Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 30 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

I have been watching Hojbjerg in games and I am not greatly impressed by him.I would still like to see Tungay and Giovanni play together in cm but that's doesn't look like it will happen.I just want a upgrade for Moussa but I am not sure about Hojbjerg.I suppose he is lesser risk than buying abroad.

He'd be a 'safe' buy, but I don't think he'd improve us; allegedly we are not his first choice and Everton are!

I have been watching Hojbjerg in games and I am not greatly impressed by him.I would still like to see Tungay and Giovanni play together in cm but that's doesn't look like it will happen.I just want a upgrade for Moussa but I am not sure about Hojbjerg.I suppose he is lesser risk than buying abroad.

There are more pressing upgrades needed in our starting 11 than Moussa Sissoko.

What is interesting about Jose's job is that he has the "improve 1st team" vs "improve the squad" dilemma going on.

We've all seen the massive negative impacts of losing Lloris and Kane this last season. We have no other keeper befitting of a Prem standard, whilst tactically Jose needs a target man. Solving those 2 issues is obviously a must for Jose, especially as Kane could walk at some stage.

Then you look at the 1st team and most people would say midfield destroyer and RB as the 2 priorities. Jose is at least getting something out of Aurier, but we all know his limitations. What also bugs me is that he's been afforded a luxury attacking role in the team and he's not actually that good on the ball.

It's not as if we're going to get Donnarumma, Semedo, Neves and Werner though in this currently climate.

I'd settle for Ramsdale, Aarons/Ferguson, Godfrey and Edouard right now.

Can't totally agree. He's had muscular injuries in 2020 and hits his 31dt b'day in August. I see where you're coming from but we need to look beyond Sissoko whilst hoping he can still contribute for a while longer.

Whilst a limited footballer, he's a great pro.

Age is just a number Muttley; we have players five/six years younger who struggle to give us the commitment, contribution and athleticism Sissoko does. As for limitations, few compare to Aurier & Alli...

Agree, always thought that he looked like A skilful DMidfielder all over and if we'd committed him to that role, he could have (by now) really learned to cut out the rash moments and truly show what I think he's capable of.

Sadly between his injuries and our (Poch's) misuse of him he's clearly now not going to make it with us - but I'd lay money on him going abroad and showing what he can do and then eventually getting a big move.

I just think he is better suited abroad. He is way to weak for our league. Plus he needs time on the ball which doesn't really happen here.

We will never replace Dembele mate. A rare breed just like King was.

There are not many top notch DM's around.

Muttley has it right about Ndidi. Sadly he will cost a load of money we just won't have.

If we can't sign a DM if I were Jose I would do whatever it takes to get Ndombele to stay. Work on a trio of Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dele.

Then work with Son, Bergy and Kane as the front 3.

Gosh it’s a while since I put finger to iPad....
CAN WE REALLY EXPECT to spend a lot on players after the club has taken a large hit on income during lockdown?
While I would like to see a couple come in, I can’t really see it happening.
Also, don’t we have some useful players out on loan, like our striker on loan at Leeds?

Gosh it’s a while since I put finger to iPad....
CAN WE REALLY EXPECT to spend a lot on players after the club has taken a large hit on income during lockdown?
While I would like to see a couple come in, I can’t really see it happening.
Also, don’t we have some useful players out on loan, like our striker on loan at Leeds?

That is the million dollar question.

I don't even have a clue whether other clubs will buy our unwanted players to raise a transfer kitty. Does any club have any money?

We will never replace Dembele mate. A rare breed just like King was.

There are not many top notch DM's around.

Muttley has it right about Ndidi. Sadly he will cost a load of money we just won't have.

If we can't sign a DM if I were Jose I would do whatever it takes to get Ndombele to stay. Work on a trio of Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dele.

I agree can't replace Dembele in CDM.Ndidi would be the first choice 2nd would be Denis Zakaria.I have seen him a few times on since I got told to watch him.
I would like to see Giovanni and Tungay given a run but not with Dele he has been very poor for nearly 18months but is still given chance after chance.Erik has shown in s game and a bit he is a better option at the moment.He won't get a run through because like Son and Kane Dele seems untouchable

I hope this link is rubbish we are getting linke with Alexis Sanchez.That would be a joke.We have better at the club.Its the same as Thiago Silva.We have 2 top 30 plus defenders at the club just give Jan a extension and keep Toby

I agree can't replace Dembele in CDM.Ndidi would be the first choice 2nd would be Denis Zakaria.I have seen him a few times on since I got told to watch him.
I would like to see Giovanni and Tungay given a run but not with Dele he has been very poor for nearly 18months but is still given chance after chance.Erik has shown in s game and a bit he is a better option at the moment.He won't get a run through because like Son and Kane Dele seems untouchable

Alli should have been history over two years ago, and an upgrade bought in, with the current conversation along the lines of I told you so. His play shows so many visible pointers of reliance on one aspect of the skill, with that taken away he offers almost nothing. But we continue to stand by and watch. The time for being proactive instead of reactive passed a long time ago. So, we are now left with a sub-standard player, that our bewitched manager feels is first choice, but no one would touch with a 10ft barge pole.

Good shout on Zakaria. He has a bit of Dembele about him too. He has 2 years left on his deal. He would probably cost a bit though.

Lamela can't be trusted mate. I have lost count the amount of times he has been injured when our other AM's have been out. Leaving us high and dry every season.

Good shout on Zakaria. He has a bit of Dembele about him too. He has 2 years left on his deal. He would probably cost a bit though.

Lamela can't be trusted mate. I have lost count the amount of times he has been injured when our other AM's have been out. Leaving us high and dry every season.
Lamela's form has been pretty decent of late. I agree entirely that he cannot be part of any longer or even medium term planning, but when he is fit it's worth getting as much as possible out of him. He's probably worth a starting place in the current squad, certainly ahead of Alli. Dele is increasingly frustrating. He looked pretty confident on the ball in his most recent outing, but his output for too long in terms of goals or assists just isn't good enough. Jose doesn't seem ready to be giving too much game time to Gedson as yet.

The other name I got excited about was Boubakary Soumare when we first got Sacramento from Lille and got linked with their sporting director Luis Campos. Perhaps not as deep lying as Zakaria, but seemed another future superstar.

As Klopp has taught everyone, you can never have enough centre mids if you want to win titles. It's about keeping everyone fresh by rotating. It's also about not having to change tactics when you do it. Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Hendo, Milner, Keita, Ox, Lallana etc are no world beaters individually, but working in two's and three's are formidable. They hound you all game and when one gets tired another takes over immediately from the bench.

Our offense is looking particularly good with Alli, Lamela & Moura also available. I fail to remember when we ever had it so good.

Our MF trio has to include Sissoko. His engine & physicality would no doubt be sorely missed.

Yeah Zakaria could be a great signing but would be quite expensive, it is a key area which we need to address so maybe we would be willing to spend?

Another similar option could be Ibrahim Sangare who attractively also looks quite technical. He is also in the last year of his contract.

The other name I got excited about was Boubakary Soumare when we first got Sacramento from Lille and got linked with their sporting director Luis Campos. Perhaps not as deep lying as Zakaria, but seemed another future superstar.

As Klopp has taught everyone, you can never have enough centre mids if you want to win titles. It's about keeping everyone fresh by rotating. It's also about not having to change tactics when you do it. Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Hendo, Milner, Keita, Ox, Lallana etc are no world beaters individually, but working in two's and three's are formidable. They hound you all game and when one gets tired another takes over immediately from the bench.

But they do have the best GK, RB, CB, LB and probably front 3 in the league. That helps. ;)