Summer Transfer Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Released Norwich City midfielder Danel Sinani has a new club after agreeing to join German second-tier side St. Pauli.

Big club St Pauli, 40k gates every week at home. That’s the side that Dapo from Bolton went to so it seems a good move for Sinahi?

Released Norwich City midfielder Danel Sinani has a new club after agreeing to join German second-tier side St. Pauli.

He showed glimpses of being a good player but overall he was underwhelming for us last season and and probably only really had one genuinely good game which was the QPR game where he won the penalty and went off injured early.

That being said i do think those flashes of quality certainly suggested that if he found his form he could be a good player in L1. If we would've signed him i'd have been happy with that - but at the same time i'm not upset he didn't come back.

Not sure if we went in for him and he got a better offer from St Pauli or if we decided not to go for him but whatever the case we probably pretty well stocked for his position. If we were after another attacking mid Nick Powell is training with Crewe at the moment...

Watched St Paulli a few times when I worked in Hamburg,new stadium and bumper crowds for the division they are in and a cracking atmosphere inside and outside the ground.Great move for him

He showed glimpses of being a good player but overall he was underwhelming for us last season and and probably only really had one genuinely good game which was the QPR game where he won the penalty and went off injured early.

That being said i do think those flashes of quality certainly suggested that if he found his form he could be a good player in L1. If we would've signed him i'd have been happy with that - but at the same time i'm not upset he didn't come back.

Not sure if we went in for him and he got a better offer from St Pauli or if we decided not to go for him but whatever the case we probably pretty well stocked for his position. If we were after another attacking mid Nick Powell is training with Crewe at the moment...
I thought Nick went to Wrexham?

I thought Nick went to Wrexham?

It was rumoured but never happened. The fact he's training with Crewe suggests it wasn't as close as the meida reporting it would've had us believe. So he's clearly still available and knowing Nick he'd probably be keen to come back.

It was rumoured but never happened. The fact he's training with Crewe suggests it wasn't as close as the meida reporting it would've had us believe. So he's clearly still available and knowing Nick he'd probably be keen to come back.

Set to sign for Stockport according to twitter rumours. On their pre-season tour.

Nixon said Powell had offers from higher than L2 but picked Stockport as it was close to home. We weren't in for him.

Last edited:
If you are going for a sustainable model, investing and bringing on youth Powell is completely the wrong type of signing. I love Nick Powell but he is a luxury we simply could not afford. If you remember the last time we were in League One we could not rely on him as he had to be subbed off after 60 minutes (when we got him on the pitch). We need young, hungry grafters who are prepared to battle because we have 8 points to make up before we even start. The finances for a Powell deal are also wrong when you consider we still have three high-earning forwards on our books

If you are going for a sustainable model, investing and bringing on youth Powell is completely the wrong type of signing. I love Nick Powell but he is a luxury we simply could not afford. If you remember the last time we were in League One we could not rely on him as he had to be subbed off after 60 minutes (when we got him on the pitch). We need young, hungry grafters who are prepared to battle because we have 8 points to make up before we even start. The finances for a Powell deal are also wrong when you consider we still have three high-earning forwards on our books

I'm not sure we have any strikers at the moment, I'm not sure we can rely on Charlie Wyke to play much and Maginnis well enough said there. I think Callum has proved he is not Championship class so if he stays let's hope he tears up league one again

Rather than look at Powell the clubs sights now are finding a younger version to bring on.
Look at Matt Smith he's played around 100 league games so far. The right age and profile we're going for.

I'm not sure we have any strikers at the moment, I'm not sure we can rely on Charlie Wyke to play much and Maginnis well enough said there. I think Callum has proved he is not Championship class so if he stays let's hope he tears up league one again
Lang did it last time in League One, so no reason why he can't again.
Wyke will also chip in, and don't forget Humphrys, I am sure he will be able to find the net in League One.

I can see us going with Humphrys leading the line this season.
With pace around him his physicality would be ideal.
It's upto him though whether he takes his chance.

I'd like to think that Josh Stones will make a contribution (and impact) this season.
I was beginning to think everyone had forgotten about Josh Stones. That lad is potentially a decent player. Im expecting big things from him eventually. And sooner rather than later.

I'd like to think that Josh Stones will make a contribution (and impact) this season.
I can see Josh having a 6 month loan at a league 2 team. While we see how Humphrys copes.
He didn't get much game time at Ross County so perhaps isn't quite ready.