Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 59 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

I would love to see him in midfield . Protecting the back four . I’m sure he has it in him , he is good on the ball , I’m not sure about right back . Taganga is a real bonus for us .

I always had high hopes for Foyth but im not sure his touch is good enough to play in midfield, his first touch somtimes got him in trouble

Im not a Lingard fan but Jose knows him well and he is the classic hard working Jose type forward who would be back up for Son, Moura abd Bergwijn. Shows the budget we are working to this summer. I'd much prefer Son, Moura, Bergwijn and Sarr.

Clubs/agents often talk up exists in readiness for a possible big acquisition and I suspect that this chatter now picking up steam in some agents circles is because of the possibility of Jadon Sancho moving to Manure.

I'm uncertain how he'd fit with us as he's had two poorish seasons, not fulfilled his potential and has been injury-prone lately - in fact a bit like Dele! And, I suspect he'll be on a big wedge of around #100k and won't be cheap - my guess is circa £30-40 mill.

But as you say, Jose tends to like him for his aggression and combative style.

this crossed my mind aswell but i cant see a top class CB coming in unless one on Dier, Alderweield or Sanchez are sold.

A top quality CB might look at those three and realise that he is better than at least two of them. Ruben Dias, Skriniar, Ajer or Kim must be better than Dier and with Sanchez inconsistent and Toby getting on, they might feel that they have a very good chance of being a first choice in time.

I'm hoping for both Castagne and Celik for fullback purchases and one CB at the back.

I thought Vertonghen would've ended up in Serie A

IF I recall properly, he already has a home in Portugal and the league won't be nearly as intensive as Seris A - Benfica and Sporting Lisbon are the only really tough games every season and he'll add some silverware whilst there.

A top quality CB might look at those three and realise that he is better than at least two of them. Ruben Dias, Skriniar, Ajer or Kim must be better than Dier and with Sanchez inconsistent and Toby getting on, they might feel that they have a very good chance of being a first choice in time.

I'm hoping for both Castagne and Celik for fullback purchases and one CB at the back.

100% agreed but with the funds available i cant see
Clubs/agents often talk up exists in readiness for a possible big acquisition and I suspect that this chatter now picking up steam in some agents circles is because of the possibility of Jadon Sancho moving to Manure.

I'm uncertain how he'd fit with us as he's had two poorish seasons, not fulfilled his potential and has been injury-prone lately - in fact a bit like Dele! And, I suspect he'll be on a big wedge of around #100k and won't be cheap - my guess is circa £30-40 mill.

But as you say, Jose tends to like him for his aggression and combative style.

that alone ex should count him out, €17m max for me. If we were to spend that we might aswell sign Sarr

Jack Butlands asking price has dropped to £8-10M. Would he be a better backup option to Gazza?

Jack Butlands asking price has dropped to £8-10M. Would he be a better backup option to Gazza?
Most likely yes and would be good for the home grown rules too. But I'd imagine getting him and selling Gazza would likely end up in a net spend of £5m. Given the current situation and the other areas of weakness in the squad, I'm not sure we have the luxury of upgrading on that position.

Having said that, I don't think Gazza is as bad a keeper as many fans seem to. We could do a lot worse as a back up.

Haven’t seen Butland play for ages, but when he was the next best thing I seem to remember he made plenty of gaffs...I’d rather leave things as they are for now and concentrate on RB and LB, or maybe just a RB if Sess and Cirkin are in the frame,

Don't know anything about those other CBs but I don't think Ajer is someone to take us up a level. To me he is like Foyth. Lures you into giving you hope that he is going to be a solid defender but has too many lapses or lacks the consistency of good performances.He, like Foyth, is still young but if that was our choice then I would stick with Foyth. Foyth has another gear in him but not sure he will be able to get into it without a long run in the side that he will only be able to get at a weaker team.
I would actually prefer Julian if I were to pick a Celtic CB tbh. Reminds me of VVD but sadly and unsurprisingly not as good.

I've made a point of watching more Castagne and I really don't get what people see in him. What am I missing? He's like a slightly faster Trippier who can't cross as well.

Average player, I hope talk of our interest is just that, yesterday speaking to a contact he said our interest was 'unlikely, it was another agent trying to talk up a move'.