Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 58 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

If we announce PEH today I will be happy.
Teams need this sort of player that allow others to shine We have needed a DM for a long time. Someone that can breakup an attack and shield the defence. Someone who is happy to stay behind the half way line. The DM will also cover if the full backs bomb forward to join the attack. It is a very underated role but ultimately one of the most important. If Jose can get PEH playing the Makelele or Matic role for us then PEH and Lo Celso could be a very effective Midfield duo for us.
Just my opinion of course.

Your not the only one. I think the same. I presume Jose does as well.

That can only be the Jose factor in terms of timescales.
If it was under the old regime Daniel would be telling Maureen to nip down the stationary shop to buy paper for the fax machine.

If it was under the old regime Daniel would be telling Maureen to nip down the stationary shop to buy paper for the fax machine.

Right now, we know we can start the season strong. I still worry about RB and obviously injuries to Lloris and Kane with no credible backups. We sort of have good cover elsewhere.

I hope we continue to be assertive and get that second signing in very soon.

1 done, 2 (striker, and RB) more minimum to go. Preferably another creative player too, but can't see that happening without some sales in midfield.

Glad we are getting things sorted early and getting youth players loaned out early too.

Slightly concerned that the deals for the 2 RBs we seem to be after will drag on. Lots of rumours about many different Lille and Norwich players which usually means playing the waiting game.

Right now, we know we can start the season strong. I still worry about RB and obviously injuries to Lloris and Kane with no credible backups. We sort of have good cover elsewhere.

I hope we continue to be assertive and get that second signing in very soon.
I'm still concerned with our defensive block. Much has been improved but there's still a lack of depth there. A new RB is obviously required if Serge leaves but i'd still prefer to see another CB brought in if we can manage it.

I'm still concerned with our defensive block. Much has been improved but there's still a lack of depth there. A new RB is obviously required if Serge leaves but i'd still prefer to see another CB brought in if we can manage it.

....And a new LB as well, Davies doesn't cut it for me, and Sess is better further forward. However good the signing of PEH is we don't need most of his time being used filling holes behind him.

Jose loves Davies lads, he ain't going anywhere. I won't be surprised if Serge and Ben are our number 1 full backs next season.

Looking at our best 11, RB and LB are the obvious weak links. Then I would say CB.

Hugo, Toby, Hojibjerg, Lo Celso, Dele, Son, Kane should be nailed on first 11 players next season as it stands. Still question marks in the remaining positions for me.

I don’t know how Dele is regarded as a nailed on first eleven player, when for three seasons so much about his game isn’t up to standard. There is something wrong about our club as we continue to reward failure.

FWIW don't be surprised if you hear Jose say at some point 'he wasn't my first choice'....we first approached his people over a year ago. Poch wanted him.

I don’t know how Dele is regarded as a nailed on first eleven player, when for three seasons so much about his game isn’t up to standard. There is something wrong about our club as we continue to reward failure.

He wouldn't be in my team Rich but Jose really rates him so we have to get used to it.

Like you I have wanted an AM in for a good 4 years. We just haven't delivered that guy.

Looks like Jose fancies Celik of Lille at RB. We'd be well stocked there with him and Tanganga. At CB i'd like to see us sign an experienced 30+. Someone who wont expect to play every week but has the quality needed when needed as I see Alderweireld, Dier or Sanchez playing most weeks.

Looks like Jose fancies Celik of Lille at RB. We'd be well stocked there with him and Tanganga. At CB i'd like to see us sign an experienced 30+. Someone who wont expect to play every week but has the quality needed when needed as I see Alderweireld, Dier or Sanchez playing most weeks.
What does that say for Foyth then. I imagine he'll be moved on in order to make way for further recruitments. There was hope he'd have the opportunity to stay & fight for his place but i'm now of the opinion that that ship has well & truly sailed.

I can’t disagree with the logic but if we were to be doing that why would we have let Vertonghen go?

What does that say for Foyth then. I imagine he'll be moved on in order to make way for further recruitments. There was hope he'd have the opportunity to stay & fight for his place but i'm now of the opinion that that ship has well & truly sailed.

personally i agree, i like Foyth but he wants to play and i dont think Jose can guarantee that

He isn't good enough at CB. Never got the hype to be honest.

I would have been intrigued to see him at RB or DM for a period of time though.