
It is tough gelling loads of new gaces together.

Also, getting rid of two gaced bastards like Arter is a challenge.

I’m gonna remain positive and keep a smile on my gace though.

:smiley gace…

Reading between the lines, wolves don’t care as much about the add ons as they do about getting £30m upfront, hence the constant rejections.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting all emotional about the price of MG-W.

He has been/is Coopers first choice player that will fit into the system he wants to play. If the owner says he can afford it then what's the issue? It's not your money.
Cooper will feel better as a coach if he has his primary target.

It all seems now that there is a sense of inevitability about this signing. MG-W wants to come, we want him, Wolves will cash-in and he will come. It may come towards the end of the window.

Remember we are swimming in the big pool now, and we should be prepared to spend big to get the players, that our coaching staff want and need, to ensure that we remain buoyant.
I hate when Strett talks sense.

As a club we are having to make the transition from spending very little to spending a lot in the space of one transfer window. As someone else said the figures look huge but in effect they are a free hit.