Summer transfer thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Still think they'll be strong next season. Got a quality manager who knows how to get out this league.
I would be surprised if Bruce didn’t have them competitive but they have a bloated squad full of top earners - 7 of the top 10 earners in the Championship.

Their parachute payments are cut this season and they are sailing close to the wind for FFP.

Selling Grealish and maybe Chester may help but they are the only real assets they have - maybe Adomah and Kodjia...?

They are going to have to cut costs drastically and it will be interesting to see if Terry stays on.

Bruce is good at this level but is he good enough to contend with all the issues this season’s failure will bring. And that’s if they keep him...

Fucking Lansbury:wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey:

If Triple M was on this coming week (it isnt due to the Bank Holiday) this would be me, Hamburgerhead, AC and Woanz:cheers::nerner::rocker:

Okd wouldnt be there because he has a business to run

Think it will take a bit more than selling Grealish. Little parachute monies and massive squad all on big money. Will need to sell Grealish and 5 more to stay in FFP.

Bruce is a real fat bastard now, and Grealish? Hes just got one of those faces ( like Ronaldo) that deserves a good slap! Arrogant little twat!

I personally dont have an issue with sportsmen who are at the very top of their sport being arrogant (Ronaldo, Bolt, Ali for example). Its arrogance from people who aren't there that I dislike (Grealish, Paul Ince, Lansbury).

Stoke apparently wants to sign Ben Osborn. Personally I still think he is underrated,even though player of the year, and feel he is the versatile type of player required in this division.How do others see it? At what figure would anyone consider to sell?

You need two types of player to make a winning team, you need grafters & creators. While it would be nice for all players to have both you have to be realistic. This is the Championship.

We would imo struggle to find another player willing to work harder that Osborn which is why I would like him to stay. In fact we need more players of his ilk, not fewer.

The only reason to sell would be if he wants to go & pushed for it, but as we're talking about a club with parachute payments I wouldn't accept anything under £4,000,000 & I suspect we could get more.

Stoke apparently wants to sign Ben Osborn. Personally I still think he is underrated,even though player of the year, and feel he is the versatile type of player required in this division.How do others see it? At what figure would anyone consider to sell?

Ever since Osborn came into the team he has done nothing but play in a struggling team; even though he has been moved from position to position by various managers he has displayed remarkable levels of consistency.

I have every faith that Karanka will look after him and will look forwards to him playing in a side that does not struggle.

Its time we got the best out of one of our home grown players.

Ever since Osborn came into the team he has done nothing but play in a struggling team; even though he has been moved from position to position by various managers he has displayed remarkable levels of consistency.

I have every faith that Karanka will look after him and will look forwards to him playing in a side that does not struggle.

Its time we got the best out of one of our home grown players.

I doubt whether Ben Osborn would want to move to a place like Stoke. It would be a very similar situation to the way Guy Moussi turned down Derby.:eek!:

Not good enough for a promotion chasing midfield. Its ok to be versatile as long as you are very good in your preferred position. he is not. Good squad player. But if they offer 5-6m Sell

Lots of speculation on this forum about where clubs may stand against FFP but can anyone summaries where WE stand, very broadly? I appreciate it's difficult to be precise without having accurate information re income, losses etc (where is Jimmy Gordon when you need him?)

My recollection is that we are within the three year rolling 'Profitability and Sustainability' period, during which clubs may make losses, subject to rules on investment by owners and single year constraints, of up to £39m. Is this the third year of that period? Were we in embargo in the first year and did we spend about £7m in the second year, with losses around £15m? Figures just from memory....

During the period, we have been trying to reduce the wage bill and repay debt incurred during the tenure of the previous owner. We are work in progress. I saw a table recently that showed we had made a 'profit' on transfers (fees received less paid out) of some £24m gross. So you would like to think that we were some way out of the mess we were in a couple of years ago.

I also saw a table which showed the correlation between spending and league position this year. Although spending money is not the complete answer, there's no denying it makes a significant difference. Interestingly, the cost of our 2017/18 squad was the 17th highest in the Championship and we finished 17th!!

So where do we currently stand?