Summer transfer thread | Page 135 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

There will be loads of decent critical debate once the season starts; up until then we are all guessing to a large extent.

You're not confusing people betting on us to win the league with people who actually do think we will win the league, are you?

There are plenty of the former but I do not recall too many of the later; the bookmakers rate us clear fourth favourites to win the league which looks a bit mean to me.

That works both ways, there is no reason to not fancy us for the league, especially now ove seen Dias n co in the flesh. Pure class. I also I dont think Stoke or WBA have much quality either so we could def be thereabouts

Byram and Colback are the transfers I am hoping for this week. After that I am not sure. Would still like to see a proper left back in.

Byram and Colback are the transfers I am hoping for this week. After that I am not sure. Would still like to see a proper left back in.

Don't think anyone can have too many complaints with that. We have already effectively replaced the team- be amazing if we can complete the rebuild in this window but perhaps we shouldn't be too unhappy if we are left with a gap or two- we might have to wait to get the right player(s) to be a complete team/squad.

Why is Robinson not a proper left back just because he has had one season elsewhere at QPR?

This guy can throw the ball 40 yards- I want him in the team!

Why is Robinson not a proper left back just because he has had one season elsewhere at QPR?

This guy can throw the ball 40 yards- I want him in the team!
Not sure whether Robinson has been brought in as left back or centre back. He isn’t the quickest either which may point to him playing in the centre too.

AK may well be happy with Robinson and Osborn as his LB options but time will tell.

Yeah Romeu was my first thought but I think he is out of our reach. Norwood would be a really good signing though. Not sure how much they would want for him but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are willing to sell for a reasonable price to get him off the books.

Speaking of Southampton, I see their ex defender Jose Fonte is without a club. Seemed to be a decent enough player in my fantasy football a couple off years back, although I think we’re well stocked in that department anyway.

Good player, Fonte but he will be 35 in December and he also thinks he is still good enough for the Prem. As you say we don’t need him but doubt he would be interested anyway.

Good player, Fonte but he will be 35 in December and he also thinks he is still good enough for the Prem. As you say we don’t need him but doubt he would be interested anyway.

He’s Portuguese and therefore by default we ARE interested, get with the programme for heavens sake!

AK mentioned Ryan Yates would likely go out on loan, but also said he may re-think that stance if we don’t bring in someone else. So on that note, if Colback doesn’t arrive (or A.N. Other), would anybody be too displeased if Ryan was one of our established squad CM’s? I certainly wouldn’t, he’s going to get stronger and stronger IMO, already a big powerful player and won’t be bullied despite his youth. With Watson, Bridcutt and Gueddy here as well I think it makes sense to give him the opportunity to blossom with the 1st team squad.