Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 139 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

I think we should wait a while before getting carried away.....LoCo seems to have recurring injury problems and looking at the way he walks they could be hip problems...in any event we can’t count on him too much at the moment...

ND has improved but his not at the dominating MF level yet, Bale may well spend time on the treatment table and the CB pairing remains unsolved.....PEH looks reasonable but nothing more.

If everyone is fit and playing to their potential then sure it looks good but let’s give them some time before expecting too much...bear in mind we haven’t looked good against high pressing teams yet which seems to be the norm for 5he better teams these days.

The squad looks balanced for now. I'd worry most if Hojberg got injured as we seem to be covered everywhere else. I'm looking forward to some of the battles for shirts, whilst acknowledging we have so many fixtures it will be easy for Jose to disguise his best team.

It will also be interesting to see how Sess, Skipp, Parrott etc do out on loan.

Another little factoid, but 15 of our squad have contract expiration in 2024 and 2025. There's 4 in 2023 and and 6 in 2022 including all 4 keepers. With only Rose and the loanees expiring at the end of this season, that's probably the best shape we've been in with regards to holding our player valuations.

The squad looks balanced for now. I'd worry most if Hojberg got injured as we seem to be covered everywhere else. I'm looking forward to some of the battles for shirts, whilst acknowledging we have so many fixtures it will be easy for Jose to disguise his best team.

It will also be interesting to see how Sess, Skipp, Parrott etc do out on loan.

Another little factoid, but 15 of our squad have contract expiration in 2024 and 2025. There's 4 in 2023 and and 6 in 2022 including all 4 keepers. With only Rose and the loanees expiring at the end of this season, that's probably the best shape we've been in with regards to holding our player valuations.

Good info. Thanks. Well balanced contract management.

From our previous signings I cant say I'm that impressed with them. Bergwijn, Gedson, Sessegnon, Loco, Ndombele and Clarke. Loco has been ok but seems injury prone and Ndombele still isnt fit.
Let's hope this new crop fare better.