Summer transfer thread | Page 193 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Disagree.

Let's say Grabban breaks his leg today. Back in training in March at the earliest.

Who would say with confidence that this won't wreck our promotion chances? Being left with a 35 and 18 year old, both with poor recent scoring records?

To score enough for promotion we are looking for around;

20 goals from the two main rotating forwards
10 each from the three attacking midfielders
Another 10ish from the defensive midfielders
5-10 from the defenders
Another 5-10 from squad players.

That gives you 70-80 goals.

The most reliable scorers need to be the forwards and ideally they should beat that 20 goal target to make up for others not hitting there's.

Here's the point- can you see Murphy and Brereton scoring 20 goals between them? I cant- they certainly didnt last year.

Can I see Murphy and Oliviera doing so? Yes, definately. Oliviera will be good for 12-15

We have Soudani also. My point is Olive is not an out and out goalscorer. Although I agree with your sentiment about having someone good to replace Grabban if the worst happens I don't think Olive is the right recruitment

if we really are geting a striker in then there's still reasons to believe it might be the Uruguayan as I know we spoke to him months ago. Tho Im not sure we are actually looking.
Oliviera? oh dear, cant see that at all, did someone think Cox was a good striker? Id say one of the worst buys ever :)

Your mate McKay was dropped by two forest managers in 12 months for his attitude, yet you still think he is the bees knees and a £10m player...

Which manager said he was stopped for his attitude you halfwit?

I also said if he can play consistently well he's a 10m player.

You really are incredibly stupid aren't you?

Stick to bullying pensioners.

Which manager said he was stopped for his attitude you halfwit?

I also said if he can play consistently well he's a 10m player.

You really are incredibly stupid aren't you?

Stick to bullying pensioners.

I didn't say his attitude on the training ground.

His attitude on the pitch was the problem.

One good tackle and he would hide. When the going got tough, McKay got going anywhere but where the ball would be.

Every player has bad days. On those days you just have to run, work hard and contribute the hard work.

When McKay had a bad day it was like playing with ten men. That's the attitude I was talking about. It's that attitude that led to his poor form and being dropped- as he was by both Warburton and Karanka.

Happy for you to disagree with that. It really doesn't need two personal insults in reply. I've questioned an ex players attitude, not questioned your parentage FFS

So you agree that you spotted an attitude problem with McKay, but question whether Norwich fans can do the same with Olive??

So you agree that you spotted an attitude problem with McKay, but question whether Norwich fans can do the same with Olive??
I didn't say that.

The point was that I don't care what they think. There wasn't a known problem with his attitude here and I never saw one.

How he was here at a time when the club was at a low ebb is far more relevant to me than what Norwich fans think

I didn't say that.

The point was that I don't care what they think. There wasn't a known problem with his attitude here and I never saw one.

How he was here at a time when the club was at a low ebb is far more relevant to me than what Norwich fans think

Though you did care what Huddersfield fans thought of Hef?

It was what, four seasons ago when he was here? Surely what Norwich fans think is relevant, as we have no other way of knowing what he is like after that passage of time. It's slightly worrying that their fans were so fed up of him for the last season or so isn't it? Especially when he wasn't great for us in the first place anyway.

Though you did care what Huddersfield fans thought of Hef?

It was what, four seasons ago when he was here? Surely what Norwich fans think is relevant, as we have no other way of knowing what he is like after that passage of time. It's slightly worrying that their fans were so fed up of him for the last season or so isn't it? Especially when he wasn't great for us in the first place anyway.

Not especially.

But i take it more seriously if fans are raving about a player who has left than if they are slating one. That's my choice.

Neither stand the test of games though

He scored nine goals for us, in twenty nine appearances, hardly earth shattering. What I saw was a fairly sulky player, who in no way was a team player. Out for himself always.
Decent on the ball, decent passer, but didn't work hard, no team ethic. But more importantly, not a prolific goal scorer.
AK seems to be big on the team ethic, so I don't think he would fit back in here at all.

He scored nine goals for us, in twenty nine appearances, hardly earth shattering. What I saw was a fairly sulky player, who in no way was a team player. Out for himself always.
Decent on the ball, decent passer, but didn't work hard, no team ethic. But more importantly, not a prolific goal scorer.
AK seems to be big on the team ethic, so I don't think he would fit back in here at all.
His record was one in three in a team that struggled to score goals. He only started 24 games!

if we really are geting a striker in then there's still reasons to believe it might be the Uruguayan as I know we spoke to him months ago. Tho Im not sure we are actually looking.
Oliviera? oh dear, cant see that at all, did someone think Cox was a good striker? Id say one of the worst buys ever :)

Remind me who the Uruguayan is?

We have Soudani also. My point is Olive is not an out and out goalscorer. Although I agree with your sentiment about having someone good to replace Grabban if the worst happens I don't think Olive is the right recruitment

You're right, Soudani yet might be a surprise package, the way he put that goal away today was out of the top draw of any striker.

He didn't fanny about - he latched onto the ball and saw a clear shooting chance and he took it.

In the 2 games at the CG this week we've created a bucket load of chances where most have been squandered by players wanting to walk it in or not getting their shots away.

Soudani looked hungry from the first minute he came on and looked an handful so don't be surprised if he starts putting a few away ahead of Grabben providing he gets more playing time.