Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 60 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Jose isn't often interested in diminutive players, I feel that Aaron's is too small, young and overpriced for him.

As long as whoever we an get can cross a ball, is close to 6ft and is first team ready; then I think Jose will be interested.

Even though as a coach he can improve young players, his personal purchases at his previous clubs show a clear preference for 'oven ready' players over prospects.

Jose isn't often interested in diminutive players, I feel that Aaron's is too small, young and overpriced for him.

As long as whoever we an get can cross a ball, is close to 6ft and is first team ready; then I think Jose will be interested.

Even though as a coach he can improve young players, his personal purchases at his previous clubs show a clear preference for 'oven ready' players over prospects.
Sukho, I think you are right there regards 6ft fullbacks, so set a mission lads finds some 6 footers for Jose to look at.

I'm
Sukho, I think you are right there regards 6ft fullbacks, so set a mission lads finds some 6 footers for Jose to look at.
That's why I think the Castagne rumor might have legs. He is 1.85m, can play both sides and can actually cross a ball. He is 24 too, and first team ready. Already better than any fullbacks we have at the club and is one of the reasons that his club have punched above their weight this season.

We WERE interested in Grealish but at 35M was too much. We WERE interested in Dybala and again too expensive at 70M. We ARE now interested in Grealish at 80M and also in Dybala at 100M. The mind boggles or THEY take us fo idiots. PS myself included!

We WERE interested in Grealish but at 35M was too much. We WERE interested in Dybala and again too expensive at 70M. We ARE now interested in Grealish at 80M and also in Dybala at 100M. The mind boggles or THEY take us fo idiots. PS myself included!

I wouldn't believe anything at the moment, like most clubs we're too bust licking our financial wounds. The media have some sort of mantra; 'in the absence of any real news, we'll make it up again'...

I wouldn't believe anything at the moment, like most clubs we're too bust licking our financial wounds. The media have some sort of mantra; 'in the absence of any real news, we'll make it up again'...
Exactly, last week the talk in the press was of Deeney or Wilson. This week it's of Bale and Dybala. I know which week's stories sound more believable to me...

Exactly, last week the talk in the press was of Deeney or Wilson. This week it's of Bale and Dybala. I know which week's stories sound more believable to me...

Which is the most depressing part.

However I have liked what Jose has done in the transfer market so far.

Lo Celso age = 24. Signed for £27.2m.
Bergwijn age = 22. Signed for £27m.
Hojbjerg age = 25. Signed for £15m.

All of their contracts run till the end of 2024/2025 season.

He has also got Tanganga signed up long term as well.

Not bad so far. Fingers crossed more of the above quality arrives.

You do know that absolutely none of that business was at Jose's instigation right?

He also got your favourite player, Dier, signed up long term :-)

I think the more interesting milestone is when Jose can claim to call it "his squad". At this point he can probably only feel proprietary about two-thirds of it but is being practical about the required churn.

At least he makes guys like Aurier and Sissoko feel loved, even if the reality of how much he rates them is kept to himself.

At the expense of Aurier? It would be a stupid move unless we were to keep Aurier as well which seems unlikely.

So from Wikipedia
Max Aarons - 5'10"
Serge Aurier - 5'9"
Trent A-Arnold - 5'9"
Kyle Walker-Peters - 5'8"
Kyle Walker - 5'10"
Wan Bissaka - 6'
Azpilicueta - 5'10"
Matt Doherty - 6'
Pereira - 5'9"
Bellerin - 5'10"

I appreciate height isn't a total reflection on total physical attributes, but it at least suggests that you can put on the muscle mass. I have seen nothing of Aarons to suggest he can't hold his own physically with the best and he's only 20.

I'd be disappointed if at a time when all the top clubs aren't looking for RB's that we miss out on Aarons. That would just be Spursy following all our debacles at full-back over the decades.

So from Wikipedia
Max Aarons - 5'10"
Serge Aurier - 5'9"
Trent A-Arnold - 5'9"
Kyle Walker-Peters - 5'8"
Kyle Walker - 5'10"
Wan Bissaka - 6'
Azpilicueta - 5'10"
Matt Doherty - 6'
Pereira - 5'9"
Bellerin - 5'10"

I appreciate height isn't a total reflection on total physical attributes, but it at least suggests that you can put on the muscle mass. I have seen nothing of Aarons to suggest he can't hold his own physically with the best and he's only 20.

I'd be disappointed if at a time when all the top clubs aren't looking for RB's that we miss out on Aarons. That would just be Spursy following all our debacles at full-back over the decades.

Weird this debate about his height. I've seen it suggested that he's much shorter than the commonly listed 5'10". But looking at him in pics next to players like Zaha & Puki, who are said to be 5'11", that number looks about right.

And you're right, nothing whatsoever to suggest he can't hold his own in the Prem, he has done so in a crappy side, and at only 20 he could become World Class. Right this moment he is a 100% upgrade on Serge, and would be the perfect compliment to RSess on the other side.

He's twice the player Kyle Walker was at the same age, and not nearly as fuken stoopid.

I would make this kid the #1 priority next signing.

Nobody's doubting the kids potential but if we want to upgrade we need to be looking for somebody better. If we were to sign him i'd view him as one for the future.

Nobody's doubting the kids potential but if we want to upgrade we need to be looking for somebody better. If we were to sign him i'd view him as one for the future.

There is no way we can afford an 'upgrade' unless we're dealing with an end of contract player or an older player.

Looking at the players we are being linked to at RB, Aarons is by far my choice. Castagne and Celik don't look better than Serge AND they don't have EPL experience. What will work against Aarons in Jose's opinion is his weakness in aerial duels. Mourinho will basically want an old style full back like Corluka.