Summer Transfer Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Well. That football agent I was talking to,must be talking crap,,he didnt say any thing about palm sports. He said sharp was his agent.
??? ... You were talking to an agent ... who said Sharp was his agent?!
🤔

Seriously Ooooo, I think you need to proof-read your posts before actually posting.

Surely, on a forum, that's what we all do ... stick our beaks in.

Regardless, I'm sure everyone else is as confused as me re who you spoke to, and about whom.
I wouldn’t give a football agents name out on here. But the bloke said Kevin Sharp was kelvin philips agent. Was nice talking to him. He would not say who his players was but said no one from Wigan. But a couple from Bolton. And a few at championship level.

Such a shame that the low life footballing agents are trying to use such clauses to move their players on....the agents are 100% only interested in their move on fee & will try allsorts to get that move to bolster their wallet... shame on them & also the player to a certain extent.
Surely it’s the job of the players agent to get the best deal for the player who employs him, hardly low life jock? I’m sure if you employed an agent you’d want him working on your behalf as well? If players do want a way out, then why? Is it because they think they’re too good for L1 and would attract a higher club. Can’t blame them for wanting to play at a higher level. Is it just financial in that they could make money from the move? Can’t blame them for that either. Surely what it can’t be is because they fear the wage problem will continue under the new ownership. I’m afraid loyalty in football is long gone and frankly if a player doesn’t have his heart in playing for the club I’d rather he be gone and I’m sure management feel the same way.

I was looking at the players still on frees and the number is obviously shrinking as the summer moves on. That's not to say there's nothing good left, but some of the better ones are being link with a host of bigger clubs that we wont likely be competing with.

There have also been some other free agents we'd have probably have been quite happy with but have gone to less glamorous clubs than us, so we likely never showed interest.

So it may suggest we are going to be looking more at players at other clubs in the coming weeks. In those instances you generally have to wait until later in the summer for them to become available as part of a 'transfer chain'.

We know we aren't flush with cash, so it's highly likely we are going to use the 4 remaining loan spots. Most of the time clubs want to assess their players in preseason before deciding who they want to sell, loan or keep - so we may have to wait a little while before some of our targets become available after being quite busy last week.

I was looking at the players still on frees and the number is obviously shrinking as the summer moves on. That's not to say there's nothing good left, but some of the better ones are being link with a host of bigger clubs that we wont likely be competing with.

There have also been some other free agents we'd have probably have been quite happy with but have gone to less glamorous clubs than us, so we likely never showed interest.

So it may suggest we are going to be looking more at players at other clubs in the coming weeks. In those instances you generally have to wait until later in the summer for them to become available as part of a 'transfer chain'.

We know we aren't flush with cash, so it's highly likely we are going to use the 4 remaining loan spots. Most of the time clubs want to assess their players in preseason before deciding who they want to sell, loan or keep - so we may have to wait a little while before some of our targets become available after being quite busy last week.
There was an article a few weeks back about Maloney and the set up at Wigan talking about how we'd won fans amongst Prem clubs as a development route for players. Fully expect we'll see a few loans thru the door in the coming weeks.

There was an article a few weeks back about Maloney and the set up at Wigan talking about how we'd won fans amongst Prem clubs as a development route for players. Fully expect we'll see a few loans thru the door in the coming weeks.

With the exception of right back and central mid the squad is quite full in terms of numbers currently and we know Maloney intends to bring through quite a lot of our youth players too.

If you add in the 4 loans likely to come later in the window, we might actually not be looking to add many more additions beyond that, although that could change depending on who else goes and how the the youth players do in preseason.

GK

Edwards, Whatmough, Hughes

RB Smith, CM, McClean

Lang, Keane, Thelo

Fully expect Lang to go and I'm sure we'll replace him with a higher quality player than the likes of J. Smith and Callum when that happens. Maybe that's a position for a high quality Prem loan. We also need a central midfield shithouse and a dynamic right back.

I have noticed that the official club twitter has featured Lang and Whatmough a bit recently.

They just put out a tweet of Whatmough training saying 'Nothing like a bit of Jack Whatmough content to brighten up your Monday afternoon…'

Also Lang was the player sent to do the publicity photos for the mental health charity promotion with Warriors.

It may mean absolutely nothing and both could yet leave, but i would've thought if there was a belief that Whatmough and Lang were as likely to exit in the near future as some of the reports suggest that our media team would've had some idea of that and wouldn't have been as keen to directly draw attention to them.

If any player has ideas about moving on to another club under this yet to be proven ruling of cancelled contracts allowing players to leave for free malarky.

But If such a ruling does exists "which i doubt it does". But if it does, then when would anyone know when it was the time the player was free to leave. Would it be open-ended to the extent that it would be the player and his agent to decide when this time was?

Will the agent have a word with Sean Maloney to tell him that his valuable contracted player will be joining Barnsley for free a week before kick off and up until then he expects his contract to be honoured and still be on the pay-roll.

It just wont happen, will it? Who knows?

If any player has ideas about moving on to another club under this yet to be proven ruling of cancelled contracts allowing players to leave for free malarky.

But If such a ruling does exists "which i doubt it does". But if it does, then when would anyone know when it was the time the player was free to leave. Would it be open-ended to the extent that it would be the player and his agent to decide when this time was?

Will the agent have a word with Sean Maloney to tell him that his valuable contracted player will be joining Barnsley for free a week before kick off and up until then he expects his contract to be honoured and still be on the pay-roll.

I suspect you'd have to formally hand in your notice and then probably end up having to go through a legal process as it's not been done before and the club would try and challenge it - as if one can walk then it could become a free for all.

The most likely thing will be the players who have a better move lined up will have their agents trying to negotiate with the club an exit that avoids going through the legal process. I expect the players who are interested in cancelling their contract have already made it known to the club.

Hughes got an improved contract out of this situation, it wouldn't shock me if Whatmough and Lang maybe did too.

Dougie, the first thing to say is that there is a regulation in FIFA's rule book that allows players to unilaterally rip up their contracts for delayed payment of their wages.

The question is does it apply to our players.

In my own opinion there would be a case for the club to appeal and ask the Court of Arbitration for Sport to intervene and give a ruling. The legislation calls for the player to show " just cause" for their actions and this is the part that is difficult to prove.

All wages were eventually paid within what the legislation says is a "reasonable" timescale and have received assurances from the new ownership that there will be no repeat.

It could be argued therefore that the "cause" had been rectified.

GK

Edwards, Whatmough, Hughes

RB Smith, CM, McClean

Lang, Keane, Thelo

Fully expect Lang to go and I'm sure we'll replace him with a higher quality player than the likes of J. Smith and Callum when that happens. Maybe that's a position for a high quality Prem loan. We also need a central midfield shithouse and a dynamic right back.

Who is Edwards have I missed something ?

Having now found the FIFA article in the RTSP it would appear that it requires the players wages to have been late on two occasions and the player to have notified the club in writing of his intention to leave giving them 15 days to rectify the situation.

The article is a long and tedious document and is full of contradictions and legal prose, TBH I found it difficult to come to a conclusion as to whether the players have a right to leave for free or not.

I still believe that there would be room for the club to ask for judgement from CAS and that given that all wages were eventually paid and new ownership now in place it might be hard for a player to prove just cause in unilaterally terminating his contract.

But that would be for someone with a better legal knowledge than me to determine.
This was my understanding as well.
Players need to give 15 days notice to be paid or they are off.
If wages are not paid.

Wages were paid
Did anyone give 15 days notice? If so we are only talking about those players.
Yet wages were paid.
Wages continue to be paid.
So no player can give 15 days notice.

All boils down to if a player wants to appear on the pitch or in court with m'learned friends.