Stefanos Kapino | Vital Football

Stefanos Kapino

paplane - 7/2/2018 11:30

Do you know why he left Olympiacos Sniff?

There was a huge row in the changing room with the previous coach following a defeat.
He was disciplined and left out of the side.

ZedRed - 7/2/2018 11:33

Reserve keeper to Karius at Mainz.

Therefore League One standard at best duck.

Plenty of Champions League experience and he was on Manchester United's radar not so long ago. He turned in a fantastic performance a few weeks ago when Greece drew in Belgium in a European Qualifier.

Well I'm looking at it like this.

Mignolet is League One standard.

Karius is Mignolet's deputy at Liverpool

Kapino was Karius's deputy at Mainz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0LXIdzUs4

ZedRed - 7/2/2018 12:04

Well I'm looking at it like this.

Mignolet is League One standard.

Karius is Mignolet's deputy at Liverpool

Kapino was Karius's deputy at Mainz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0LXIdzUs4

Watched the vid. We can all put our best bits up on Youtube. Means nuffink.

6 ft 5. why not. guess this is the end of smith if this lad joins.

karanka isn't fooking about.

bye bye kids

100% sellling Osborne and Breteon to fund some more experienced players in the summer.

Brereton for a proven goal scorer would get us up

looks like karanka is clearing out any sentiment which is holding us back and getting us proper quality players. about time.

for far too long we have been playing mediocre players.

So that is the end of the line for Smith then...will not even be making the bench...great, from first name on the time sheet to the stands...with no chance to prove himself with a new cracking midfield, with all the cover that this will bring ...

Are Costel and Kapino better than Smith? Yes they are. It's about improving, fook sentiment it hasn't and won't get us anywhere. I don't care who leaves if we are bringing in better in that position. We will never move forward with a soft approach. Trust Aitor he knows what he is doing.

Ibrahim Bakayoko - 7/2/2018 13:58

Are Costel and Kapino better than Smith? Yes they are. It's about improving, fook sentiment it hasn't and won't get us anywhere. I don't care who leaves if we are bringing in better in that position. We will never move forward with a soft approach. Trust Aitor he knows what he is doing.

Well said :14:

the jock - 7/2/2018 13:45

looks like karanka is clearing out any sentiment which is holding us back and getting us proper quality players. about time.

How do you know this guy is quality? If this was a Montanier or Warburton signing you would be bemoaning it and questioning whether it was a Marinakis signing.

It's not all black and white. There is a time/longevity element to consider as well.

It isn't necessarily wise to bring in players that will be decent for a couple of seasons max and ship out all the ones that might develop into good players over the next ten (and also increase in value over that time). Taking a snapshot of quality/contribution right now is not the full picture.
Losing any of Brereton, Osborn, Worrall and Smith, even for players who might be considered better right now, could be both short-sighted and unsustainable. The way we and others sack managers, though, long-sightedness and sustainability aren't high in any manager's list of priorities.
It is sense, not sentiment.

Most of us have advocated bringing through our quality youth. I don't want to see that policy completely abandoned.

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 14:06

the jock - 7/2/2018 13:45

How do you know this guy is quality? If this was a Montanier or Warburton signing you would be bemoaning it and questioning whether it was a Marinakis signing.

yes you are right because they signed an absolute bag of shit. i'm not just talking about this player ..players karanka has signed in general so far.

he is roughly the same age as smith . 5 inches taller with international experience . good competition if he comes.