Stacey West Expansion | Page 23 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

Yep, I think all the extra work is mainly out the back of the SW. Because of the extra costs involved, the roof now not coming off and capacity not being raised apart from possible rail seating, I don’t think it will affect the day to day running of the stand. I could easily be wrong though!

I think we are only building out behind the stand aren't we. We changed the plans a couple of times, going from doubling the seats, with a second tier, to building up the height with a two-storey building at the back, including Executive boxes, to finally building a set of rooms behind the stand and adding in railed seating. Happy to be proved wrong if I haven't got this right because it has changed a number of times.

This shows the first two iterations, but we are now building lower at the back than the existing height of the stand (i.e. only in the space marked out by the fences in the photos),

Looking at the floorplans, the two parts may not even be linked. It looks like there will be access to store rooms and toilets under the stand on the ground floor Above that will be a space that could be built up as a Phase 2, if and when the economy/team performance warrants it. Entrance to the seats will still be from the front.

We can fit in as many away fans as they can bring.
As long as they don’t mind being behind the stand.

So it makes us no revenue - none match days?
Quite possibly not, although my pov is that not only is it important to know the cost of everything but equally the value as well. We are not a PL Club or operating a PL model so the value isn't and should not always be measured in revenue.

The development had to be reigned back for the publicly discussed consequences of covid/inflation but the changed plans still enabled the club to progress with development and access to sources of funding/grants they otherwise would not have been able to. As the Shearer documentary asked, "What is a club"? I would argue this is exactly what a club is and further cements the Imps status front and centre as a cornerstone of the city's fabric.

There is a very good chance that a number of the youngsters passing through the doors of the facility will one day be passing through the turnstiles of SB wearing Imps shirts, who may otherwise have not done so.

Quite possibly not, although my pov is that not only is it important to know the cost of everything but equally the value as well. We are not a PL Club or operating a PL model so the value isn't and should not always be measured in revenue.

The development had to be reigned back for the publicly discussed consequences of covid/inflation but the changed plans still enabled the club to progress with development and access to sources of funding/grants they otherwise would not have been able to. As the Shearer documentary asked, "What is a club"? I would argue this is exactly what a club is and further cements the Imps status front and centre as a cornerstone of the city's fabric.

There is a very good chance that a number of the youngsters passing through the doors of the facility will one day be passing through the turnstiles of SB wearing Imps shirts, who may otherwise have not done so.
Spot on.

... would the ground, club be better with no development of the Stacey West?

I don't think so.

Or more importantly, some may go on to have better opportunities in life that otherwise they may not have had previously.

I might be wrong, but I believe the design and work to date allow us to add a storey of seating above what has been built on the back at a later date, should either the costs of doing so become more favourable, or the need to add capacity becomes more pressing. There is also cost savings from improving water collection and re-distribution onto the pitch and better facilities for the fans.

All of that over and above the community benefit.

I might be wrong, but I believe the design and work to date allow us to add a storey of seating above what has been built on the back at a later date, should either the costs of doing so become more favourable, or the need to add capacity becomes more pressing. There is also cost savings from improving water collection and re-distribution onto the pitch and better facilities for the fans.

All of that over and above the community benefit.

I hope your right, and i may be wrong, but i thought i read on here that adding an extra storey in the future was no longer an option with the new plans?

I hope your right, and i may be wrong, but i thought i read on here that adding an extra storey in the future was no longer an option with the new plans?

That possibly explains why it is a free standing building. What a forward thinking Board we have. When we move to the new stadium in 2097, the 'new Foundation development' can remain insitu.

I am not sure. Looking back at the links above, the three storey option was highlighted in April 2022, whereas the planning permission went in for the two storey building in Nove 2022, so they may have dropped this piece,

"Phase Three

As for the final phase, well that will be considered once the challenges facing the construction industry in the current climate have subsided. However, it is confirmed that it will see the creation of new hospitality areas, a further commercial revenue drive at the football club."

If Phase 3 is still an option, it would suggest enclosed boxes rather than seating.

LNER abbreviating a BR slogan at a site that was once an avoiding line? Sorry Jules I really shouldn't encourage the gricers to go off topic
You won't find many people agreeing with you there, largely because most people won't have a clue what you are on about.

LNER abbreviating a BR slogan at a site that was once an avoiding line? Sorry Jules I really shouldn't encourage the gricers to go off topic
I remember the avoiding line was talking Shona about on Saturday and how we ended up with the car park at the Stacey West end of the ground. And the new bit they're now adding.