Suella Braverman (n/g) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Suella Braverman (n/g)

There are no major negatives to leaving the EU.
Did you know that using the methods of the Uk contributions, we’d be liable for over £80 billion as contributions to the EU covid recovery funding.
Dodged a bullet there even though we paid them £9 billion last year due to May’s crappy leaving agreement.
Keep thinking that and stay happy;)

There are no major negatives to leaving the EU.
Did you know that using the methods of the Uk contributions, we’d be liable for over £80 billion as contributions to the EU covid recovery funding.
Dodged a bullet there even though we paid them £9 billion last year due to May’s crappy leaving agreement.
Hahaha, deluded.

My brother who was no fan of the EU, he has to trade in the EU (industrial cutting equipment) and he thinks it's a shambles.

Just accept it a shambles along with the Government we have. It was destined to be a failure because of the people leading it. Perhaps a Lexit would have been ok.

Just heard a representative of the farming community bemoaning our exit onRadio 4 this morning.

No we aren't. Jealous of NZ.
Don't be . NZ has a heap of problems of its own , some the same as UK some different.
On the other hand the sun is shining I've got a nice glass of Sav in my hand and err indoors is just about to come out with a nice ham sandwich. Life is good

Y
Don't be . NZ has a heap of problems of its own , some the same as UK some different.
On the other hand the sun is shining I've got a nice glass of Sav in my hand and err indoors is just about to come out with a nice ham sandwich. Life is good

We can only dream of good ham sandwiches in MN! But the lamb is good. Guess where it’s from!

They should have put someone like my Dad in front of the camera who could have explained the full implications on exports and imports.But it was all about migration that too was always going to fail if anyone knew anything about how it works.I said before Brexit it was replacing legal migration which brings in revenue with illegal migration that cost the tax payer.

Ken Clarke put it best "we brought a spoon to a knife fight"

Cameron was so scared of dividing the tori party he neutered the remain campaign. Anyway after he won the referendum it was all sunny upla.............sorry after he lost the campaign but stayed on to see brexit throu............nope one more go, and the tori party came together and lived happily ever after singing the hokey cokey all the way to the 2024 election. Got there in the end.

Hahaha, deluded.

My brother who was no fan of the EU, he has to trade in the EU (industrial cutting equipment) and he thinks it's a shambles.
That's the point though, isn't it?

Some of the EU system was good for us. Some of it was terrible and didn't suit us. But their core principle is that you can not "cherry pick" and the more countries that joined, the more the influence of, and objections from, one nation was watered down.

The overwhelming majority of World nations are not in a economic union, let alone an increasingly political one, so leaving was never going to be a triumph or a disaster. On balance, there was no reason to stay and pay our subs while leaving our gates open for an increasingly questionable return.

What was beyond question is that the combination of 27 nations export far more to us than we export to that same combination so we are their ready made market, while the opposite does not apply.

That's the point though, isn't it?

Some of the EU system was good for us. Some of it was terrible and didn't suit us. But their core principle is that you can not "cherry pick" and the more countries that joined, the more the influence of, and objections from, one nation was watered down.

The problem with that argument, is that we HAD cherry picked the best bits.

We didn't have schengen, we could send people home, we did have a veto....

People were just lied to about it

The problem with that argument, is that we HAD cherry picked the best bits.
We didn't have schengen, we could send people home, we did have a veto....
People were just lied to about it

Just an example at around the time of the referendum:
"politicians* in the European parliament are likely to push back against Cameron’s proposals, as Martin Schulz, the German social democrat president of the European parliament, has indicated."

And the rigid rules around the circumstances by which we could deport EU citizens were so easily got around as to be inconsequential.

We really should have had the referendum at the end of Jacques Delors' presidency as he had already made it a political shitshow.

*Why are they referred to as politicians in what was originally meant to be an economic market union? Gives it away, really.

Last edited:
We joined The Common Market.
We left The European Union.
Numerous treaty changes in between that the voters were not consulted on.
The first time that the voters were given a voice since joining, they narrowly voted to leave.
That’s now consigned to history.
It’s the future that matters.

Maybe, at some point in the future, a political party will stand on a campaign of joining the Eu again.
If they win, we go back in.
That’s democracy.

We bolloxed the leaving. Went for a hard Brexit with maximum disruption for primarily ideological reasons -right wing nutters who are convinced the world is sinking and only by making the hole in the boat bigger can we be saved. Result, other exits off the agenda for quite some time. Had we gone softly -kept access and relinquished our role in decision-making, Europe a la carte with more states content to be on the fringe of the institution/community building might have followed -a diluted Europe getting the economic benefits without the political and military ambitions which remain a distraction in these dangerous times.

Interestingly, the Guardian reports today that opinion in the up and coming countries of the world rather assumes the EU will be a dead duck in the next decade or so. I think it will still be flopping around measuring its success by the number of invitations it gets and the number of agreed positions it manages to reach.