Summer transfer thread | Page 195 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

I will seriously start to judge Karanka if he agrees to a sale. He's from our academy and is 19 and has loads of potential - it's great to invest, which we've done, but we should be mixing that with some great academy like Cash, Osborn and Worrall.
Loan is fair enough, sale is not!
It would be particularly disgraceful when 34 fridge Daryl Murphy gets in the team.

I will seriously start to judge Karanka if he agrees to a sale. He's from our academy and is 19 and has loads of potential - it's great to invest, which we've done, but we should be mixing that with some great academy like Cash, Osborn and Worrall.
Loan is fair enough, sale is not!
It would be particularly disgraceful when 34 fridge Daryl Murphy gets in the team.

I seriously doubt that Karanka will have the final say on this one; I would imagine that Dowling, Metgod and Anagnostou will be instrumental in who comes and goes, for continuity sake.

Other than that it does not make sense; we have turned down bids for him in the past, given him a good contract and are now waiting for him to develop, why sell?

Yeah loan no option to buy is fair enough if he's not in this season's plan, he can gain experience maybe increase value. But we'd need someone else in to replace, if Grabban gets crocked Murphy isn't going to be enough and he can't paly week in week out.

Mental unless it's around £10m with a fat sell on clause, he could be something special in a year or 2.

Honestly, this has pissed me off a bit. If Brereton was 23 and was at the level he's at, you'd perhaps understand Karankas conclusion that we might not improve.

To not give a chance to a 19 year old whose been linked with every top club in England and who looked outstanding when he burst on to the scene aged just 17, says a lot to me about Karanka. It's a shit message to Brereton who always worked hard if nothing else last season, that Daryl Murphy is deemed deserving of a chance, Despite looking totally out of sorts.

He's arguably our best prospect and I fully expect our DOF to step in and tell Karanka that it's utter lunacy to consider selling.

For those suggesting otherwise, it's very clearly a Karanka decision given Breretons exclusion from the cup squad and Karankas comments post reading so I lay this crap firmly at his door.

There’s nothing to say that Ben himself might want the move to get regular starting XI football. People are just assuming this is Karanka’s decision or the clubs decision which may not be the case. Karanka has spoken highly of Ben so it may not be as cut and dried that the club/Karanka don’t want the lad.

loan it out, score it some goals, get it back and challenge for the first team

sounds like we're getting a striker on loan or we're woefully LACKING UP FRONT

Ben will eventually leave...he played almost every game last season...he is a year older now nd will not accept to play a bit part role...is he right? Maybe yes maybe no...but nd we agree on this, for him the play regularly he has to leave Forest...the issue is ...who is willibg to take him on loan with no option to keep permanently?...maybe a L1 team that dont afford to buy him...does Ben wants this?...alot if things behind the scenes that we dont know about..let the club decide...if its the right decision who knows..remember the Burke saga? Was the club right to cash in?...only time will tell

Reactions: PVH
Burke was a better prospect.
Brereton still has big question marks over him for me. I'd rather him stay, but if they offered 8 million, I'd let him go.

How much did the PL spend last window? Letting BBZ go for less than double figures is stupid