Summer Transfer Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

I assumed he meant he a signed another year, although I can't find anything that says that

Ah, right.

Taylor was fairly confident that he has the last 9 games to earn another contract in this mornings Athletic.

He claims the coaching staff have been disappointed in his goal return.

Ameobi, like Muric was a MON/Tommy Johnson signing apparently

Interesting article on the BBC Sport site regarding PL losses dues to the Pandemic; this will obviously cascade down the Divisions and impact on transfer spending.:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52999782

The part relating to the EFL makes stark reading:

300m total losses in the Championship

107% of income going on wages.

Delloite, who compiled the report, are recommending a salary cap at 70% of income, which should be sustainable; the question is whether they will make that adjustment in one jump.

Based on the last set of accounts, our wage bill will need to be around 18m to comply; it ran at nearly 36m.

On the face of it, that seems like a big reduction to make; however, the wage bill published included paying off a number of players.

The wage bill from the previous season of 28m will still necessitate a hefty reduction but the overall squad is getting smaller, and, with more and more youngsters coming through, should be achievable without too much pain.

We are certainly in a better position than some in our Division.

Interesting article on the BBC Sport site regarding PL losses dues to the Pandemic; this will obviously cascade down the Divisions and impact on transfer spending.:

Delloite, who compiled the report, are recommending a salary cap at 70% of income, which should be sustainable; the question is whether they will make that adjustment in one jump.

Based on the last set of accounts, our wage bill will need to be around 18m to comply; it ran at nearly 36m.

On the face of it, that seems like a big reduction to make; however, the wage bill published included paying off a number of players.

The wage bill from the previous season of 28m will still necessitate a hefty reduction but the overall squad is getting smaller, and, with more and more youngsters coming through, should be achievable without too much pain.

I'm sure Derby still have a few more stadiums to sell.

Their accountants are even smarter than their lawyers

The wage bill from the previous season of 28m will still necessitate a hefty

reduction but the overall squad is getting smaller, and, with more and more youngsters coming through, should be achievable without too much pain.

Accepting your maths and acknowledging we are in a better position than most, cutting wage bill from £28m to £18 m is quite a hefty swing of the axe. I think we can assume Bostock wage demands won’t be accepted nor will Watson’s extension. Samedo and Diakabi will go back. A couple more will be released or sold off cheap. Clough, Hefele, Beni, Darwickwa etc. Still got a bit to go.

It’s not something we can do overnight but look at clubs like Brentford. There are plenty of examples of clubs who do well while paying out far less on wages. We just have to put a policy in place and stick to it.

I think both of the Brentford supporters accept they are a selling club. Will the Forest faithful. Either Worrall or Cash goes this year and the other next. Any players we buy is with an eye to resale. Carvalho is gone as we need to recoup his fee. Johnson and Appiah play thirty games and when proving useful are sold.

I don’t disagree with your statement it is will others put up with it and buy a season card on the back of it.

I think both of the Brentford supporters accept they are a selling club. Will the Forest faithful. Either Worrall or Cash goes this year and the other next. Any players we buy is with an eye to resale. Carvalho is gone as we need to recoup his fee. Johnson and Appiah play thirty games and when proving useful are sold.

I don’t disagree with your statement it is will others put up with it and buy a season card on the back of it.

Appiah went a long time ago.

Johnson I suspect will end up in the Yates/ Walker category - i.e. alright, but not quite good enough for the first team.

I'm not sure the money available in the transfer market right now will make it worth selling either player unless they themselves are agitating for the move.

If the club were honest about it and made it into a consistent philosophy then I wouldn’t mind. We are always going to be a selling club so why not do it the right way?

Accepting your maths and acknowledging we are in a better position than most, cutting wage bill from £28m to £18 m is quite a hefty swing of the axe. I think we can assume Bostock wage demands won’t be accepted nor will Watson’s extension. Samedo and Diakabi will go back. A couple more will be released or sold off cheap. Clough, Hefele, Beni, Darwickwa etc. Still got a bit to go.

It certainly will not be easy but the circumstances have changed somewhat over the last two seasons.

The 28m wage bill from the season before last accounted for a first team squad, including the players deemed as bomb squad, totalling over 40; that has been significantly lowered since with a few more still to go.

I can remember carrying out a back of a fag packet calculation on that 28m wage bill and coming to an average wage of around 17k per week per player.

Even if that is on the low side, which it probably is, getting rid of 10 senior players reduces the wage bill by around 8m

That puts us thereabouts with an increase in turnover putting us even closer.

The turnover from now on will be in the lap of the gods; it was going in the right direction but that has obviously changed, for the time being at least.

Johnson will be far better than Yates or Walker; he looks a class act.

He needs some game time to develop, which might mean time out on loan.

Lets see - I have only seen him fleetingly. He looks like he has good qualities, but hasn't really imposed himself, but he is only 19.

Was far more impressed with Mighten, who is a year younger and who definitely looked to impose himself against Chelsea.

thing is with this situation is that every team is in the same boat, so I cant see anyone wanting to shell out crazy money on players

i think we might see more clubs work within their means and utilise their young players for the next 12/18 months

It certainly will not be easy but the circumstances have changed somewhat over the last two seasons.

The 28m wage bill from the season before last accounted for a first team squad, including the players deemed as bomb squad, totalling over 40; that has been significantly lowered since with a few more still to go.

I can remember carrying out a back of a fag packet calculation on that 28m wage bill and coming to an average wage of around 17k per week per player.

Even if that is on the low side, which it probably is, getting rid of 10 senior players reduces the wage bill by around 8m

That puts us thereabouts with an increase in turnover putting us even closer.

The turnover from now on will be in the lap of the gods; it was going in the right direction but that has obviously changed, for the time being at least.
Maximising our income streams has to be another priority if we have dreams of competing at the top level.