Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 29 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

I wonder if Parrott will be able to step up this season after he recovers from his appendix operation? He's a year older now from when the discussions first started about him being ready for the first team squad.

I was looking at the photos of the Under 18's squad on the Spurs website the other day and it was noticeable that every player had a fairly boyish, grinning facial expression (as you would expect from teenagers). All except Parrott that is. He's got a real steely, confident look, the sort of look that says I know I'm one of the best.

I wonder if Parrott will be able to step up this season after he recovers from his appendix operation? He's a year older now from when the discussions first started about him being ready for the first team squad.

I was looking at the photos of the Under 18's squad on the Spurs website the other day and it was noticeable that every player had a fairly boyish, grinning facial expression (as you would expect from teenagers). All except Parrott that is. He's got a real steely, confident look, the sort of look that says I know I'm one of the best.
No chance in the short term. Mourinho seldom gives opportunity to youngsters, and he's already expressed a fair amount of indifference regarding Parrott,
Harry Kane had to put in a lot of hard yards out on loan before breaking through for Spurs, and I don't expect that Parrott will be any different.

No chance in the short term. Mourinho seldom gives opportunity to youngsters, and he's already expressed a fair amount of indifference regarding Parrott,
Harry Kane had to put in a lot of hard yards out on loan before breaking through for Spurs, and I don't expect that Parrott will be any different.

An interesting question is....is Parrott more advanced than Kane was at 18 years old ?

I reckon a CD is paramount over the summer. Jan is almost certain to leave & Toby's now the wrong side of 30. Have we ample cover or do we still lack depth?

Looks like we are looking forward to Toby/Dier/Snchz/Davies/Tanganga as a CB rotation.

Be real surprised if any real $$$ effort is made here this Summer. The link to Ferguson is inviting. Our outside channels appear much more pressing.

If we cant buy, who have we got potentially for those positions from within. ? It seems almost like Jose doesn't really play with a RB now, more of a winger. It's a back 3 when we have the ball with that winger dropping back without. That can be reversed on to the left if Sess plays and the RB stays back.
We have a young 200 m sprint champion who is emerging as a RB I think, KWP and Tanganga plus George Marsh who also plays as a DM. On the left we have Sess, Cirkin and Harvey White all pushing for a place, White can also play MF.
As a DM we have Marsh, Skipp, Sissoko and Winks plus Dier if need be.
At striker we only really have Parrott emerging although there are a few others including Jack Roles.

Those DM options are shocking mate. What the hell are we going to achieve with that? lol

I think a minimum this summer we need a RB and DM.

Would be interesting to see the free transfer list.

I can't see him making the grade. I hope I'm wrong.

We need to sign that master of a DM, who wins, controls, takes no prisoners, it for me is the most important position that needs filling, if we only signed that player I think I could live with that.

Must admit, the transfer window is still a mystery to me. Partially, because I cannot predict which youngsters emerge into the setup and cover squad places, let alone the budget scenario. Our 2 biggest squad gaps are for Lloris and Kane. There is just nobody comparable or adequate in the squad to cover their positions. With the rest, we sort of shuffle things around and make something work.

When those 2 are fit and firing, our biggest 1st team gap is a beast in midfield knitting it all together. We need our own version of Ndidi that makes the players around him look amazing. Hojberg is perhaps favourite. I'm wondering whether Ben Godfrey is an even better option. Somewhat under the radar at the moment, but to me looks like he could end up an elite midfield enforcer, and a very adequate centre half cover. He just seems to instinctively read the game defensively.

The other thought is how many of our extended squad can we shift to create space for the real academy gems? I'm guessing Sterling, CCV, Amos, Roles, Georgiou. Shashoua, Tracey etc need to get moved on along with Vertonghen, Vorm, Rose and KWP. That's a big ask in a short transfer window.

We need to sign that master of a DM, who wins, controls, takes no prisoners, it for me is the most important position that needs filling, if we only signed that player I think I could live with that.

I've said it a million times, Toby could be that player and more. Deep passing over the top from there would be fun to watch.

Winks, Skipp, Sissoko, Gedson, Marsh, options all if given the specific task. Seems like a more versatile, and asymmetrical setup on the pitch, so not sure a rigid DM is even a thing.

I've said it a million times, Toby could be that player and more. Deep passing over the top from there would be fun to watch.

Winks, Skipp, Sissoko, Gedson, Marsh, options all if given the specific task. Seems like a more versatile, and asymmetrical setup on the pitch, so not sure a rigid DM is even a thing.

Gedson perhaps with some coaching to pick when and when not to go with his natural free spirit. I think Winks is nearing his peak and will always be a useful squad player but needs to find one more gear.

I'm less sure about the other 3. I don't see the x-factor in Skipp and Marsh, but clearly they've been coached a certain way and can look good. Sissoko will do a short term job if he shows more discipline and accepts the role.

Ndidi and Fabinho have perhaps been the 2 benchmarks in the league this season. Neves and Rodi have also done well. Fred has shown his dynamism as well with the younger McTominay.

Know anything about Bowden? Can he get involved with the 1st team setup next season?

Looks like we are looking forward to Toby/Dier/Snchz/Davies/Tanganga as a CB rotation.

Be real surprised if any real $$$ effort is made here this Summer. The link to Ferguson is inviting. Our outside channels appear much more pressing.
Could be something in that but i thought that trail had run cold.

he's too slow now, he perhaps could have done once, but not anymore, he'd be too easily bypassed.

he's too slow now, he perhaps could have done once, but not anymore, he'd be too easily bypassed.
I'd prefer to see Foyth tried out there. With defenders behind him they can cover some of his rash moments, similar to the Dier of a few years ago. But given the midfield issues we've been having for at least a year we probably would have seen him played there by now if he was ever going to be.

I'd prefer to see Foyth tried out there. With defenders behind him they can cover some of his rash moments, similar to the Dier of a few years ago. But given the midfield issues we've been having for at least a year we probably would have seen him played there by now if he was ever going to be.

Agree, always thought that he looked like A skilful DMidfielder all over and if we'd committed him to that role, he could have (by now) really learned to cut out the rash moments and truly show what I think he's capable of.

Sadly between his injuries and our (Poch's) misuse of him he's clearly now not going to make it with us - but I'd lay money on him going abroad and showing what he can do and then eventually getting a big move.

I have been watching Hojbjerg in games and I am not greatly impressed by him.I would still like to see Tungay and Giovanni play together in cm but that's doesn't look like it will happen.I just want a upgrade for Moussa but I am not sure about Hojbjerg.I suppose he is lesser risk than buying abroad.