Suella Braverman (n/g) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Suella Braverman (n/g)

When you say the Tories were leaning more out than in, do you mean Voters, Members or MP's? You'd be right with the first two but 56% of the Conservative MP's supported remain, as did the leader of the Scottish Conservatives, and there were very few Brexit supporters at the higher end of the totem pole, which is partially how we ended up with May as PM.
You are right. I'm not sure how many on either side were as dedicated to their cause as they later became

My recollection is that many more Tory MPs were for Remain than Leave.
The four main players in the leave group were Johnson and Gove from the Conservatives and Stewart and Mann from Labour
Plus Farage et al who were unofficial.
As Her Majesty once said, recollections may vary 😉
The long standing tory outers were often in front of camera and microphoone: David Davies, John Redwood, IDS et al. Kate Hoey was and remains a strident voice .Many Remain tory MPs kept fairly quiet for a variety of reasons, those that didn't were booted out.

As to actual numbers townendgill is right about the 2015 situation. Events and sentiment changed that picture progressively thereafter.

As you don't believe in governments or the processes associated with them I think I'll side with Mr. Attrick on this one

You get a whoosh too, Breckland.

Shall we put them out of their misery, vambo? Or just let them continue to think you and I don't understand what the term "unelected" means...

Please do

Well I might have it wrong but I took vambo's, "Define unelected" comment (which was a direct reply to Waldo's, "What’s Tarian got to say about an ‘unelected’ politician holding one of the big offices of state?") to be a piss take of Tarian (because he often asks people to define terminology) and not really a request for someone, anyone, to actually give a definition of a term that I am fairly certain he already understood.

But maybe it's me who has misunderstood and has wrongly suggested that you and Breckland have been whooshed. To be sure we'll need vambo to clarify his meaning. But I wouldn't blame him if, for whatever reason, he chooses not to do so.

"I can assure the house I'm fully aware of the need for... members to be able to hold the government to account in this area – especially at the current time.

"I will do everything I can to ensure we are able to do so."

Sir Lindsay Hoyle - this afternoon. A man who tends to gets things done.
I assume that is a cruel piss take of Lindsay Hoyle. You cannot be serious. A Speaker so wet he needs wringing out. Oh for the days of Boothroyd or Bercow.

The Tories can hardly believe their luck having him let successive PM's get away with making an even greater mockery of PMQ's than it already was. Pathetic little comments after the event "telling off" the likes of Braverman for announcung policy outside the Commons..ooh, she was shit scared of him, NOT.

Well I might have it wrong but I took vambo's, "Define unelected" comment (which was a direct reply to Waldo's, "What’s Tarian got to say about an ‘unelected’ politician holding one of the big offices of state?") to be a piss take of Tarian (because he often asks people to define terminology) and not really a request for someone, anyone, to actually give a definition of a term that I am fairly certain he already understood.

But maybe it's me who has misunderstood and has wrongly suggested that you and Breckland have been whooshed. To be sure we'll need vambo to clarify his meaning. But I wouldn't blame him if, for whatever reason, he chooses not to do so.
Deffo whoosh. Top post by Vambo.

Apart from 3x6 I do also 'ignore' Tarian, not because of his views but because I can't cope with his 'reasoning'. It is obvious why he posts like that but I won't repeat it as I was slaughtered for pointing out the reason some years ago. He can't help it.

Btw, in case Tarian picks up on this, I did say 3x6 was the only person I still had on ignore. I meant in terms of 3x6's views. Tarian on ignore for a difgerent reason, basically what Vambo alluded to.
🙂

No one campaigned hard for Remain, sadly. Negligent.
They should have put someone like my Dad in front of the camera who could have explained the full implications on exports and imports.But it was all about migration that too was always going to fail if anyone knew anything about how it works.I said before Brexit it was replacing legal migration which brings in revenue with illegal migration that cost the tax payer.

Between the sitting PM, most of the cabinet basically, almost all of the opposing political parties, no one wanted it enough. Really!
It is no surprise it has fallen flat on it face when most of our politicians didn't have a clue what Brexit would mean . Even fewer percentage of the the voting public knew what it would mean for imports and exports.The real experts were people who had imported and exported goods before the EU single market.

Brexiteer ought to know what Brexit was all about and all the Brexit dividends flooding into the country.
Do you still have a minister for Brexit opportunities . He / she just be shouting from the rooftops how lucky you all are now you've left that awful non democratic EU.
At least in the winter you can keep warm next to the bonfire of red tape

Brexiteer ought to know what Brexit was all about and all the Brexit dividends flooding into the country.
Do you still have a minister for Brexit opportunities . He / she just be shouting from the rooftops how lucky you all are now you've left that awful non democratic EU.
At least in the winter you can keep warm next to the bonfire of red tape
We’re doing ok thanks.
Got a government yet? 😂

Yep. Sorry, bit late coming back to this.. What Bud said!*
*But I would say 'gentle mocking of Tarian's defence strategy' rather than pi$$ take.

Suella’s resignation-but-not-a-resignation-because-she-was-sacked letter reads beautifully.

Slating the failure to fulfil key promises but with the undertone of things like “never having a mandate” etc.

To see the former Home Secretary go for the jugular at the PM she supported months ago is horrendous for the party.

She’s launching a leadership bid to woo the populist but after causing mayhem, and then saying “I’m the reason you’re in, it’s your fault for these issues, and now you’re in a no-win situation”.

IMG_4910.jpeg

We’re doing ok thanks.
Got a government yet? 😂
Nope still working on it. In the meantime everything is fine farmers are pretty happy with the UK fleecing err I mean trade deal.
Coming to join us in the TPTP I hear. That should cut haulage costs and be kind to ghr environment too

Nope still working on it. In the meantime everything is fine farmers are pretty happy with the UK fleecing err I mean trade deal.
Coming to join us in the TPTP I hear. That should cut haulage costs and be kind to ghr environment too
Keep working on it.
You’ll get there eventually 😉
Tptp is great.
Trade agreements without erroneous conditions are the way forward.
Should benefit all.
Meanwhile the EU is doing okay without us as members.

No we aren't. Jealous of NZ.
There are no major negatives to leaving the EU.
Did you know that using the methods of the Uk contributions, we’d be liable for over £80 billion as contributions to the EU covid recovery funding.
Dodged a bullet there even though we paid them £9 billion last year due to May’s crappy leaving agreement.