Stefanos Kapino | Page 2 | Vital Football

Stefanos Kapino

the jock - 7/2/2018 14:21

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 14:06

the jock - 7/2/2018 13:45

looks like karanka is clearing out any sentiment which is holding us back and getting us proper quality players. about time.

for far too long we have been playing mediocre players.

How do you know this guy is quality? If this was a Montanier or Warburton signing you would be bemoaning it and questioning whether it was a Marinakis signing.

yes you are right because they signed an absolute bag of shit. i'm not just talking about this player ..players karanka has signed in general so far.

he is roughly the same age as smith . 5 inches taller with international experience . good competition if he comes.

But there's nothing to suggest that this isn't a Marinakis signing and others who have been suspected as Marinakis signings have turned out to be shite.

in_the_top_one - 7/2/2018 14:14

It's not all black and white. There is a time/longevity element to consider as well.

It isn't necessarily wise to bring in players that will be decent for a couple of seasons max and ship out all the ones that might develop into good players over the next ten (and also increase in value over that time). Taking a snapshot of quality/contribution right now is not the full picture.
Losing any of Brereton, Osborn, Worrall and Smith, even for players who might be considered better right now, could be both short-sighted and unsustainable. The way we and others sack managers, though, long-sightedness and sustainability aren't high in any manager's list of priorities.
It is sense, not sentiment.

Most of us have advocated bringing through our quality youth. I don't want to see that policy completely abandoned.

It won't be completely abandoned mate but the youth needs to be good enough to get us to where we want to be.
The new owners are not going to fanny around and wait for years to bring a new generation of kids through. They want promotion and they want it now.
I know I keep saying it but they are ruthless winners, happier days are coming soon.

There is always a place for youth. We haven't been shite these last few years because we've been blooding the likes of Osborn, Brereton, Cash and Worrall; it's largely been down to a shite defence which several managers have failed to strengthen.

It would be such a shame to see the players named above benched all of a sudden now we have some experienced players in. It strikes me that we have a pretty good balance between youth and experience now.

Ibrahim Bakayoko - 7/2/2018 13:58

Are Costel and Kapino better than Smith? Yes they are. It's about improving, fook sentiment it hasn't and won't get us anywhere. I don't care who leaves if we are bringing in better in that position. We will never move forward with a soft approach. Trust Aitor he knows what he is doing.

Agreed. Time to move forward

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 14:46

the jock - 7/2/2018 14:21

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 14:06

the jock - 7/2/2018 13:45

looks like karanka is clearing out any sentiment which is holding us back and getting us proper quality players. about time.

for far too long we have been playing mediocre players.

How do you know this guy is quality? If this was a Montanier or Warburton signing you would be bemoaning it and questioning whether it was a Marinakis signing.

yes you are right because they signed an absolute bag of shit. i'm not just talking about this player ..players karanka has signed in general so far.

he is roughly the same age as smith . 5 inches taller with international experience . good competition if he comes.

But there's nothing to suggest that this isn't a Marinakis signing and others who have been suspected as Marinakis signings have turned out to be shite.

I agree but they were all outfield players. a goalkeeper doesn't have to adjust the speed of play running around and time on the ball , physicality etc. that's my opinion anyway. if he does join no guarantee he will even start but will add much needed competition. evtimov isn't good enough . if smith is good enough he will rise above these challenges, cant be a bad thing.

Kapino is same age as Smith but has several years experience at Olypiacos No one. I see Pants as a stop gap measure this season. Kapino (assuming he signs) and Smith with Eraldson fight out the Forest goal keeper position.

No harm taking Smith out of firing line for a month, practice kicking. I have a feeling he will be between sticks before end of season. These three will be around for the next decade so if one of them comes thru and makes the shirt there own that suits Forest.

Good signing. Low risk.

fookin ell Pants has made one mistake and he is being replaced

AK is not messing about

:19:

Yeah. If the ball comes towards you, catch it. If a soldier makes a mistake he's dead. If a surgeon makes a mistake your dead. Least he knows where he stands. Don't go punching balls that can be caught.

da fuq - 7/2/2018 15:38

AK is not messing about

Now Pants has set the new standard, this bloke is a bit small at only 6ft 5 !

Lienking - 7/2/2018 16:38

da fuq - 7/2/2018 15:38

AK is not messing about

Now Pants has set the new standard, this bloke is a bit small at only 6ft 5 !

:17:

Sniffer Dog - 7/2/2018 14:49

in_the_top_one - 7/2/2018 14:14

It's not all black and white. There is a time/longevity element to consider as well.

It isn't necessarily wise to bring in players that will be decent for a couple of seasons max and ship out all the ones that might develop into good players over the next ten (and also increase in value over that time). Taking a snapshot of quality/contribution right now is not the full picture.
Losing any of Brereton, Osborn, Worrall and Smith, even for players who might be considered better right now, could be both short-sighted and unsustainable. The way we and others sack managers, though, long-sightedness and sustainability aren't high in any manager's list of priorities.
It is sense, not sentiment.

Most of us have advocated bringing through our quality youth. I don't want to see that policy completely abandoned.

It won't be completely abandoned mate but the youth needs to be good enough to get us to where we want to be.
The new owners are not going to fanny around and wait for years to bring a new generation of kids through. They want promotion and they want it now.
I know I keep saying it but they are ruthless winners, happier days are coming soon.

Bullshit so far given the lack of quality signings and our net transfer spend under them.

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 14:52

There is always a place for youth. We haven't been shite these last few years because we've been blooding the likes of Osborn, Brereton, Cash and Worrall; it's largely been down to a shite defence which several managers have failed to strengthen.

It would be such a shame to see the players named above benched all of a sudden now we have some experienced players in. It strikes me that we have a pretty good balance between youth and experience now.

Sorry mate but none of the above are good enough to be consistently play in a promotion chasing team. Karanka knows this. The only people who think otherwise are idealists. We will end up hopefully being no different to other clubs, namely introducing only the very best youngsters for a few games and loaning out the rest

We will look back at the days of worrall, Smith, Osborn and cash with nostalgic fondness wishing them well for their loans at burton, reading, Brentford and derby

toms - 7/2/2018 17:11

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 14:52

Sorry mate but none of the above are good enough to be consistently play in a promotion chasing team. Karanka knows this. The only people who think otherwise are idealists. We will end up hopefully being no different to other clubs, namely introducing only the very best youngsters for a few games and loaning out the rest

We will look back at the days of worrall, Smith, Osborn and cash with nostalgic fondness wishing them well for their loans at burton, reading, Brentford and derby

Definitely, injury prone aging players who aren't wanted by their current teams are the way to go.