Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 31 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Good shout on Zakaria. He has a bit of Dembele about him too. He has 2 years left on his deal. He would probably cost a bit though.

Lamela can't be trusted mate. I have lost count the amount of times he has been injured when our other AM's have been out. Leaving us high and dry every season.

Yeah that's why I have never wrote about him before.We would be looking at 40 mill plus.

Can't argue with Erik's injury record .I am just saying that on form Ali is not as good as Erik

I think next season will be the season we truly get left behind. I really do think too many people see this summer as an opportunity to "fix the problems" but thanks to financial limitations any signings are are going to be nothing more than a roll of gaffer tape and the crossing of fingers.

I think next season will be the season we truly get left behind. I really do think too many people see this summer as an opportunity to "fix the problems" but thanks to financial limitations any signings are are going to be nothing more than a roll of gaffer tape and the crossing of fingers.

Isn't it something like 4-5 weeks between the FA Cup final and the 20/21 season kickoff? That probably implies less transfer activity than we all think.

As far as I'm concerned we can use this brief period to cut our losses on some players and perhaps manage to buy two and (hopefully) see the last three players Poch bought really make an impact - which if they do, could help transform our play and our outlook.

One striker, one Defensive Midfielder is the best I can hope for., and frankly if the rest really kick in, is all we need.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned we can use this brief period to cut our losses on some players and perhaps managed to buy two and (hopefully) see the last three players Poch bought really make an impact - which if they do, could help transform our play and our outlook.

One striker, one Defensive Midfielder is the best I can hope for., and frankly if the rest really kick in, is all we need.
We can't keep shooting ourselves in the feet. Kane or no Kane, we simply have to bring in another striker.

I'd be mightily shocked if we don't buy Hojbjerg. He looks nailed on to join us in the summer. Even so i don't expect us to spend big. A player swap & £££ perhaps.

Obviously with the pandemic wreaking havoc around the globe there'll be certain limitations on what we'll be capable of doing. That being said if we do very little, or god forbid nothing at all, it could be viewed by some as the time to go. That's a worse case scenario which we must avoid in order to remain competitive.

There are reports that we have bid for Gabriel Magalhaes and links to others centre backs like Robin Koch and Kim min Jae could be replacements for Vertonghen and Foyth

There are reports that we have bid for Gabriel Magalhaes and links to others centre backs like Robin Koch and Kim min Jae could be replacements for Vertonghen and Foyth
I also read those reports T, but are they just media pie in the sky bullshit as normal, probably, some interesting names there.

I also read those reports T, but are they just media pie in the sky bullshit as normal, probably, some interesting names there.
Could well be especially with the latter two although their reported fees are pretty low.

There might be more in the Magalhaes thing. It was reported earlier that Napoli had agreed a deal then later that we would stage a late bid for him and over the last few days reports of our bid that is higher than Napoli's? Also a player our coaching staff know

As far as I'm concerned we can use this brief period to cut our losses on some players and perhaps manage to buy two and (hopefully) see the last three players Poch bought really make an impact - which if they do, could help transform our play and our outlook.

I don't for one second see Levy "cutting any losses". It is extremely unlikely that he would sell anybody for less than we paid. We are showing where we stand with how many free agents we have been sounding out.

I don't for one second see Levy "cutting any losses". It is extremely unlikely that he would sell anybody for less than we paid. We are showing where we stand with how many free agents we have been sounding out.

Well, I can confirm we've made contact with Southampton.

The players we keep getting linked with are all second rate.Thiago Silva once great but now to old.Hojbjerg.Sanchez is also to old and past his best.Now Lucas Vazquez a bit part player who on his best day is just decent.Although in Windows before we have not been very successful we never went out and brought players who were good for one season at the most.Or players that will not improve us.Lucas is know better than what we have the same can be said about Hojbjerg.

Last edited: