Summer transfer thread | Page 136 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

tomlin been told he isnt wanted at cardiff...not sure we could accomodate him now with the recent signings

I think Cardiff have a problem on their hands there, because Tomlin qualifies for a higher wage now that Cardiff are promoted but clearly Warnock doesn’t want him. So I suppose Tomlin can just rot on better money than he’d probably get in the Championship.

think you are right, ideally he needs a season loan where he performs well and both parties will be happy

personally I think hes a decent player and a good option on free kicks...but I dont see where we would fit him into our formation with the raft of signings we made

id prefer him to murphy...who has family issues with the distance etc by all accounts

id prefer him to murphy...who has family issues with the distance etc by all accounts

I think Forest would agree to let Murphy go on a free, out of the goodness of our hearts.

We're only going to play 1 up front & Murphy will be behind Soudani, Grabban & Brereton for that role.

Personally I would like to see us bring Tomlin in on loan for the season. Yes we've signed lots of attacking talent but most of that is wingers & strikers. We're hardly overloaded in the number 10 position. Just Carvalho really. Tomlin would be excellent back up.

I think Cardiff have a problem on their hands there, because Tomlin qualifies for a higher wage now that Cardiff are promoted but clearly Warnock doesn’t want him. So I suppose Tomlin can just rot on better money than he’d probably get in the Championship.

Tomlin is a professional footballer and if by his greed he stays at Cardiff and does not get a game then he seriously has to look himself in the mirror.

Any player worth his salt, should want to play football and earn his money on the pitch - if by shunning the chance and he chooses to sit on his BFB for 12 months then he deserves everything coming his way in the future because he has a chance with us of playing and going up into the Premiership, but turn us down, who will want to touch him and pay his wage demands in the future - Similar scenario with Colback!!!

We don't know the full details but I think we have waited long enough and if both players are trying to work us by getting greedy then I say "forget it - we have waited long enough - cheerio. :wave:

Last edited:
That works both ways, there is no reason to not fancy us for the league, especially now ove seen Dias n co in the flesh. Pure class. I also I dont think Stoke or WBA have much quality either so we could def be thereabouts

We could get some sort of measure of that when we take on WBA in our first game at home - it could be a level of where we need to be for the rest of the season.

Looking at our squad we have a lot of runners but no one who really stands out as being the player to put his foot on the ball, look up and play that killer pass.

We have a couple of players who can do it but no one who excels, even for this division.

Could Tomlin be that player? He certainly isn’t a runner but he may be what we need as an alternative.

Fee and wages would have to be right and he may have to play a bit deeper at times but I wouldn’t be against following up our interest.

I'd definitely still want Tomlin but only if the deal was right. We saw that on his day he can be a match winner and create a bit of magic from nowhere. We haven't really had that since Andy Reid. Should he command a starting role - probably not, but this is a long season where games ( and injuries) can pile up and having a player like Tomlin, who karanka has got the best of in the past could be great asset.

That said I think this is likely to be an August loan if it happens at all and it will only happen if Cardiff contribute some of his wages. No way should Forest be shelling out for all his wages - the guy is useful but not essential

Hmm.

The two best players we wanted and potentially both end up at Olympiacos, who happened to be owned by our owner.

Can't say I'm liking the precedent that seems to be emerging.

If we meet our target and get to the PL ( which is less likely with Podence and Vukcevic sat on the Oly bench), will we only be able to sign players so long as Olympiacos don't want them first?
I agree, except Vucevic won't be sitting on Olympiacos bench.

Have you ever noticed that its the same old shit OKD?

They moan about silly innocent phrases, they moan about the ownership, they moan about the forum, they moan about signings, they moan about established players. They just moan. It doesn't even matter if we are in or out of the football season, they moan.

Exactly!

Have you ever considered phoning the Samaritans?

I know someone who has their number on speed dial if you ever need it.

Bit strange that, when you would have considered that help the aged might have been more apt.