Steve Cooper | Page 17 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

Don’t talk wet. We know exactly what and where we are which is why we need someone with the relevant experience to get us out of the shit we are in. Cooper doesn’t have any real experience so we just have to hope he is up to the job.

The ‘plan’ is to buy and develop youth which would be great if we weren’t in such a mess.

I really don't see what the panic is at this stage. Yeah, it's been a shit start but most of us putting that down to the manager who has now gone. If we just take this as the start of a 39 game season, I'm pretty sure I could get this squad 4 better of than 2 teams (excluding Derby) nevermind someone who's just guided a team to the play-offs 2 seasons running.

On a positive note regarding his style of play well it might be the case that it's been addressed in the interview process (or more likely over the last few weeks as I've no doubt they've been in touch). The signings may well be part of this, we look like we have the players now for 352. We obviously needed a striker but that wasn't to be but when you read about it, it wasn't through a lack of trying.

I'm going to fucking hate this guy.

Just reading Swansea fans comments.

Apparently he barely developed their own youngsters at all. But he was very good at developing other people's youngsters that he already knew from the U17s. And his really good contacts were with.... Liverpool.

Yes, according to Swans fans, he will sideline our youngsters and seek to loan and develop those of Liverpool, who we'll have to play because of the punitive loan contracts those ***** insist on.

Agent Dane Murphy strikes again

Rhian Brewster is the only Liverpool player he signed on loan in 2 years.

Can we ban pope while Coopers in charge?

so depressing reading his negativity

We’re not in admin, he’s young, can’t you please not already hate someone you’ve not no real knowledge of? It’s not a very good example for the kids on this forum who need some hope
I genuinely wouldn't spend so much of my life on something that depressed me as much as football seems to him.

Let's face it, we could be European champions in 3 years, we could be non-league, none of us know. Considering that, Pope, why don't go into this with the attitude of "let's see what happens", safe in the knowledge that you can tell us all on here (repeatedly) how you knew what would happen if it goes wrong.

If he gets the team looking competent, like it can score and like it can hold a lead then he'll have done the job (for this season)

If he can get us so that the opposition scoring isn't the end of the game, he'll have done the job (for this season)

And obviously we need to stay up.

My objections are that I see absolutely nothing in what he has done before to say he can do that. He has been hired by Mr Murphy to do a completely different job to that and for completely different reasons, and that really worries me

Can we ban pope while Coopers in charge?

so depressing reading his negativity

We’re not in admin, he’s young, can’t you please not already hate someone you’ve not no real knowledge of? It’s not a very good example for the kids on this forum who need some hope
Marco, this is the only reply you'll get from me because I simply do not read your posts, ever.

I suggest you do the same with mine

I genuinely wouldn't spend so much of my life on something that depressed me as much as football seems to him.

Let's face it, we could be European champions in 3 years, we could be non-league, none of us know. Considering that, Pope, why don't go into this with the attitude of "let's see what happens", safe in the knowledge that you can tell us all on here (repeatedly) how you knew what would happen if it goes wrong.
If we were in the 1970's, we would have been talking about this in the pub over a pint (well, WE wouldn't, but we would have been doing so separately with other people, but, you know).

World is different now, those football chats and moans end up being over the internet.

You still have the equivalent of being able to leave and go home or walk to the other end of the bar if you don't like what I say though

If he gets the team looking competent, like it can score and like it can hold a lead then he'll have done the job (for this season)

If he can get us so that the opposition scoring isn't the end of the game, he'll have done the job (for this season)

And obviously we need to stay up.

My objections are that I see absolutely nothing in what he has done before to say he can do that. He has been hired by Mr Murphy to do a completely different job to that and for completely different reasons, and that really worries me

We all know you aren't happy about it, that's fair enough, that's opinions, that's football. What I'm saying though is you have no control over this, this is what's happening (or at least appears to be at the minute), just accept it, just lighten up, just try and see the positives for a change. By all means after each match tell us where you thought he got it wrong (and hopefully right) but give it a chance to start with. Lighten up about football, duck, ya just might find it more enjoyable.

If we were in the 1970's, we would have been talking about this in the pub over a pint (well, WE wouldn't, but we would have been doing so separately with other people, but, you know).

World is different now, those football chats and moans end up being over the internet.

You still have the equivalent of being able to leave and go home or walk to the other end of the bar if you don't like what I say though
I know I have that choice, I don't choose that. Instead, I choose to express my feelings about your feelings; another valid use of a football forum. I'm not trying to change your mind or convince you otherwise, I'm simply offering a bit of advice which might make football a little more bearable for you.

We all know you aren't happy about it, that's fair enough, that's opinions, that's football. What I'm saying though is you have no control over this, this is what's happening (or at least appears to be at the minute), just accept it, just lighten up, just try and see the positives for a change. By all means after each match tell us where you thought he got it wrong (and hopefully right) but give it a chance to start with. Lighten up about football, duck, ya just might find it more enjoyable.
There aren't any positives I can see. Trust me, I've looked hard.

Football is a big part of my life. It has an effect on how I feel day to day. Life, regardless of what it throws at you, feels better when we are doing well, more exciting. When we are doing badly, when things go wrong in proper life it feels like almost everyone is against you

I wouldn't say football harms my mental health but it bloody helps it when things are going well.

Surely others on here find similar?

Is it not worth waiting to see how the new manager actually gets us playing before deciding that we hate him?
Surely the time to say you don't want him and to criticise is when he is NOT yet our manager?

Besides "give him a chance" had been the refrain of every appointment of the last 20 years, and they all worked out the same because all the pre appointment concerns ended up true

Football is a big part of my life. It has an effect on how I feel day to day. Life, regardless of what it throws at you, feels better when we are doing well, more exciting. When we are doing badly, when things go wrong in proper life it feels like almost everyone is against you

I wouldn't say football harms my mental health but it bloody helps it when things are going well.

Yeah it does help but the thing is it's out of our control. I know everyone is different but I don't let it get me down. If we get relegated this season then yeah there'll be initial disappointment but in the grand scheme of my life it won't mean much. On the other hand if we somehow manage to get promoted this season I'll celebrate it.
Worry about things you CAN control, not the things you CAN'T :thumbup:

2 consecutive play-offs not positive?

Surely the time to say you don't want him and to criticise is when he is NOT yet our manager?

Besides "give him a chance" had been the refrain of every appointment of the last 20 years, and they all worked out the same because all the pre appointment concerns ended up true
They only all worked out the same if you think we are a Premier League team and we should be in the Premier League.
If you see us as a Championship team then you will notice the differences in how things have worked out with different managers. Most of them were not sacked because pre appointment concerns ended up true.

I couldn't disagree more. Obviously fans are going to discuss a new manager's record at previous clubs and we have appointed managers where I have not been particularly inspired. But I can't fathom the idea of declaring your hatred for what a new manager is going to do before he's even through the door.

Just a few posts up you have raised a concern after reading other fans' comments, which turned out to be nonsense but which you implied wouldn't really matter even if it were true.

Are you saying that new managers shouldn't be given a chance at all now, just because the managers before them failed?

I couldn't disagree more. Obviously fans are going to discuss a new manager's record at previous clubs and we have appointed managers where I have not been particularly inspired. But I can't fathom the idea of declaring your hatred for what a new manager is going to do before he's even through the door.

Just a few posts up you have raised a concern after reading other fans' comments, which turned out to be nonsense but which you implied wouldn't really matter even if it were true.

Are you saying that new managers shouldn't be given a chance at all now, just because the managers before them failed?
What does "giving managers a chance" mean in tangible terms?

This is a forum for forest fans to say what they want. What is said on here does not matter, so long as it stays within the law.

For those purposes, your "giving him a chance" is as much pissing in the wind as my opposition to his appointment.

When we are both in the ground, your support and my antipathy will be indistinguishable in terms of how we both act