Summer transfer thread | Page 134 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

I would guess if we stay in the Championship we'll be second choice. If we can make it into the PL that will be another matter.

I can't help feeling that Marinakis is juggling his transfers and to help Forest not fall foul of FFP he's the type who would buy these high end players and send them straight out on loan to us.

It's a matter of "Watch This Space"

I have been immensely positive this summer.

If I didn't like any of the signings I would say so. I did that last summer, got slaughtered by everybody for it but I was spot on with almost all of them.

I also got slaughtered for nearly 5 years because I warned about Fawaz from the start. There have been a lot of death bed conversions on that one...

This is a forum. It's about debate. You are going for me as a poster by claiming I'm negative. What you could have the good grace to do is acknowledge that what I have said could be correct but you don't think it will be. Job done.

Not everything has to be unremittingly positive all of the time and if you think there won't be a price to pay somewhere down the line for what we have done this summer then you are naieve I'm afraid. Whether that price is FFP or more along the line of what I have speculated, nothing is free and the devil always gets his due

lmao pope pretending he has a positive bone in his body. Not justy me calling you negative I notice, its just boring now man, change the tune

As much as podence and vuk look the real deal, to play devil's advocate, you might worry about two young players with aspirations for international stardom and beyond trading a top European league for the Greek league. Also in podence case claiming undieing love for the sporting club and then cancelling his contract. He could have simply demanded a transfer to help his beloved club rather than go for personal gain.

As much as podence and vuk look the real deal, to play devil's advocate, you might worry about two young players with aspirations for international stardom and beyond trading a top European league for the Greek league. Also in podence case claiming undieing love for the sporting club and then cancelling his contract. He could have simply demanded a transfer to help his beloved club rather than go for personal gain.

You can have dual thinking about things though. Imagine you are a lifelong Forest fan and on Forest's books. You could walk away and get a million quid yourself, or get the club a million quid that you know the owner you hate would just pocket ?

Theres a couple of people on here that just like to moan.

That's greed for you!

We are having one of the best transfer windows ever and its still not good enough.

If we had signed Vuckovic and Podence with the Portuguese lads ending up in Greece there would have been the same level of moaning.

I'm also surprised that people think that EM would get involved with who goes where; he pays Vrentzos to sort that out; he is the one who has to keep two managers happy.

There is a guy on COYR who used to post on here from time to time, who reckons Colback has always been AKs first choice; this is someone who has been privy to good information in the past and is certainly no fantasist.

That's greed for you!

We are having one of the best transfer windows ever and its still not good enough.

If we had signed Vuckovic and Podence with the Portuguese lads ending up in Greece there would have been the same level of moaning.

I'm also surprised that people think that EM would get involved with who goes where; he pays Vrentzos to sort that out; he is the one who has to keep two managers happy.

There is a guy on COYR who used to post on here from time to time, who reckons Colback has always been AKs first choice; this is someone who has been privy to good information in the past and is certainly no fantasist.

I don't think it is greed. They're either miserable swines or tinfoil hat wearing pseuds.

Without having the facts to hand, I’m fairly confident that Forest being in the PL would be more financially and egotistically better for Marinakis than whatever Olympiacos achieve in Greece, unless Olympiacos somehow win the CL which looks reasonably unlikely all things considered.

So in essence I’d be more concerned if I was an Olympiacos fan quite honestly. Because in my opinion Marinakis hasn’t bought Forest for the shits and giggles, he’s purchased us with the clear intent of achieving promotion and nothing else.

That's greed for you!

There is a guy on COYR

you mention coyr forum more than anything. must really be put out by it for some reason. plenty forums / fb pages etc but you keep mentioning coyr.

Whatever you're going through, call the samartians from any phone on 116 123.

you mention coyr forum more than anything. must really be put out by it for some reason. plenty forums / fb pages etc but you keep mentioning coyr.

Whatever you're going through, call the samartians from any phone on 116 123.

What the fuck are you talking about now?

Do I need your permission to pass comment on what happens elsewhere on the internet?

COYR is a very good forum and I have never said any different.

I think you are still upset for being called out as a hypocrite after all the shit you gave Ozzy on here, only to then go fawning all over him.

Lets hope Osborn does not get too much game time this season, or I think you might be the one dialling that number.

I have just been on the official site to have a look at the Betis Highlights and read the Malaga report.

For future reference, do I need to clear this with you in advance?

That's greed for you!

Once again, misrepresentation of what has been said.

I don't mind debating based on an argument that has actually been made.

When a bunch of people decide to grossly simplify and generalise those points beyond recognition it's a bit more annoying.

A concern flagged about a hypothetical future context somehow becomes 'dissatisfaction with our summer signings'.

I'd say you couldn't make it up- but clearly people can do that extremely well

Once again, misrepresentation of what has been said.

I don't mind debating based on an argument that has actually been made.

When a bunch of people decide to grossly simplify and generalise those points beyond recognition it's a bit more annoying.

A concern flagged about a hypothetical future context somehow becomes 'dissatisfaction with our summer signings'.

I'd say you couldn't make it up- but clearly people can do that extremely well

It was not specifically aimed at you, there are other people who have expressed dissatisfaction in one form or another.

But, seeing as you want to make it about you, you did state:

"Hmm.

The two best players we wanted and potentially both end up at Olympiacos, who happened to be owned by our owner."

That is hardly a glowing endorsement, is it?

It was not specifically aimed at you, there are other people who have expressed dissatisfaction in one form or another.

But, seeing as you want to make it about you, you did state:

"Hmm.

The two best players we wanted and potentially both end up at Olympiacos, who happened to be owned by our owner."

That is hardly a glowing endorsement, is it?

It's not necessarily claiming the existing ones are shit either is it?

I personally haven't seen any rumblings anywhere other than a few people losing their shit at my comments yesterday. Maybe I am not as sensitive to criticism of the team as some of our more snowflakey posters.

Podence and Vukcevic, at least by reputation appear to be a step up from anyone else we have signed and anyone else in this division. That's from what I've seen. Obviously I can't test that out because neither have joined us. That doesn't mean I don't rate the current signings and is more about the 'stellar' status of the named two.

I would think that some decent critical debate would be welcomed. Our aim has gone from survive before the last day to promotion in one year. I think where there are potential weak points we should be discussing that rather than acting like a bunch of dickheads and singing about winning the league

There will be loads of decent critical debate once the season starts; up until then we are all guessing to a large extent.

You're not confusing people betting on us to win the league with people who actually do think we will win the league, are you?

There are plenty of the former but I do not recall too many of the later; the bookmakers rate us clear fourth favourites to win the league which looks a bit mean to me.

Like you say, is the relationship with Karanka or Marinakis? I would say a little of both which would mean both teams having a bite dependent on the players preferences.

You still have to consider what the players want. Some players offered will only be wanted by one club so it’s an easy issue to resolve as either the player wants to go or he doesn’t.

Some players will be wanted by both though and then you have to consider which club can afford the player and/or if the player is happy to go to one or both clubs.

At the moment the advantage lies with Oly as they can offer European football but that may not always be the case and if we did get to the premier league the advantage would be ours.
Simple as that really.