Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Tranmere seemingly have a mountain to climb to stay up but will also benefit from problems elsewhere - Bolton's points deduction(s), the shambles at Bury which looks set to run and run after the EFL apparently gave them their backing today, Coventry playing every game away from home, Wycombe's huge budget reduction and more. There never has been a better season to be promoted to League One, a team is going to have to be very bad indeed to finish in the bottom four.

My view is he will do well,,,,,,Ipswich last season dogsh1t going forward so got to be an improvement.
Ipswich only scored 36 league goals last season, but Bolton were even worse with 29. There were not many goals in League One either - even Blackpool only scored 50 but still managed to finish tenth. Any team that finds a goalscorer will do very well in League One next season.

Tranmere seemingly have a mountain to climb to stay up but will also benefit from problems elsewhere - Bolton's points deduction(s), the shambles at Bury which looks set to run and run after the EFL apparently gave them their backing today, Coventry playing every game away from home, Wycombe's huge budget reduction and more. There never has been a better season to be promoted to League One, a team is going to have to be very bad indeed to finish in the bottom four.

On the basis of that detail and optimistic view going forward i`m booking my overnight hotel stop over in West Bromwich now.

Agree with you league 1 will be won by default next May 2020.
Keep you financial house in order and you may have a chance in the shake out.
Add in the heavy expectation at Pompey(owner Eisner of Micky Mouse connections) contemplating sending Jackett to the dole queue and the unknown factor around the pending new Sunderland owners, the division is not sitting on a solid foundation......................opportunity?

Especially as they've just released him.........Tranmere have a lot to do to be competitive now and will be on a smallish budget I suspect
I think Tranmere will have a bigger budget than us. They seem to make a lot from.the commercial side of things and if they go well, they have a huge stadium so can se a lot of tickets.

Wonder if Ipswich will chuck in a money plus Rowe incentive for big John?

Wouldn't advocate sale personally unless it's a ridiculous offer

If we can get our money back, I wouldn't be against us selling, as much as I supported him last year. Not sure how many he will score in L1 if we dont change our system to give him more of the ball in the areas he likes. We didnt play to his strengths last year.

If we can get our money back, I wouldn't be against us selling, as much as I supported him last year. Not sure how many he will score in L1 if we dont change our system to give him more of the ball in the areas he likes. We didnt play to his strengths last year.

We'd sell anyone for good money. I could, however, see Akinde doing quite well in L1.

We'd sell anyone for good money. I could, however, see Akinde doing quite well in L1.

Yeh rightly so. If we can identify free agents and boost the wage budget from player sales we might get close to a top 10 budget. I can see quite a major rebuild this Summer.