Summer Transfer Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

This lads a good one when I have seen him play. A real hand full. Didn’t understand why he didn’t get game time at Ross county.
Couldn't agree more Oooooo.

I can see Josh having a 6 month loan at a league 2 team. While we see how Humphrys copes.
He didn't get much game time at Ross County so perhaps isn't quite ready.
You may well be right Yon Mon ... I suspect it all depends on what's going to happen with Wyke and Magennis.

From what I've seen though, he's at least as good as (and far stronger than) Kyle Joseph was in our amazing survival season.

There is lot's of talk about various young lads coming in and making an impact but even if you've watched them excel regularly for the U21s - it's such a massive step up to the senior game and it's impossible to know how they'll adapt.

In the past we've had a number of young players we had high hopes for and they unfortunately never broke through and most are now in non league.

Not many youth players who do go on to make it are capble of coming straight into the senior game and taking it in their stride like Hughes. Many need loans at a lower level like Lang did to get ready.

We all would love to have a handful of u21s step up but just as easily we could end up without anyone doing that. Just got to see how it goes.

Genuine and heartfelt comments made in Max Power's post about leaving the club.
Good to know he and his family are supportive of the club.

Saudi Arabia, that is one hell of a commute each day 😀

There is lot's of talk about various young lads coming in and making an impact but even if you've watched them excel regularly for the U21s - it's such a massive step up to the senior game and it's impossible to know how they'll adapt.

In the past we've had a number of young players we had high hopes for and they unfortunately never broke through and most are now in non league.

Not many youth players who do go on to make it are capble of coming straight into the senior game and taking it in their stride like Hughes. Many need loans at a lower level like Lang did to get ready.

We all would love to have a handful of u21s step up but just as easily we could end up without anyone doing that. Just got to see how it goes.
I don't think we'll see many of the young lads starting. There is still enough senior pros to fill most of the positions.

However, if they can be coming off the bench or start games here and there alongside those senior pros then it will only be good for their development.

At the moment the only position I can see that we need one of the young lads to start is right back.

I don't think we'll see many of the young lads starting. There is still enough senior pros to fill most of the positions.

However, if they can be coming off the bench or start games here and there alongside those senior pros then it will only be good for their development.

At the moment the only position I can see that we need one of the young lads to start is right back.

I completely agree but I think some of our fan base are starting to have expectations that some of the youngsters are going to be more than that.

We all obviously hope that is the case but it's just a case of not letting the hope become the expectation.

I think Power was personally quite hurt by the way the fans treated him over the past season and while everyone has been understandably frustrated I think Max became an underserved scapegoat for some of our fan base.

So I'm not really suprised to see him move on, as i think he is a heart on his sleeve type of person and probably needs a fresh start. I don't blame him.

I wish him well as he's been a good servant. I'd have been happy to keep him but I hopefully Smith will be a good replacement and Power can earn some good money over there to help set him up for life after football.

Still felt he should've turned up to support his team mates as pretty much vice-captain against Rotherham though and I think it's a bit of a sad note it ended on.

I've just seen the clubs official statement on Power leaving.

'His contract was terminated by mutual consent'.

He only signed a 2 year contract so his initial deal expired at the end of last season but based on that statement it appears that he was another who had a trigger extension and didn't leave on a free as we had thought. I did think it was strange that Power would play over 40 games but not have a trigger in his deal but players like Amos and Tilt did for a much lower number of games.

We had heard that some players were disputing if they were under contract or not - maybe it was Power. Maybe Power was even one of the ones threatening to tear up his contract.

Also when Darikwa left he got a nice graphic saying thank you and goodbye and few paragraphs looking back and celebrating his time with us while Power got nothing.

Maybe Power didn't leave under the most amicable circumstances.

Last edited:
need to find an experienced player for the middle of the park a hard man sort of player. Shit house like a Morsy. Every team needs one. This is league one football.
When you look at the players who've left and the players who've come in, we've added much needed pace and more technical players, but we have lost a lot of physicality in the middle of the pitch and we will need to replace some of that.

As you say in L1 you've got to be able to battle and a Morsy type is certainly going to be something we need. Nothing wrong with players like Matt Smith but you probably can't play 2 of those types in centre mid together and need to partner him with someone who's a bit more of a battler to give you the balance.

Nixon says Levitt likely going to Hibs.

Not shocked at all, we aren't going to be in the position to pay the type of fee they were after right now as we cost cut and the player will want to go to one of the stronger SPL teams who qualified for some European games rather than us in L1.