Summer Transfer Thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Looks like Antonee Robinson signed a new deal looking at his Instagram post which says 2028 and a pic of him in his Fulham shirt. Looks like sell on clause disappeared...... FFS!
Doesn't matter that much really. We have a billionaire owner now. It's up to him to prospect and invest in new young talent.

The sell on clause will only last for the length of the original contract. 1 year left. After that time period, the clause drops off unless there is some crazy stipulation in there which i doubt.
"crazy stipulation" !
It would make common sense for it to happen.
Anyway no windfall this summer.

The sell on clause will only last for the length of the original contract. 1 year left. After that time period, the clause drops off unless there is some crazy stipulation in there which i doubt.

Don't think you are right there FB, I seem to remember reading that Everton were entitled to a % of any sell on clause windfall we received for the sale of AR.

Pretty sure thats how it goes. Anyway, if not, his value is certain to increase in the near future. 1 more stellar season an i see him somewhere like Newcastle. Probably talking a fee of about 40m. It's one to keep an eye on. As investments go. That's not bad at all. Bet he regrets choosing the USA now with the England side's weakest position being the left side. He'd have been in.

Really surprised by Powells move. Right now I'm happy to have a club but if very surprised that a player maloney wanted on a free we can't afford to bring to the club over a league 2 club.

The report on wigan today sounds like we have little to no budget available to the club and its going to be very much just ticking over rather than any push for promotion.

No a sell on clause is tied to the player not the contract. If it was just the contract then there's nothing stopping clubs signing a player then giving them another contract to avoid paying the fee.

Doesn't matter that much really. We have a billionaire owner now. It's up to him to prospect and invest in new young talent.
Jeff I think it’s abundantly clear that he isn’t going to be throwing his millions around to buy success, I think he was open and honest about that from the off,
There’ll be some prudent investment hopefully but broadly speaking our outgoings will have to be matched by incoming revenue …and several million from any Robinson transfer would have represented a genuine windfall and a boost to our operating/transfer funds.
If we were hoping or counting on that boost and it isn’t coming …it won’t be replaced by the owner

Don’t think Danson as any interest in football at all.Would really like to know the reason he bought us. Was it just a favour to the people of Wigan was it to make sure The rugby had some were to play. Apart from Maloney speaking a few words. Nothing at board level coming out from the club.

Really surprised by Powells move. Right now I'm happy to have a club but if very surprised that a player maloney wanted on a free we can't afford to bring to the club over a league 2 club.

The report on wigan today sounds like we have little to no budget available to the club and its going to be very much just ticking over rather than any push for promotion.

Probably the fact that they offered a 3 year contract swayed him, no doubt we would be looking at a possible one year with a one year trigger. Nothing to do with wages or signing on fees in my opinion.

Probably the fact that they offered a 3 year contract swayed him, no doubt we would be looking at a possible one year with a one year trigger. Nothing to do with wages or signing on fees in my opinion.
My heart said try to get him as he is one of the best footballers we have had, but at his age and the length of contract he may have been wanting, my brain took over.
Young Matty Smith looks to be a similar type of player, hopefully he will grow with us and become a valuable asset, something NP is well beyond now.
Good luck to him, he still has the ability to rip League 2 apart.

Apparently we didn't make an offer at all. If we did I think we probably could've agreed a deal but Maloney didn't seem to want him.

There was little point in signing him in my view. As good as he was …(and on his day he was extra special) at this level, he was injured too often. Even when he did start he was often looking to the bench around the hour mark.
Classy player but a luxury we can’t afford

So unless the new owner pisses millions down the drain and drop ikck the rugby club out of the DW he is already starting on a back foot. He has got millions so why doesn't he waste a few hundred million on speculative purchases.

Latics fans are either happy clappers or head slappers. I know which I would prefer to be.

Don’t think Danson as any interest in football at all.Would really like to know the reason he bought us. Was it just a favour to the people of Wigan was it to make sure The rugby had some were to play. Apart from Maloney speaking a few words. Nothing at board level coming out from the club.

Was it to make sure his hometown had a football club?

He was one of maloneys top targets for the summer and has been in his sights for the last few months. I'd be very surprised of we didn't make even a speculative offer especially with him being only 29 and Potentially having 3/4 good years left in him.

Can be a target all summer long but if Maloney's allowed budget doesn't stretch to the players demands that is met by a league 2 club then there will be a lot more disappointing outcomes for Shaun.