Summer Transfer Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

I completely agree but I think some of our fan base are starting to have expectations that some of the youngsters are going to be more than that.

We all obviously hope that is the case but it's just a case of not letting the hope become the expectation.
I think it would just be squad places with more youth, we had quite a big first team squad after January with multiple players loaned out and it wasn't necessary. 3 senior LWB was nuts for example.

22 or so senior players including the youth already made the breakthrough, with 5-8 youth players being involved with the first team and getting the football league trophy and League Cup minutes and featuring in the odd 18 man match squad, I think will be the scenario.

If 1 or 2 start the odd game and make the breakthrough like Hughes then that is possible and realistic. Thinking Tickle the most likely to fall under that bracket. The likes of Adeeko, Sze, Stones could have breakthrough seasons maybe 1 or 2 others have a chance.

I guess that answers a lot of questions with who look to have put the 15 day notice in, the contracted players who havent gone to Hungary that isn't due to extended break because of international duty.

So Power and Tilt both under contract for the season but the only contracted players not in training, Shinnie was the same. McClean and McGrath I don't think have returned to training from international break yet. So it be interesting to see if McGrath shows at training or not then we will know.

Was interesting what Power had to say. Made it sound like they'll be a lot more younger players in the squad than a few think.
If they’re good enough they’re old enough. I’m excited to see what some of the young players are capable of this season. Last season wasn’t great at all but Charlie Hughes was given his chance and I think he ended up being our best player. If 1 or 2 more can do the same this season and we manage to consolidate then I think we’ll have done well. Sam Tickle has a good shout for being our goalkeeper and I’m sure there are a few more who could become part of the first team.

Was interesting what Power had to say. Made it sound like they'll be a lot more younger players in the squad than a few think.

If that is the case then there is still a lot of old players on big wages in the squad, surely we will be pushing them on. Mind you, I would keep Keane if we can, and Humps is at the right age, and I believe under Maloney he will shine more than the hoofball we had to endure.

Seems like SM wanted to keep Power but he wanted to move on.
Probably an influence on this decision was his treatment by a minority of brain dead supporters who got on his back and blamed him for all the wrongs going on in games.
Wonder who the next scapegoat will be now that Darikwa and Power have departed?
Magennis is the most likely although one of the new signings could be if they don’t play like worldbeaters

Probably an influence on this decision was his treatment by a minority of brain dead supporters who got on his back and blamed him for all the wrongs going on in games.
Magennis is the most likely although one of the new signings could be if they don’t play like worldbeaters
Every club as one.

......Wonder who the next scapegoat will be now that Darikwa and Power have departed?
Have no fear Kenny ... of all the things you could place a bet on, there's no bigger certainty than our fans finding a (new) scapegoat. ;)

I refer you to a Mudhutter piece from a few years ago ...

We've got to find a Scapegoat.
We've got to find a Scapegoat, Someone to take the blame
Focus on their negatives & Call 'em a childish name.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, A poncy, fancy dan
Someone who doesn't run & chase, And give it all they can.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, A target for the boos
The object of our fury, Now just who shall we choose?

We've got to find a Scapegoat, To follow on from Jeff
Some to cop for our abuse, Yet act as if they're deaf.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, Cos Jordi's now allreet
He used to be our whipping boy, But now we've seen the leet.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, Someone not fit to burn
A lazy good for nothing, aye, A few could take a turn.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, Cos McCann's turned out OK
And Crainey played a blinder, Down at Wembley t'other day.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, Now Boozy Joe might fit
Cos though he's often not half bad, He's just as often shit.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, Someone who chucks in t' towel
When things aren't going all his way, That's it, it's young Nick Powell.

We've got to find a Scapegoat, Cos our combined IQ
Isn't that impressive really, It's only 22 !

I would say the influence was more likely the wages on offer in Saudi versus the cloth-cutting salary offered here. I doubt the abuse of a few dozen meatheads would sour the view he has of the vast majority.

Think the club at last will be run a bit better. The contract situations over the last 12 mths have been very strange. With players managers etc. and we will properly be trying to get one or two to sign new ones. We dont even know the contract Maloney is on.

Think the club at last will be run a bit better. The contract situations over the last 12 mths have been very strange. With players managers etc. and we will properly be trying to get one or two to sign new ones. We dont even know the contract Maloney is on.

Maloney signed 3 and a half years I believe.

Yeah man, I’m sure it was entirely down to that and nothing whatsoever to do with the Aramco owned Saudi club trebling his wages and securing his family’s future financially. But if it makes you sleep easier at night then you believe that.

It’s not just a new scapegoat that is needed. Now Scully has left, we need a new world beater that never gets picked just so that when the team is announced at 2pm, the same people every week can ask that same question of, where is he??

I can see us going with Humphrys leading the line this season.
With pace around him his physicality would be ideal.
It's upto him though whether he takes his chance.
Take his chance or if he's hung out to dry and set up to fail as a lone striker with no support or service like what has happens to many strikers at Latics.

It’s not just a new scapegoat that is needed. Now Scully has left, we need a new world beater that never gets picked just so that when the team is announced at 2pm, the same people every week can ask that same question of, where is he??
Well it certainly worked well playing Darickwa and Power last season and not even giving Scully a chance.
Where did we finish?
Just remembered, um bottom and didn't even look like staying up.

Lang, Pearce and Hughes have done a video for the website naming the team mate who's 'best dressed', 'toughest', 'most intelligent' etc.

They talk about Jamie Jones for one of their answers, which further suggests he's staying put.

Lang featuring on social media so often is making me feel more optimistic he stays. On the flip side being Keane being our top scorer but not featuring much makes me a bit more cautious about his future.

Yeah man, I’m sure it was entirely down to that and nothing whatsoever to do with the Aramco owned Saudi club trebling his wages and securing his family’s future financially. But if it makes you sleep easier at night then you believe that.
If you read it properly I didn’t say that was the reason, I said it contributed to his decision. No need for the sarkey comments