Summer Transfer Thread | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

mao tse tung

Vital Champions League
This years transfer window is due to open on June 10th, which is little over a Month away.

This has not stopped the rumour mill from cranking up:

Jack Colback is now a free agent and, if the rumours are true, has moved his family into his Nottinghamshire house.

Rumours we are interested in Boubakar "Kiki" Kouyaté, a Malian international centre-back, 23, currently playing for Troyes in Ligue 2 and Oumar Gonzalez, another centre back, currently playing for FC Chambly.

Apparently Chambly turned down our offer in January but we are going in with another bid.

Mbaye Diagne has posted a cryptic message on his instagram account today; the posting, which includes an image of our badge, seems to have captured the attention of the NEP:

Last edited:
That galatasary striker

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1588946344832.jpg
    FB_IMG_1588946344832.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 23
Think they need to hurry up and figure out when the window is actually going to open this year. June 10 could still be mid-season at this rate.

In one sense Colback could be a great addition but SL may not be interested and we may have actually moved beyond him in terms of how we play.
? we cant be worse in midfield than now. i only rate sow n he seems injury prone

In one sense Colback could be a great addition but SL may not be interested and we may have actually moved beyond him in terms of how we play.
The way we play needs to be very different next year.

We have been a surprise package this season but if we do exactly the same thing next season we will be found out.

To a large extent we already have been, hence not being able to buy a win at home recently against anyone who doesn't throw the kitchen sink at us

This counter attacking has worked this year but desperately needs to evolve and develop to maintain the effect

The way we play needs to be very different next year.

We have been a surprise package this season but if we do exactly the same thing next season we will be found out.

To a large extent we already have been, hence not being able to buy a win at home recently against anyone who doesn't throw the kitchen sink at us

This counter attacking has worked this year but desperately needs to evolve and develop to maintain the effect

I don't think it needs to be too different.

We fell down badly in two areas last season:

1. We had one solitary striker last season; he did very well, extremely well in fact, but, in addition to him being overused, it meant we had no plan B when we needed one.

This certainly impacted on us at home; when we needed that second striker in the games where we could not get the breakthrough, he was not there.

2. We do not get anywhere near enough players into the box, which of course limits our goal scoring chances.

I do not believe that it is the way in which we are set up which is the root cause of the problem; I think it is down to the individuals we have had playing.

Taylor wrote an article in The Athletic earlier in the week were he compared Sabri to Billy; he mentioned both managers attitude when it came to playing square pegs in round holes, and reached the conclusion that Lamouchi was much better in this area.

Maybe that is true, but a side effect of that could be playing players in positions in which they are not instinctively proficient; managing to arrive in the box in the right position at the right time is a natural trait for some players and not for others, and that's before we consider actual scoring ability.

I think we suffered from that last season; that's taking nothing away from some players who played well for most of the season but came up wanting in a few games; maybe we expected too much from players who should have been bit part players.

I would like to think we have a good few striking alternatives on the radar and hopefully a couple of midfield players who can get in advance of the striker.

The way we set ourselves up is sound enough; we have a good spine to the side and the deep midfield player allows the full backs to get forward.

If we continue to be hard to beat and add the additional scoring threat we can be a serious force next season

Rumours we are interested in Boubakar "Kiki" Kouyaté, a Malian international centre-back, 23, currently playing for Troyes in Ligue 2 and Oumar Gonzalez, another centre back, currently playing for FC Chambly.

Apparently Chambly turned down our offer in January but we are going in with another bid.

Plays a bit like a big Des. Obvs the level is not as good though.

Mbaye Diagne has posted a cryptic message on his instagram account today; the posting, which includes an image of our badge, seems to have captured the attention of the NEP:

A little bit worrying that he only managed to score 16 in the Chinese league!

Anyway, whilst it's nice to speculate, I'm not seeing us signing any players unless the league continues and we go up.

Otherwise EM is fucked.

Anyway, whilst it's nice to speculate, I'm not seeing us signing any players unless the league continues and we go up.

Otherwise EM is fucked.

We will be signing players in one form or another.

We have a 23 man squad at the moment, which consists of 4 loans players who will be heading back, and Walker, Mighton and Brennan, all of whom will probably be heading out on loan next season.

The contracts of Bridcutt and Adomah are up next month; Clough is frozen out, you would think Hefele will be on his way and according to Transfermarkt Benalouane is out of contract soon.

That leaves us with a squad of 16, possibly bulked out with a few youngsters.

That is a very good starting point providing the recruitment team are on the ball

We will be signing players in one form or another.

We have a 23 man squad at the moment, which consists of 4 loans players who will be heading back, and Walker, Mighton and Brennan, all of whom will probably be heading out on loan next season.

The contracts of Bridcutt and Adomah are up next month; Clough is frozen out, you would think Hefele will be on his way and according to Transfermarkt Benalouane is out of contract soon.

That leaves us with a squad of 16, possibly bulked out with a few youngsters.

That is a very good starting point providing the recruitment team are on the ball

Adomah, Pantilimon, Clough, Darikwa and Hefele all have a year left and it will be hard to move most of them on.

Bridcutt and Steele are being released.

Bong and Jenkinson still have two years left so they will be the new bomb squad.

Adomah, Pantilimon, Clough, Darikwa and Hefele all have a year left and it will be hard to move most of them on.

Bridcutt and Steele are being released.

Bong and Jenkinson still have two years left so they will be the new bomb squad.

Yes Adomah has another year to go; it is his loan at Cardiff that ends next month.

I thought Pantilimon had gone but he is only on loan.

Both will either leave or go out on loan again.

I read that Darikwa has had a set back in his rehabilitation, so he will not be fit for a while.

We are still in a much better place than we were two years ago.

I don't think it needs to be too different.

We fell down badly in two areas last season:

1. We had one solitary striker last season; he did very well, extremely well in fact, but, in addition to him being overused, it meant we had no plan B when we needed one.

This certainly impacted on us at home; when we needed that second striker in the games where we could not get the breakthrough, he was not there.

2. We do not get anywhere near enough players into the box, which of course limits our goal scoring chances.

I do not believe that it is the way in which we are set up which is the root cause of the problem; I think it is down to the individuals we have had playing.

Taylor wrote an article in The Athletic earlier in the week were he compared Sabri to Billy; he mentioned both managers attitude when it came to playing square pegs in round holes, and reached the conclusion that Lamouchi was much better in this area.

Maybe that is true, but a side effect of that could be playing players in positions in which they are not instinctively proficient; managing to arrive in the box in the right position at the right time is a natural trait for some players and not for others, and that's before we consider actual scoring ability.

I think we suffered from that last season; that's taking nothing away from some players who played well for most of the season but came up wanting in a few games; maybe we expected too much from players who should have been bit part players.

I would like to think we have a good few striking alternatives on the radar and hopefully a couple of midfield players who can get in advance of the striker.

The way we set ourselves up is sound enough; we have a good spine to the side and the deep midfield player allows the full backs to get forward.

If we continue to be hard to beat and add the additional scoring threat we can be a serious force next season

While we do need another striker by far our biggest issue was our lack of creativity when the opposition were happy to concede possession and space.

While we do need another striker by far our biggest issue was our lack of creativity when the opposition were happy to concede possession and space.

All the creativity in the World will not be enough unless we get players into areas where they will hurt the opposition.

The lack of movement in the last third makes defending relatively easy.

Andrea Pirlo would have struggled in our home games this season; you cannot make effective passes if you do not have a target to hit; the complete lack of options would have stunted his creativity.

Creativity does not appear to be a problem when we play away from home