Stefanos Kapino | Page 3 | Vital Football

Stefanos Kapino

Calvin Plummer - 7/2/2018 17:16

toms - 7/2/2018 17:11

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 14:52

There is always a place for youth. We haven't been shite these last few years because we've been blooding the likes of Osborn, Brereton, Cash and Worrall; it's largely been down to a shite defence which several managers have failed to strengthen.

It would be such a shame to see the players named above benched all of a sudden now we have some experienced players in. It strikes me that we have a pretty good balance between youth and experience now.

Sorry mate but none of the above are good enough to be consistently play in a promotion chasing team. Karanka knows this. The only people who think otherwise are idealists. We will end up hopefully being no different to other clubs, namely introducing only the very best youngsters for a few games and loaning out the rest

We will look back at the days of worrall, Smith, Osborn and cash with nostalgic fondness wishing them well for their loans at burton, reading, Brentford and derby

Definitely, injury prone aging players who aren't wanted by their current teams are the way to go.

Not saying that at all. Young players we have are hardworking and certainly good enough for mid to lower tier championship but higher ....just don’t see it right now. Maybe worrall if he cuts out stupid errors

Perhaps with better players around them and a better organised manager they will develop into bigger assets for the club.

Anyone who has seen them play regularly will agree there is potential in all of them. It's hard to agree that Worrall isn't good enough for a promotion chasing second tier side when a top 7 Premier League side has just bid £13m for him, or that Brereton and Osborn aren't good enough when Klopp and Benitez have reportedly shown interest.

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 17:46

Perhaps with better players around them and a better organised manager they will develop into bigger assets for the club.

Anyone who has seen them play regularly will agree there is potential in all of them. It's hard to agree that Worrall isn't good enough for a promotion chasing second tier side when a top 7 Premier League side has just bid £13m for him, or that Brereton and Osborn aren't good enough when Klopp and Benitez have reportedly shown interest.

Silly money for English players. Burke was 13m and where is he. Britt 15m playing for boro. Look at any of our youngsters in the last 10 years, where are they playing regularly today in the main?

I think you're missing my point duck.

If Karanka had deemed Worrall to be not good enough then we would have accepted the "silly money" on offer.

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 17:57

If Karanka had deemed Worrall to be not good enough then we would have accepted the "silly money" on offer.

Given we only have manc and an untested player at this level plus maybe fox that would have been insane.

I'm sure AK and our backroom team have enough knowledge and contacts to have sourced a replacement at short notice.

If AK thought Worrall was no good then he would have taken the money and ran. No doubt about that.

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 18:06

I'm sure AK and our backroom team have enough knowledge and contacts to have sourced a replacement at short notice.

If AK thought Worrall was no good then he would have taken the money and ran. No doubt about that.

Crowd pleasing decision duck. At this stage not a runner

toms - 7/2/2018 18:02

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 17:57

Given we only have manc and an untested player at this level plus maybe fox that would have been insane.

The offer had been on the table for a while before the window shut. Hard to think Karanka couldn't have sourced a replacement with the money that would have been available if he'd wanted too.

We must trust our respected new manager and his decision that Worrall is a good enough player who we wont sell even for silly money.

There is always a place for youth. We haven't been shite these last few years because we've been blooding the likes of Osborn, Brereton, Cash and Worrall; it's largely been down to a shite defence which several managers have failed to strengthen.

It would be such a shame to see the players named above benched all of a sudden now we have some experienced players in. It strikes me that we have a pretty good balance between youth and experience now.

Sorry mate but none of the above are good enough to be consistently play in a promotion chasing team. Karanka knows this. The only people who think otherwise are idealists. We will end up hopefully being no different to other clubs, namely introducing only the very best youngsters for a few games and loaning out the rest

We will look back at the days of worrall, Smith, Osborn and cash with nostalgic fondness wishing them well for their loans at burton, reading, Brentford and derby

Definitely, injury prone aging players who aren't wanted by their current teams are the way to go.

Yet you celebrated the signing of Murphy and the extension to Fox, who are both exactly as you describe but more expensive and at least in Fox's case, shit

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 18:46

Hard to argue with that blatancy m8

They are plenty good enough, maybe some folk just dont appreciate that players peak at like 27 and everything up til then in progression and learning

id still give tyler benefit of the doubt too, after all, hes a natural goal poacher in a 2 up front team and hes had that about twice in his career

Pope John XXIII - 7/2/2018 18:54

Yet you celebrated the signing of Murphy and the extension to Fox, who are both exactly as you describe but more expensive and at least in Fox's case, shit

You live in some bizarre fantasy world, find any post of mine celebrating his signing. I was decidedly underwhelmed but saw the logic in it.

As for Fox *whoosh*

Calvin Plummer - 7/2/2018 20:02

You live in some bizarre fantasy world, find any post of mine celebrating his signing. I was decidedly underwhelmed but saw the logic in it.

As for Fox *whoosh*

No whoosh involved.

He's been dire.

Warburton's signings were, with one permenent exception, shocking.

Apparently Olimpiacos signed him for £2.5 million 2 years ago, played every game including champions league last season and then they cancelled his contract. Two weeks later he signs for us because "he likes us". Looks like the big man has a complete understanding of FFP to me. Join all the others that seem to be getting round it.

Sniffer Dog - 7/2/2018 14:49

in_the_top_one - 7/2/2018 14:14

It's not all black and white. There is a time/longevity element to consider as well.

It isn't necessarily wise to bring in players that will be decent for a couple of seasons max and ship out all the ones that might develop into good players over the next ten (and also increase in value over that time). Taking a snapshot of quality/contribution right now is not the full picture.
Losing any of Brereton, Osborn, Worrall and Smith, even for players who might be considered better right now, could be both short-sighted and unsustainable. The way we and others sack managers, though, long-sightedness and sustainability aren't high in any manager's list of priorities.
It is sense, not sentiment.

Most of us have advocated bringing through our quality youth. I don't want to see that policy completely abandoned.

It won't be completely abandoned mate but the youth needs to be good enough to get us to where we want to be.
The new owners are not going to fanny around and wait for years to bring a new generation of kids through. They want promotion and they want it now.
I know I keep saying it but they are ruthless winners, happier days are coming soon.

it's a fine line sniffer- if the gaffer has decided smith is not going to make it then fair enough. No one is asking youth for the sake of youth but it is a feature of clubs like us to be able to still produce players. Take that away from forest and we become that bit more like everyone else.

none of the glory kids are mistake free and i hope we don't ditch too many on the count of someone with an instant gratification issue. If the big man doesn't want to wait then go do a wolves- ah yes, he doesn't actually have that much money to spend, and even if he did, he would likely have to spend it in Greece.

Big supporter of marinakis so far but if we ditching sentiment then that's my opinion. Shame about smith but benefit of the doubt given. A position likely to change if I see all the kids getting shipped out and nothing coming through from the academy. Don't expect a whole team but when results are shit, i have enjoyed seeing younger players develop- reid, dawson, jenus, more recently jamaal, darlow, os and the NKOTB

paz1967 - 7/2/2018 19:12

AdebolaCornflakes - 7/2/2018 18:46

Hard to argue with that blatancy m8

They are plenty good enough, maybe some folk just dont appreciate that players peak at like 27 and everything up til then in progression and learning

id still give tyler benefit of the doubt too, after all, hes a natural goal poacher in a 2 up front team and hes had that about twice in his career

:14: 2 good posts imo

Pope John XXIII - 7/2/2018 20:16

Calvin Plummer - 7/2/2018 20:02

As for Fox *whoosh*

No whoosh involved.

He's been dire.

Warburton's signings were, with one permenent exception, shocking.

So where is this post with me celebrating? Delusional tw@t.

Your obsession with MW is equally bizarre, this is a thread to discuss a potential new signing and in general to debate the ongoing transfer policy of the club. Trust me, everyone knows you didn't like him but you're reaching BRE/Toms levels of insanity now.