Summer Transfer Thread | Page 101 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kerr leave in January if he’s fully fit. He’s out of contract next summer and I’d imagine he’s one of our highest earners. I can see us keeping Rekik for the full season as it’s clear Maloney likes him.

Overall a really impressive window and a far cry from the debacle that was the summer of 2022. That we've arguably done better business in a division below and with a soft embargo speaks volumes as to just how bad things already were at that point.

Another thing worth noting is that Alan Nixon has clearly lost his contact(s) at the club if he hadn't already. Don't think he had a word to say about any of our ten signings this summer - at least not before news had already broken elsewhere.

Back in the Whelan/Sharpe era - and even as recently as the IEC days - it was like he had the manager's office bugged there was so much info being leaked. Makes you wonder who or where that was all coming from because it's a stark contrast to what you get from him these days.

Probably for the best really but, knowing how petty and sour he can be, I doubt he's best pleased about having the proverbial door slammed in his face.

Overall a really impressive window and a far cry from the debacle that was the summer of 2022. That we've arguably done better business in a division below and with a soft embargo speaks volumes as to just how bad things already were at that point.

Another thing worth noting is that Alan Nixon has clearly lost his contact(s) at the club if he hadn't already. Don't think he had a word to say about any of our ten signings this summer - at least not before news had already broken elsewhere.

Back in the Whelan/Sharpe era - and even as recently as the IEC days - it was like he had the manager's office bugged there was so much info being leaked. Makes you wonder who or where that was all coming from because it's a stark contrast to what you get from him these days.

Probably for the best really but, knowing how petty and sour he can be, I doubt he's best pleased about having the proverbial door slammed in his face.

I also noticed Nixon has gone from being so prolific and accurate for so long to having virtually nothing this summer.

But not just Nixon, our interest in signing any of them was kept quiet until it was virtually done and ready to be announced. We're clearly running a much tighter ship now. Which is probably a good sign.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kerr leave in January if he’s fully fit. He’s out of contract next summer and I’d imagine he’s one of our highest earners. I can see us keeping Rekik for the full season as it’s clear Maloney likes him.

Rekik only here until January initially. So I imagine Arsenal are hoping he impresses enough to recall and send him to a Championship club for the second half of the season.

So Kerr may yet be needed.

Seems a much stronger squad than Leam had in the admin survival season. Even considering the minus 8 Maloney has simply got to keep us up again this time and will if he can get the players to perform over a season like Leam did.

Seems a much stronger squad than Leam had in the admin survival season. Even considering the minus 8 Maloney has simply got to keep us up again this time and will if he can get the players to perform over a season like Leam did.

Absolutely zero chance we go down.

This is arguably a better team than Richardson's despite the fact Maloney has had to deal with budget cuts, players walking out of contracts and a transfer embargo compared to Richardson having the finances to allow us to cherry pick the best players from our rivals and over a million in fees.

Absolutely zero chance we go down.

This is arguably a better team than Richardson's despite the fact Maloney has had to deal with budget cuts, players walking out of contracts and a transfer embargo compared to Richardson having the finances to allow us to cherry pick the best players from our rivals and over a million in fees.
In the survival season Leam had a much less choice of budget and players. He had much more to deal with than Shaun has this season. It was a miracle he kept us up with the players he had. Shaun's side. Arguably better? It's a million miles better.

In the survival season Leam had a much less choice of budget and players. He had much more to deal with than Shaun has this season. It was a miracle he kept us up with the players he had. Shaun's side. Arguably better? It's a million miles better.

Im not talking about the admin season I'm talking about the year we outspent everyone to win the league - hence why I said spending over a million on fees and cherry picking rival players by offering bigger wages.

That's fine but i was saying Maloney is putting together a team that has potential to be better than Richardson's promotion team on a much smaller budget.
Hopefully that is so. Certainly got the youth and potentially business wise it must be better. Hopefully Shaun could then become a Latics management legend like Leam.

Young goalkeeper Tom Watson also signed a new deal over the past few days.

We're are clearly trying to get the prospects tied down on longer term deals.

Tickle and Adeeko both signed new deals at the end of last season before they got near the first team, so i imagine they are on quite modest deals. If they continue to impress in the first team I imagine they will be rewarded with a contract that is more in line with the other first teamers.