Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

If we can get our money back, I wouldn't be against us selling, as much as I supported him last year. Not sure how many he will score in L1 if we dont change our system to give him more of the ball in the areas he likes. We didnt play to his strengths last year.

Your last sentence is totally correct.
Personally i would keep JA, we just need to play to his strengths.
Play him in a 2 up top.
His value is increasing and division 1 is no great shakes,i`m sure we are all quaking at the thoughts of playing Rochdale and Accrington.....not!

I think we'll see the team evolve further into a more technical team again this season. Last summer we added Shackell, Toffolo, O'Connor, Andrade, having signed Pett and Frecklington the January before.

Hopefully we're as successful at tweaking it as we were last summer, being able to play when needed, but not losing the attributes that got us to where we were - strength, physicality and power i.e. don't do what Notts County did.

We can improve on the 2 wingers we had last season and only Rowe in the support slot (10) showed quality.
We are in the market for at least 3 players up top.
Last season our wingers had little or no competition for places.....that`s gotta change....................plus more clinical in front of goal from those wide slots and more accuracy into the box in terms of delivery.

We can improve on the 2 wingers we had last season and only Rowe in the support slot (10) showed quality.
Last season our wingers had little or no competition for places.....that`s gotta change....................plus more clinical in front of goal from those wide slots and more accuracy into the box in terms of delivery.

Did I dream that Andrade did fairly OK last season with regard to goal scoring?

So Andrade and Anderson are our biggest saleable assets and they need improving. So we sell them for big money to boost the coffers and need better replacements at a cheaper cost.
I spot the usual flaw in your post Devon, you have a tendency to make no sense at all.

So Andrade and Anderson are our biggest saleable assets and they need improving. So we sell them for big money to boost the coffers and need better replacements at a cheaper cost.
I spot the usual flaw in your post Devon, you have a tendency to make no sense at all.
If we got an overinflated price for our players and managed to snag a bargain due to a player being released or spot a player from a lower league. Perhaps a player’s club has gone bust and he’s available for nothing. Perhaps a player has been transfer listed and is available for a knock down price (I.e. Bostwick.)

For example selling Farman and signing Smith.

Perhaps you shouldn’t have been so quick to be rude to someone.

2 up front and 2 wingers? That is very brave!

DC has always played 2 wingers which is not common in most sides lining up against us.......expect 1 of them to be sold this summer(player trade as DC indicated when interviewed)Raggs/Woodyard etc.
Last season Akinde acted as the battering ram up against opposition defences (not a role he prefers)often time isolated....,the 10 role is currently going begging with McCartan gone back as has Rowe....expecting a signing in this area?

If we got an overinflated price for our players and managed to snag a bargain due to a player being released or spot a player from a lower league. Perhaps a player’s club has gone bust and he’s available for nothing. Perhaps a player has been transfer listed and is available for a knock down price (I.e. Bostwick.)

Yes a great example. Smith is so good he is our 3rd choice keeper.
As for Devon I think he can fight his own battles, he loves a bit of banter

As we are a selling club and our key players periodically move on for decent money(Raggs,Waterfall,Woodyard) i expect nothing less than a sale this summer of one of our wingers and as you say if we receive a top,top price for one of our targeted players then we will replace him economically as has been done in the past and work to the process as before.Our financial position requires us to operate within a structured financial framework

What we can’t ever do – and we’ve seen it from a lot of football clubs in recent times – is put this club in danger................DC quote

I dread to think what they're paying him!

The average salary of an established Championship player is £7-8,500 a week. So add a chunk of bribe money on top of that and you've probably got your answer. He could be the first League Two player to be on five figures a week, and that's disgraceful.

In protest I have just edited Salford City in Championship Manager. Their 'sugar daddy' has gone, they are now £100m in debt, and all their players have left save one, their worst, whose contract is now £50k a week. Not sure how they will pay him or play him, of course, because they have a wage budget of £500 a week, they are now amateur, and their stadium has been condemned and limited to a max attendance of 50.

They are also now nicknamed "The Wankers".

Last edited by a moderator:
The average salary of an established Championship player is £7-8,500 a week. So add a chunk of bribe money on top of that and you've probably got your answer. He could be the first League Two player to be on five figures a week, and that's disgraceful.

In protest I have just edited Salford City in Championship Manager. Their 'sugar daddy' has gone, they are now £100m in debt, and all their players have left save one, their worst, whose contract is now £50k a week. Not sure how they will pay him or play him, of course, because they have a wage budget of £500 a week, they are now amateur, and their stadium has been condemned and limited to a max attendance of 50.

They are also now nicknamed "The Wankers".

I can see by this post that you clearly have no particular strong feelings towards Salford City either way then :lol: