Steve Cooper | Page 15 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

this mornings latest odds... Cooper 8-11 (was 1 to 5 on), howe 3-1 (was 18-1), wilder 4-1 (was 3-1). As Pope rightly pointed out relatively small sector to bet in, but the bookies (especially sky) slash odds when talks are progressing. With deadline day over, signings over, at least I can look at this with interest!
im not sur he was that short Coops. someone said 1.5 nort 1/5? ben solid 4/6 all week my end an not drifted at all. BETTING would suggest coops but maybe they spoke with Howe should he deal not happenre compensation

Nobody is dismissing it but it is largely irrelevant in terms of what we need which is someone who can dig us out of this rather large hole we are in.
id say playing well and scoring goals is the way out of it, not 'battling' tho,, i donts see how the other names are anything other than pretty well organise but that bit kinda goes without saying whoever comes in. :)

id say playing well and scoring goals is the way out of it, not 'battling' tho,, i donts see how the other names are anything other than pretty well organise but that bit kinda goes without saying whoever comes in. :)
Youth tournaments where you have chosen the squad aren’t anything like picking up a team that you don’t know when they are bottom of the league. Winning the u17 World Cup is a great achievement but it certainly doesn’t mean he is capable of sorting us out.

Youth tournaments where you have chosen the squad aren’t anything like picking up a team that you don’t know when they are bottom of the league. Winning the u17 World Cup is a great achievement but it certainly doesn’t mean he is capable of sorting us out.
It's also about having the best players who play the best in the tournament.

At that level you don't tend to get teams winning through a tactical masterclass by the manager

It's happening, just agreeing compensation.

Yes that's right; one of the most uninspiring and average appointments ever, who's been out of work since May, and we have to pay compensation
you were always a miserable twat but now its geting just super zzzzz you teally have no clue and your predications are typically terible. such as CH would be good and the classic covid will be the milleniuim bug of 2020 so im wholeeheartedly up for doing whatever you really disagree with

Lots of doom and gloom on here. I know it’s been a rubbish start but we’ve got 39 games left to close a 4 point gap, we’ll be ok.
We're in a very small minority in thinking like that, duck.

(Prepare yourself for an essay from Pope)

you were always a miserable twat but now its geting just super zzzzz you teally have no clue and your predications are typically terible. such as CH would be good and the classic covid will be the milleniuim bug of 2020 so im wholeeheartedly up for doing whatever you really disagree with
I really have no clue?

No, I suppose you show your superior intellect with little gems like "playing well and scoring goals is the way to stay up".

Well, fuck me.

How do you expect the rest of the forum to compete with football genius like that?

I assume you turned the job down yourself before they reluctantly gave Cooper a bell?

I really have no clue?

No, I suppose you show your superior intellect with little gems like "playing well and scoring goals is the way to stay up".

Well, fuck me.

How do you expect the rest of the forum to compete with football nohow like that?

I assume you turned the job down yourself before they reluctantly gave Cooper a bell?
owd nohow FFS

Last edited:
Think the last bit is taking it too far. If the manager dont matter why have one? Do man city need pep?
I'm sure he coached them very well and picked the right team.

But I suspect there is a big difference between managing at the elite level where results are all that matter and managing at youth level where the development of the players is first priority.

In a world cup, a manager's tactical know-how might well win it

I suspect there is a lot less emphasis on that at youth level and it's probably more about talent and form

It's also about having the best players who play the best in the tournament.

At that level you don't tend to get teams winning through a tactical masterclass by the manager
of course its players that win tournaments, most of the sides dont even bother having a manager, they all know how to gel and work on formations and tactics and motivation and score in every game, who needs a manager?...

might as well play without one now then really, maybe get fawaz in as volunteer ,ch was only holding us back anyway.

with some of you lot, something is great if it fits your narrative and absolute garbage it doesnt.
I pray we dont have to read negativity towards whoever the new man is for the another few weeks at least, do you think that is remotely possible? To accept that this is a fresh start, irrespective of the timing of it and ones personal dislike of someones appearence and the precarious positionwe are in and at least give the guy a chance and at least pretend we are behind the club.

By the way, where did I say anything about COVID and the millennium bug?

Genuine question, I have no recollection. Find the post. I doubt I ever seriously underplayed COVID even in the early days, but by all means make me hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if I did

of course its players that win tournaments, most of the sides dont even bother having a manager, they all know how to gel and work on formations and tactics and motivation and score in every game, who needs a manager?...

might as well play without one now then really, maybe get fawaz in as volunteer ,ch was only holding us back anyway.

with some of you lot, something is great if it fits your narrative and absolute garbage it doesnt.
I pray we dont have to read negativity towards whoever the new man is for the another few weeks at least, do you think that is remotely possible? To accept that this is a fresh start, irrespective of the timing of it and ones personal dislike of someones appearence and the precarious positionwe are in and at least give the guy a chance and at least pretend we are behind the club.
I haven't made any comments on his appearance and I am perfectly within my rights to say who I do and don't want and why.

The time to slate a manager you don't want is obviously when they are NOT your manager rather than when they are.

I didn't boo Hughton, I didn't chant for him to be sacked, Cooper will get the same respect even though I think he's an awful appointment. I invite him to prove everyone wrong and if he keeps us up he'll be a hero

According to BBC Nottingham Sport they are saying their sources understand that we agreed to compensation with Swansea for Cooper.