Summer Transfer Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Tyler hasn't really been given much opportunity since he came back and that is made worse by the fact that the formation doesn't appear to suit him.

He's not a winger and he's not a No.10, but playing the role that Grabban does is so hard to learn - when, he only gets cameo appearances, because Grabban is so good at it.

He's young with potential and time to develop, plus with better coaching you would hope he would benefit.
How much longer do we have to give him though? We seem to have been saying the same for the last three or four years.

Walkers not good enough.

At the level we’re playing and the expectations placed on the manager, ie promotion this season or next, Walker isn’t clinical enough to justify taking a place in the squad.
Gilt edged chances are hard enough to create, without having a 1-in-4 striker fluffing his lines.

The goal versus Leeds was an absolute gimme.

More importantly, though, there was a game following, think it was charlton, where he started and had two difficult chances.
One he missed the target from a Diakhaby cross and the other he hit straight at the goalie.
Not good enough.

Maybe he just isn’t a natural goal scorer, and probably wouldn’t ever be to the level required.

Less said about Yates the better.

Terrible first touch and can’t hit a tricky/not square nor backwards pass more than 10 yards.

Walkers not good enough.

At the level we’re playing and the expectations placed on the manager, ie promotion this season or next, Walker isn’t clinical enough to justify taking a place in the squad.
Gilt edged chances are hard enough to create, without having a 1-in-4 striker fluffing his lines.

More importantly, though, there was a game following, think it was charlton, where he started and had two difficult chances.
One he missed the target from a Diakhaby cross and the other he hit straight at the goalie.
Not good enough.

Maybe he just isn’t a natural goal scorer, and probably wouldn’t ever be to the level required.

Less said about Yates the better.

Terrible first touch and can’t hit a tricky/not square nor backwards pass more than 10 yards.
Absolutely correct.
this forum keeps returning to this subject (T?yler) but he is absolutely shite at this level

I think Walker has all the attributes needed for a very decent striker at this level. He actually needs to be at a Huddersfield or a Wigan type club where he can have two or three seasons leading the line and developing his game.

Few strikers burst on to the scene like Kane. Most have to serve an apprenticeship in lower leagues like Vardy. Walker is certainly getting experience at likes of Mansfield and Lincoln but he now needs to step up to championship. Can’t see him getting much time at Forest thus CP’s comment about Huddersfield or Wigan is sound. One season maybe enough, perhaps two.

The essence of our problem is that the system we play requires a striker of absolutely outstanding all round quality; the likes of which is rarely available and is usually highly expensive and beyond our means.

We couldn't even just go and pick up someone like Jordan Rhodes to do it; he probably couldnt.

I am struggling to name players in the SBC who could do that job in the way Grabban does. I'm struggling once I've gone past Mitrovic

The essence of our problem is that the system we play requires a striker of absolutely outstanding all round quality; the likes of which is rarely available and is usually highly expensive and beyond our means.

We couldn't even just go and pick up someone like Jordan Rhodes to do it; he probably couldnt.

I am struggling to name players in the SBC who could do that job in the way Grabban does. I'm struggling once I've gone past Mitrovic

Huddersfield might well have 2 who could.

Walkers not good enough.

Not good enough.

To me thats just total garbage, hes 100% been a wasted talent. Tho evidently not at any other club hes been to

hes shit. could do his role myself

i see Grimsby have reached a financial agreement with their 10 remaining contracted players to not play again until they can play in front of a crowd.

Holloway is saying this shouldn't be done until a vaccine can be found.

lol 2035 it is then

News on current players:

Watson has been offered a Years extension but he is holding out for a two year deal.

Bostock has impressed the Coaching staff and the Club are looking at another loan deal as his current wages are prohibitive.

Dawson expected to sign another short term deal unless a management opportunity arises over the next few weeks.

No news on Ameobi although the Club are said to be disappointed with his goal return.

The Club are not looking to cash in on either Worrall or Cash despite rumours to the contrary; it would take an head turning offer to consider selling either (that may well be to put the tyre kickers off) - Cash stated as recently as May 21st that he thinks he would be better playing regular games than moving on.

Smith, Steele and Bridcutt expected to leave the Club on June 23rd

Situation with Bostock is a strange one. He was a fringe player in the french league. A league not usually known to be paying extravagant wages. Forest knew his wages when they loaned him so no surprise. Surely Forest will pay wages, extravagant or not, whether he is signed or on loan.

News on current players:

Watson has been offered a Years extension but he is holding out for a two year deal.

Bostock has impressed the Coaching staff and the Club are looking at another loan deal as his current wages are prohibitive.

Dawson expected to sign another short term deal unless a management opportunity arises over the next few weeks.

No news on Ameobi although the Club are said to be disappointed with his goal return.

The Club are not looking to cash in on either Worrall or Cash despite rumours to the contrary; it would take an head turning offer to consider selling either (that may well be to put the tyre kickers off) - Cash stated as recently as May 21st that he thinks he would be better playing regular games than moving on.

Smith, Steele and Bridcutt expected to leave the Club on June 23rd

Forest would be mad to allow Ameobi to leave before the actual end of the season. I’d give him another year regardless as back up and get a couple of decent wingers in as a priority.

Few strikers burst on to the scene like Kane. Most have to serve an apprenticeship in lower leagues like Vardy. Walker is certainly getting experience at likes of Mansfield and Lincoln but he now needs to step up to championship. Can’t see him getting much time at Forest thus CP’s comment about Huddersfield or Wigan is sound. One season maybe enough, perhaps two.

Kane didn't burst on to the scene. He went on loan to various mediocre teams and had a mediocre scoring record with them.

He burst on to the premiership scene. He had loans at The O’s and Leics without showing much, returning to Spurs. Knocked us out of league cup and never looked back. He didn’t play 80 plus games like Walker has. His apprentership was mostly on the bench.

Ameobi maybe could do with a goal or two more but he's chipped in and has helped us be where we are, he's earned at least a one year extension and if they let him leave before we can finish the season we are going to be very short on decent wide players.

Ameobi signed up to 2021. Not the worst news although I am hoping he becomes a squad player.