Summer Transfer Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Is wages cap enforceable when they can’t enforce ffp and ways round it, like organisations paying clubs to pay players for advertising products and selling of grounds to them selves at over book price. RFU stamped on Saracens for the former. Is EFL able to police itself?
not legally overall im sure but can still be done as a club stance;
I swear , id pay 10k absolute tops to any of our players. V few are actually any better than i was it seems. The standard i think is quite poor outside of fitness

Nothing official. The rules are the same. Some leniency and licence may be given to clubs who had plans to sell players at end of season to balance books for financial year and now can’t or delayed. That will entail small amount, relatively. As it is over a rolling three years, a three month wobble is obvious. The discussions on wage caps pay have a knock on effect in a few years but no change to present rules. Hit the cheats hard.

In Italian football, failure to pay players and staff on time is an immediate two leagues relegation issue. Fawaz would have ensured no Kuwaiti holidays fell on a payday Friday with that rule. Macclesfield would be relegated and Stevenage safe.

does anyone know if FFP will be the same now gate receipts are not happening for the foreseeable?

There will have to be a temporary adjustment or all Clubs will fail; I'm sure the EFL realise that more than anyone.

There is no great rush to make a decision at the moment as the damage inflicted so far will be in the accounts to be presented next March time.

They will also have to take a medium term look at things as next season will come into the equation.

It looks like the emphasis is on the introduction of a wage cap; some figures relating to L1 and L2 have already been bandied around; I should imagine the Championship will be not far behind.

Nothing official. The rules are the same. Some leniency and licence may be given to clubs who had plans to sell players at end of season to balance books for financial year and now can’t or delayed. That will entail small amount, relatively. As it is over a rolling three years, a three month wobble is obvious. The discussions on wage caps pay have a knock on effect in a few years but no change to present rules. Hit the cheats hard.

In Italian football, failure to pay players and staff on time is an immediate two leagues relegation issue. Fawaz would have ensured no Kuwaiti holidays fell on a payday Friday with that rule. Macclesfield would be relegated and Stevenage safe.

You are conflating two issues Polly.

The issue relating to the Clubs who have taken the piss and other Clubs who have potentially broken the rules, will be adjudicated on aside from whatever decision is made relating to the Covid interruption.

That adjudication needs to be made before the Season ends; you cannot have the suits talking shite about integrity and then turn a blind eye to flagrant breaches of the rules

There will be some temporary changes to the P & S rules, but there is no need for an immediate decision.

Some Clubs will no doubt try and sell players, but I think survival will be upmost in their minds rather than P & S adherence.

It is good news, I was told a while ago that it would be a player coach type contract - as he finishes his 'A' licence and becomes more involved with the academy - which potentially allows his wage to be moved into there.

gotto love how these old players always wanna finish their career with us, yet have their best years somewhere else. can all fo in my book ;) as would have in Cloughies

I have noticed a few rumours to the effect that Ameobi's contract extension is only to the end of this season - his contract would ordinarily conclude at the end of the Month.

There are also a few rumours regarding Watson's availability; unless he agrees to the same extension he will not be available after the 30th

I have noticed a few rumours to the effect that Ameobi's contract extension is only to the end of this season - his contract would ordinarily conclude at the end of the Month.

There are also a few rumours regarding Watson's availability; unless he agrees to the same extension he will not be available after the 30th

Surely Watson can’t be playing hardball? I heard he’s after a 2 year deal and we’ll give him 1, but I’m surprised he’s not accepted 1 year for a team pushing for promotion where he’s captain and I assume settled.

Surely Watson can’t be playing hardball? I heard he’s after a 2 year deal and we’ll give him 1, but I’m surprised he’s not accepted 1 year for a team pushing for promotion where he’s captain and I assume settled.

The rumour suggests that a 2 year deal with a London Club has turned his head.