Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 28 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Looks like Thomas Meunier is signing for Borussia Dortmund on a free. Apparently Jose had spoken to him to persuade him to join us but it looks like he's chosen BVB. Aurier could be here for a while yet......

Well it's almost certain N'Dombele is on his way unless there can be some sort of make-up between him and Jose - which I seriously doubt, so it's my guess that whatever Jose conjures up for his excess players is what he'll have to spend..

At least it means some of the speculations about players we might get will be a bit more interesting now.

I wonder how much of a loss we'll have to take on N'dombele?

Well it's almost certain N'Dombele is on his way unless there can be some sort of make-up between him and Jose - which I seriously doubt, so it's my guess that whatever Jose conjures up for his excess players is what he'll have to spend..

At least it means some of the speculations about players we might get will be a bit more interesting now.

I wonder how much of a loss we'll have to take on N'dombele?

Anything with Ndomb is likely to be a loan, maybe a loan-swap. Doesn't seem the manager has yet cemented the long-term backing of The Levy. Might want to be able to bring Ndomb back to play under a different Boss. Wouldn't that be awesome.

Webster definition of: clusterfuck

That's what this is.

If I'm Levy and Jose then I'm telling the player and his agent that we're not selling for less than we paid for him if he wants to go this summer. He signed a long term contract and we just tell them we think we will get more for him at the end of next season versus this one. If not, the season after. We should also tell him that our preference is for him to stay at the club and show everyone what he's capable of.

If he really wants to go, then tell his agent to find a loan deal that pockets is minimum £20m loan fee for next season. This is not another Eriksen situation. The player signed a long deal and we hold the cards.

Let's make sure we behave like a big club on this one.

If I'm Levy and Jose then I'm telling the player and his agent that we're not selling for less than we paid for him if he wants to go this summer. He signed a long term contract and we just tell them we think we will get more for him at the end of next season versus this one. If not, the season after. We should also tell him that our preference is for him to stay at the club and show everyone what he's capable of.

If he really wants to go, then tell his agent to find a loan deal that pockets is minimum £20m loan fee for next season. This is not another Eriksen situation. The player signed a long deal and we hold the cards.

Let's make sure we behave like a big club on this one.

How do we know he will ever perform in the PL. Or be mentally or physically in the shape to do so ? If he turns out shite we dont hold any cards. Right now it could be seen as a bad fit problem with another league being better for him. A year down the line he could have no credibility at all.
If we take a 20 mil hit on his selling price, its effectively 10 by saving 10.4 mil in wages.

How do we know he will ever perform in the PL. Or be mentally or physically in the shape to do so ? If he turns out shite we dont hold any cards. Right now it could be seen as a bad fit problem with another league being better for him. A year down the line he could have no credibility at all.
If we take a 20 mil hit on his selling price, its effectively 10 by saving 10.4 mil in wages.
If we sell him we need to replace him. That's another transfer fee and more wages. I doubt very much if other clubs will be taking a hit on their players. We can't just write off £20m.

We are again being linked with Thiago Silva.This would not surprise me under Jose but I would hope levy put a stop to this.Especially at the at the cost of Toby.Silva is 33 now and definitely not the type of signing we need

A season long loan swap involving Ndombele and Coutinho could suit both ourselves and Barca. Imagine Coutinho and Lo Celso in front of a strong holding midfieler, Son on one side, Bergwijn on the other. Harry up top. I like the look of that.

Im failing to see the need to sign a centre half this summer. Dier and Sanchez are looking good, we also have Alderweireld who will come back in. If we are playing Tanganga at CB aswell next season we are fully stocked. Unless Jose plans on using Tanganga, who he clearly likes, at RB, then we need another CB.

Im failing to see the need to sign a centre half this summer. Dier and Sanchez are looking good, we also have Alderweireld who will come back in. If we are playing Tanganga at CB aswell next season we are fully stocked. Unless Jose plans on using Tanganga, who he clearly likes, at RB, then we need another CB.
I'm pretty sure that Sanchez and Tanganga are viewed as a long term, high potential CB pairing. With Dier and Alderweireld also available, CB is the least of our problems. Dier has been looking pretty decent playing in a CB role recently, and will always be a CB option. I think however that Jose sees him as his fallback utility player, he rates him highly whereby when fit he will usually be in the team, but whether it be at RB, CB or DM will be very much dependent on the fitness level and form of others.

Am in agreement with you there, so for me 3 positions need to be filled, a RB, a will kick his granny DM and an CF, those 3 would do me and enhance the squad.

I definitely think we need a centre back or two hopefully ones that can use the ball as good as Alderweireld and Vertonghen used to and at least one that is dominant in the air and useful at set pieces in both boxes, which could add and save a few goals a season.

Right back is another definite and also a goalkeeper whether Lloris stays or goes it can't hurt to bring in his replacement this summer.

The midfielder signing looks like it's going to be Hojbjerg which I think could actually be a good signing, he's and tidy player and probably more solid than we have and importantly seems to have the leadership and mentality skills we're lacking.

The front 4 or so are good enough for the moment maybe a few minor squad tweaks like cover for Kane and a replacement for Lamela although at the moment he looks more useful than Alli

I definitely think we need a centre back or two hopefully ones that can use the ball as good as Alderweireld and Vertonghen used to and at least one that is dominant in the air and useful at set pieces in both boxes, which could add and save a few goals a season.

Right back is another definite and also a goalkeeper whether Lloris stays or goes it can't hurt to bring in his replacement this summer.

The midfielder signing looks like it's going to be Hojbjerg which I think could actually be a good signing, he's and tidy player and probably more solid than we have and importantly seems to have the leadership and mentality skills we're lacking.

The front 4 or so are good enough for the moment maybe a few minor squad tweaks like cover for Kane and a replacement for Lamela although at the moment he looks more useful than Alli

A good DM will solve most of those issues.

A right back and holding midfielder are key for me. A back up striker after those two positions.

If we cant buy, who have we got potentially for those positions from within. ? It seems almost like Jose doesn't really play with a RB now, more of a winger. It's a back 3 when we have the ball with that winger dropping back without. That can be reversed on to the left if Sess plays and the RB stays back.
We have a young 200 m sprint champion who is emerging as a RB I think, KWP and Tanganga plus George Marsh who also plays as a DM. On the left we have Sess, Cirkin and Harvey White all pushing for a place, White can also play MF.
As a DM we have Marsh, Skipp, Sissoko and Winks plus Dier if need be.
At striker we only really have Parrott emerging although there are a few others including Jack Roles.