Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 33 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

The only bright light this season from our GK's and defenders has been Tanganga. That tells you how poor the rest have been.

I think Jose simplifying the kicking expectations of the keeper has been another plus point. Lloris is starting to look better again and at 33 his reflexes and handling have been exceptional recently. Rather than worry about him, I'm back to worrying about him getting injured and watching the other clowns like Gazza having to deputise.

Also hoping that Cirkin can join Tanganga, and get involved with the 1st team squad.

Been watching Kurt Zouma since we've been linked with him and he actually looks like a good centre back and quite possibly what we need

Been watching Kurt Zouma since we've been linked with him and he actually looks like a good centre back and quite possibly what we need

Jose just essentially signed a new CB in moving Dier there permanently. Toby has extended, so the depth is Toby/Dier/Snchz/Davies/Tanganga.

Hard pressed to beleive that any real amount of $$$ will be spent on this position. Like barely anything, if anything.

Now, if Zouma could be the rampaging attacker Jose appears to want at RB.... Well then....

Jose just essentially signed a new CB in moving Dier there permanently. Toby has extended, so the depth is Toby/Dier/Snchz/Davies/Tanganga.

Hard pressed to beleive that any real amount of $$$ will be spent on this position. Like barely anything, if anything.

Now, if Zouma could be the rampaging attacker Jose appears to want at RB.... Well then....

Tanganga aside possibly, that defence has proven to be awful this season if we don't make changes it's likely to be the same story next. Hopefully we'll sell Dier and bring in a proper centre back u

Tanganga aside possibly, that defence has proven to be awful this season if we don't make changes it's likely to be the same story next. Hopefully we'll sell Dier and bring in a proper centre back u

We are not going anywhere with these CB options. Toby, Jan are past their best, Dier and Sanchez are average CB's.

The only bright light is Tanganga but we don't even know where his best position is.

Just because we have options doesn't mean we are set.

Jose on Kyle Walker-Peters' Southampton loan spell
He's a kid that everyone loves here and Daniel Levy has a special feeling for here. He came here so young, a kid who has been here for years and years. He's playing well."​

We are not going anywhere with these CB options. Toby, Jan are past their best, Dier and Sanchez are average CB's.

The only bright light is Tanganga but we don't even know where his best position is.

I'm sensing Dier will be better than you make out at centre half, but can't be sure. It's early days since his transition into the back line and he's also on the left. Is that his right position at centre half. I'm very disappointed with Sanchez though. He is just not getting to that new level even though he plays a lot.

I still think Sanchez is potentially a very good CB. He's just turned 24 and has gained quite a bit of experience in the league. I'm sure Jose could take him to the next level.

Agree though with Jan & Toby on their way out we need another option.

Sanchez still has much to learn but he is getting there. Not so long ago he would've been bossed by any one of a large number of burly CFs. He's toughened up a bit & is strong in the tackle & competent with the ball at his feet. My only worry is he's not that great in the air for a big lad.

Sanchez still has much to learn but he is getting there. Not so long ago he would've been bossed by any one of a large number of burly CFs. He's toughened up a bit & is strong in the tackle & competent with the ball at his feet. My only worry is he's not that great in the air for a big lad.

Work needs doing on his distribution which is usually a sideways ball which is safety first as when he tries something different it is a now bit panicky is it not?

When he first came I recall he liked to drive forward with the ball out of defence but both Poch and latterly Jose have trained that attacking instinct out of the lad unfortunately, and it has obviously affected his natural instinct and flair and made him nervous and less confident IMO.

Work needs doing on his distribution which is usually a sideways ball which is safety first as when he tries something different it is a now bit panicky is it not?

When he first came I recall he liked to drive forward with the ball out of defence but both Poch and latterly Jose have trained that attacking instinct out of the lad unfortunately, and it has obviously affected his natural instinct and flair and made him nervous and less confident IMO.
Tbf we do have better distributors of the ball in Toby & Vert, although their time is coming to an end, well for one of them anyway. Ball to feet i agree, i think he's really good.

Still worry about his aerial ability however now that Dier will be sitting it out for the next few weeks.

Just had a call from a cousin who asked me about another rumour circulating....apparently a deal with Napoli is on for Striker Arkadiusz Milik, included is Moura going the other way, anybody know out about this.

How is Sanchez competent on the ball when he treats it like a hot potato. Playing against him, you would encourage him to have it and wait to seize on his mistakes. Across our backline, we have a full house of tosh distribution.

How is Sanchez competent on the ball when he treats it like a hot potato. Playing against him, you would encourage him to have it and wait to seize on his mistakes. Across our backline, we have a full house of tosh distribution.
Lloris has poor distribution, that's always been the case & Davis looks rather clumsy at times. He's always keen to keep things neat & tidy but when under pressure he loses possession far too often for my liking.

Toby & Vert aren't getting much playing time nowadays but both are generally pretty good when it comes to their distribution.

Davinson's generally pretty good. Obviously he doesn't compare to his seniors but that's to be expected with the lack of playing time he's received.

We all know what Aurier is capable of (well in an attacking sense anyway, less said about his defensive lapses the better).

It doesn't make for great reading does it, but i'd be concerned about a number of others before pointing the finger at Sanchez.

We really ought to prioritize the signings of a defensive mid & a right back this summer. Anything else would be deemed as a bonus.

Yeah i agree with this. These are 100% the most important positions we need to address but a second striker is up there too.

Names are starting to pop up in rumours, like Ikone from Lille and Kabak from Shalke. Neither are exactly what we need but shows that the club is still putting efforts into young players with potential.

Defensively we have some questions to be answered. How ready is Cirkin? What position is Sessegnon being prepared for? Where does Jose see Tanganga lining up? Is Foyth even in Jose's plans?

We all know what Aurier is capable of (well in an attacking sense anyway, less said about his defensive lapses the better).

I'm not understanding this perception that Aurier offers us anything in an attacking sense. At a push he might get some points for pushing the opposition back and keeping them away form our goal. He also stretches play by staying wide. Quite frankly Mo Farah in a Spurs shirt could do that.

I often think how many assists 20 year old Max Aarons would have had with the luxury position that Aurier is afforded in our side this season. I remember fans writing that Aarons wasn't ready for Spurs level, then we have Aurier installed as RB all season. Oh, the irony !!!

I'm not understanding this perception that Aurier offers us anything in an attacking sense. At a push he might get some points for pushing the opposition back and keeping them away form our goal. He also stretches play by staying wide. Quite frankly Mo Farah in a Spurs shirt could do that.

I often think how many assists 20 year old Max Aarons would have had with the luxury position that Aurier is afforded in our side this season. I remember fans writing that Aarons wasn't ready for Spurs level, then we have Aurier installed as RB all season. Oh, the irony !!!

In his defence, he does have more assists in the PL this season than Walker, Pereira, Wan-Bissaka, Baldock and Doherty, who are all the RBs of teams currently above us in the table.

Aurier is a frustrating player to watch at times but give him credit where he deserves it. His crossing at times this season has been superb! Recently, not so much. He's just sooo unpredictable both offensively and defensively.

In his defence, he does have more assists in the PL this season than Walker, Pereira, Wan-Bissaka, Baldock and Doherty, who are all the RBs of teams currently above us in the table.

Aurier is a frustrating player to watch at times but give him credit where he deserves it. His crossing at times this season has been superb! Recently, not so much. He's just sooo unpredictable both offensively and defensively.
Unfortunately I think he is very predictable in both roles...I must admit I was very surprised to read your stats on assists...I can’t really remember any but then his very predictable cock-ups in defence tend to stay longer in the memory and maybe count as assists.😈