Stacey West Expansion | Page 17 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

It looks like the aim is to be 50% rail seating and 50 % ordinary seating. It will be interesting to know what the resulting increase in capacity will be.
There won't be any increase, it will require a change in regulations to do that. It mentions the posibility but can't see it myself.
It's dissapointing it's had to be scaled back but entirely understandable at the moment. I might be wrong but the biggest dissapointment for me is the plans don't seem to allow for a future capacity increase if or when it becomes more viable (promoted, new investors etc), phase two of putting offices on the first floor means that isn't now an option at all.

So basically no increase in capacity, rail seating and a new roof?

Having thought about it, why extend the capacity anyway? There’s around 8k Imps fans for home games so it’s plenty big enough and I expect this to drop next season anyway.

I recognise the reason plans have changed is because the cost has increased significantly post pandemic. I’d rather any spare money was spent on the squad than looking at an extra thousand Wednesday or Derby fans anyway.

So an upgrade on what we already have is still a positive step, despite my initial disappointment.
F78E0A1E-5493-4998-88ED-65BC2482D612.jpeg

Last edited:
You don’t build these things overnight. The original schedule was roof off December so even if they did decide to do the work now it would take the Stacey West out of action for most of next season I should have thought.

Ultimately, it’s a good way to ensure we are still using the grants.

However, we’ll now have a half-built Selenity, a botched Stacey West, and a bus stop in between those two stands.

It’s all a bit of a mess.

Ultimately, it’s a good way to ensure we are still using the grants.

However, we’ll now have a half-built Selenity, a botched Stacey West, and a bus stop in between those two stands.

It’s all a bit of a mess.
I suppose the alternative is to have a soul less shed like structure like Scunny and to be heading south for the Winter to the Conference or whatever its called these days. Think I know what I like best !!

Understandable, pleased we're still using the grants,, but still disappointing we can't significantly increase the capacity. 1st bit of success on the pitch and itll be a struggle to get tickets. Hopefully something will change in the future to put it back on the agenda.

*Tickets for away fans

There won't be any increase, it will require a change in regulations to do that. It mentions the posibility but can't see it myself.
It's dissapointing it's had to be scaled back but entirely understandable at the moment. I might be wrong but the biggest dissapointment for me is the plans don't seem to allow for a future capacity increase if or when it becomes more viable (promoted, new investors etc), phase two of putting offices on the first floor means that isn't now an option at all.

There are other options that could be explored. Granted not the SW but still options

Understandable, pleased we're still using the grants,, but still disappointing we can't significantly increase the capacity. 1st bit of success on the pitch and itll be a struggle to get tickets. Hopefully something will change in the future to put it back on the agenda.
Presumably the Club would just revert to 1,000 allocations for away sides and split the SW at we've done previously.

Applaud the Stacey West expansion and any modification to that initial plan. However, personally speaking if we had the financials I would much prefer an extended Selenity. (No posts please from potential architects or builders, I think we have done the costs on various threads).

That said, with the original plan of an expanded Stacey West we’ll miss the “big club” travelling supporters income I suspect.