Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 61 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Can anyone else confirm if they are also hearing about the rumours of a loan move being looked at for Ndombele? No idea where.

There is no way we can afford an 'upgrade' unless we're dealing with an end of contract player or an older player.

Looking at the players we are being linked to at RB, Aarons is by far my choice. Castagne and Celik don't look better than Serge AND they don't have EPL experience. What will work against Aarons in Jose's opinion is his weakness in aerial duels. Mourinho will basically want an old style full back like Corluka.

If we are looking for a Corluka then we might as well give Foyth an extended run at RB. He's put in a couple of really mature performances in the international side against good players at RB. He won't be marauding, but will be defensively sound under Jose's coaching..

Unlike some, I don't want Aurier to leave yet. I'd be happy to add Aarons and let them slug it out. That way we never have to change tactics and can rotate. RB is a tough gig if you're owning the entire right side. Aurier doesn't as he makes less effort getting back unlike Walker who was immense at getting back. Aarons has the engine and brain to do both.

Can anyone else confirm if they are also hearing about the rumours of a loan move being looked at for Ndombele? No idea where.

The amount it costs to loan a top quality player now, I can see the logic. Get £10m fee plus wages paid and that is £20m in our pocket and we can still sell the player in a year's time.

I hope he stays though.

There is no way we can afford an 'upgrade' unless we're dealing with an end of contract player or an older player.

Looking at the players we are being linked to at RB, Aarons is by far my choice. Castagne and Celik don't look better than Serge AND they don't have EPL experience. What will work against Aarons in Jose's opinion is his weakness in aerial duels. Mourinho will basically want an old style full back like Corluka.

Looking at how we setup asymmetrically heavy right w Serge being as much of a wing back as anything, and based on Jose's comments on how he wants this Spurs team to play, then Aarons (who is better than Serge right now this second, in every facet of the game) looks like a prototype.

Get the same option working on the left w RSess and we will be in business.

Looking at how we setup asymmetrically heavy right w Serge being as much of a wing back as anything, and based on Jose's comments on how he wants this Spurs team to play, then Aarons (who is better than Serge right now this second, in every facet of the game) looks like a prototype.

Get the same option working on the left w RSess and we will be in business.

If it was the old Poch, you just know it would be those 2 flying full-backs with Hojberg, Dele, Ndombele, Gio, Son and Kane in the same eleven. It would be a high press and >60% possession.

With Jose, he'll have his own way of setting this team up, but even in last season's lopsided formation, Aarons would have given so much more in my opinion. I lost count of the poorly executed crosses and have major challenges seeing a full-back walking back as the ball hits our net.

Nope, just saying that these were all targets identified sometime ago, Jose just happens to agree with them!

What we see from now will be telling and could possibly then be described as "Jose's picks'..

If he okayed the signings that's good enough for me.

Besides they were all well known players so I think most managers would have okayed the signings.

Celik will get sent off every week over here. He is nuts. lol

If we are looking for a Corluka then we might as well give Foyth an extended run at RB. He's put in a couple of really mature performances in the international side against good players at RB. He won't be marauding, but will be defensively sound under Jose's coaching..

Unlike some, I don't want Aurier to leave yet. I'd be happy to add Aarons and let them slug it out. That way we never have to change tactics and can rotate. RB is a tough gig if you're owning the entire right side. Aurier doesn't as he makes less effort getting back unlike Walker who was immense at getting back. Aarons has the engine and brain to do both.
If only we could get the Aurier Brain to work , the football part is ok , it’s the brain that lets him and us , down .,

Having Tanga back will be a major boost .

Brains and an engine against a poor brain and a lazy engine, there is nothing to slug out. Aurier isn't good enough, and he's had two years to show us; otherwise, we need to stop hanging around and upgrade.

Last edited:
If only we could get the Aurier Brain to work , the football part is ok , it’s the brain that lets him and us , down .,

When you look closely, there is definitely a technique issue as well. I can't put my finger on it, but there is so many mis-kicks in his game. At times, it's pot luck whether the ball goes where he intends it and any heavily spinning ball coming at him and it's 50:50 whether he gets it under. Walker wasn't all finesse either but he was streets ahead of Aurier.

I've always questioned Aurier's natural talent and his football brain is often found wanting.

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Sheffield united for 20m. You would imagine that that means Henderson is going back to Manchester too. Can't say I've been overly impressed the few times I've watched Ramsdale so it looks like Sheffield will be a weaker side next year which is good news in terms of qualifying for Europe(not that I can see them repeating last year's showing).

I wonder what impact that might have on our potential move for Wilson. At what point do Bournemouth put the price up since they have made so much from sales already. Given his reported high salary maybe they need to get rid of him anyway but we've been on the losing side of this sort of situation before.

Maybe with the Dane and N'dom hopefully doing more Serge will kerb his enthusiasm in getting stuck out of position. Looks like Rose is back in training on Monday.

I've been having a rethink regarding Lingard. If it mean't replacing Lamela who is always broken & it lightened the load for Alli, it could be viewed as a good bit of business all round. Jose had a good relationship with the lad during their spell together.