Stacey West Expansion | Page 16 | Vital Football

Stacey West Expansion

Hope to hear soon If the development is going ahead.

If we continue with with the recent encouraging form and secure L1 status then I’m sure we’d smash recent modern era attendance records if we build.

Peterborough, Derby and Barnsley still the most likely to come down and the majority of Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton would still be with us.

I loved the atmosphere at the Bank yesterday and v. Wednesday and dare I say, I‘m really enjoying life in League One, aspiring to the Championship rather than fearing the Conference/National League

I‘m sure Liam and Clive are doing the maths.

Liked the way Wimbledon had taken their main stadium “round the corner” so it would lead into the next phase of their proposed development.

Very good forward planning, but in such cases you first need an overall plan.

Hope to hear soon If the development is going ahead.

If we continue with with the recent encouraging form and secure L1 status then I’m sure we’d smash recent modern era attendance records if we build.

Peterborough, Derby and Barnsley still the most likely to come down and the majority of Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton would still be with us.

I loved the atmosphere at the Bank yesterday and v. Wednesday and dare I say, I‘m really enjoying life in League One, aspiring to the Championship rather than fearing the Conference/National League

I‘m sure Liam and Clive are doing the maths.

Unfortunately I think we may never see it now. Rising costs and our recent stuttering form have probably put the final nail in the coffin tbh.

A massive recession is on the way I think around the world and we won't be immune to it here and people simply won't have the disposable income to spend on footy. You only have to look at history and wars and major events usually coincide with high inflation (which is all over Europe and the Americas right now) followed by a recession. It's just how it is unfortunately.

Might see a truncated version perhaps but the dreams of seeing a 12 000 capacity Sincil Bank maybe behind us I fear.

Unfortunately I think we may never see it now. Rising costs and our recent stuttering form have probably put the final nail in the coffin tbh.

A massive recession is on the way I think around the world and we won't be immune to it here and people simply won't have the disposable income to spend on footy. You only have to look at history and wars and major events usually coincide with high inflation (which is all over Europe and the Americas right now) followed by a recession. It's just how it is unfortunately.

Might see a truncated version perhaps but the dreams of seeing a 12 000 capacity Sincil Bank maybe behind us I fear.

Don’t agree at all Casper, recession or not football fans will always find a way to afford going to games if their team are successful, they always have done. At the last look we were well on our way to raising the £500k we needed to go with the expected grant.

The cost increases will have been massive, but 2/rds of the original £1/2 million deficit were pledged by bond. The grants are available and I‘m sure the board are exploring every other possible means of sponsorship to help fund, two of which are mentioned earlier in the thread. League One security would certainly help the immediate modelling of the financials for next season as I guess the average away following is a few hundred higher in L1 v L2.

Dear Bondholder,
In late January we wrote to advise that we would be conducting a full review of the Stacey West redevelopment project given significant changes and further uncertainty to the cost projections and build timeline feasibility. At a recent meeting of the Board, the Directors considered the options and recommendations coming out of the review and we are now able to provide you with an update.
Thank you for your patience.
Whilst the Board were clear it would have been irresponsible to continue with the original plan, we have attempted to retain our objectives as far as possible but adjust to the current reality, recognising that the overall environment continues to be volatile and uncertain.
Therefore, the chosen way forward is a refined design to overcome cost and supply chain challenges and is modular to provide flexibility in terms of build stages. We envisage three phases which upon completion will deliver an improved fan experience, serve the community better and provide commercial growth.
Whilst a general seating capacity increase is not part of the new design, we plan to upgrade the current stand through refurbishment and continued exploration of rail seating at a 1:1 ratio as per current legislation. Our hope is that over time, and as the merits of rail seating is proven, the ratio of 1:1 will be positively reviewed resulting in an overall capacity increase within the Stacey West stand.
It should be noted that we continue to work on funding, costing, and timing but believe that the adapted approach can be delivered with the support of stakeholders and our planning application will be submitted on the basis phase one can commence as soon as feasible. Timing of phases two and three will follow based on funding timing, prudent cashflow management and business case validation.
In phase one we will build a ground level facility providing a new home for Lincoln City Foundation and space for them to deliver services around education and employability, health and well-being, sport and physical activity and inclusion and community cohesion.
Phase two will be a first-floor facility comprising further community space and flexible office space. We are in discussions to secure occupation by partner stakeholders and local businesses as tenants on the basis the space is used to deliver social impact.
Phase three will be a second-floor facility incorporating hospitality space, designed to deliver commercial growth and dependent on our cashflow position a reasonable prediction for a return on investment of three years.
The attached images provide indicative illustrations of the three phases with final plans being produced in due course.
In keeping with the aims of the project we have taken a multi-source approach to funding. In addition to the already secured Football Foundation Grant, the Towns Fund, a contribution from the club’s operating budget and The Stacey West Investment Bond, we can now announce we have agreed a major partnership with Lincolnshire Co-op that will see them take the exclusive naming rights of the newly created Lincoln City Community and Skills Hub within the stand and associated stand advertising for the next three years.
The stand shall absolutely remain named as the Stacey West in memory of Bill Stacey and Jim West, tragically taken, along with 54 others in the 1985 Bradford Fire disaster.
Currently we are holding Bond investments of £369,600 which are accruing interest in line with each individual bondholder’s choice of interest rate. The Bond remains open on the existing terms, namely, minimum investment of £500, interest rates of 1%,2% or 3% and 5, 7 and 10-year terms.
Encouragingly, new applications have been received and accepted in March and our current position is we will keep the bond scheme open indefinitely to continue to raise further funds.
We are reviewing how we can incorporate supporter services within phase two and we reaffirm our commitment to recognise bondholders in the new building and hold exclusive by invitation events for all bondholders.
The Board believe the original objectives can be delivered through the updated design and are pleased to be able to reaffirm that the terms of the bond remain unchanged, but invite bondholders who have any questions to contact us at bonds@redimpstrust.co.uk

The Stacey West development project continues to be a key part of our vision to be a successful and sustainable club that forms an integral part of and adds value to the community.
On securing planning approval, the project team will manage execution of the three phases and continue to provide updates to the Board for review and approval as we pass through key milestones.
The Red Imps Community Trust and LCFC Board remain confident we can deliver a new Stacey West stand to be proud of and will provide further updates as we progress.
Thank you for your ongoing support for this project and the club.

Must admit having doubts about spending money on a capacity expansion, now spending money with no increase but I’ll trust the board

Must admit having doubts about spending money on a capacity expansion, now spending money with no increase but I’ll trust the board

People need to look at the bigger picture, as has been pointed out many times on here. The most important part of this project is to provide a new and fit-for-purpose home for the Lincoln City Foundation, new offices, and potential for further commercial income, and that is exactly what is still going to happen.

It looks like the aim is to be 50% rail seating and 50 % ordinary seating. It will be interesting to know what the resulting increase in capacity will be.

Dear Bondholder,
In late January we wrote to advise that we would be conducting a full review of the Stacey West redevelopment project given significant changes and further uncertainty to the cost projections and build timeline feasibility. At a recent meeting of the Board, the Directors considered the options and recommendations coming out of the review and we are now able to provide you with an update.
Thank you for your patience.
Whilst the Board were clear it would have been irresponsible to continue with the original plan, we have attempted to retain our objectives as far as possible but adjust to the current reality, recognising that the overall environment continues to be volatile and uncertain.
Therefore, the chosen way forward is a refined design to overcome cost and supply chain challenges and is modular to provide flexibility in terms of build stages. We envisage three phases which upon completion will deliver an improved fan experience, serve the community better and provide commercial growth.
Whilst a general seating capacity increase is not part of the new design, we plan to upgrade the current stand through refurbishment and continued exploration of rail seating at a 1:1 ratio as per current legislation. Our hope is that over time, and as the merits of rail seating is proven, the ratio of 1:1 will be positively reviewed resulting in an overall capacity increase within the Stacey West stand.
It should be noted that we continue to work on funding, costing, and timing but believe that the adapted approach can be delivered with the support of stakeholders and our planning application will be submitted on the basis phase one can commence as soon as feasible. Timing of phases two and three will follow based on funding timing, prudent cashflow management and business case validation.
In phase one we will build a ground level facility providing a new home for Lincoln City Foundation and space for them to deliver services around education and employability, health and well-being, sport and physical activity and inclusion and community cohesion.
Phase two will be a first-floor facility comprising further community space and flexible office space. We are in discussions to secure occupation by partner stakeholders and local businesses as tenants on the basis the space is used to deliver social impact.
Phase three will be a second-floor facility incorporating hospitality space, designed to deliver commercial growth and dependent on our cashflow position a reasonable prediction for a return on investment of three years.
The attached images provide indicative illustrations of the three phases with final plans being produced in due course.
In keeping with the aims of the project we have taken a multi-source approach to funding. In addition to the already secured Football Foundation Grant, the Towns Fund, a contribution from the club’s operating budget and The Stacey West Investment Bond, we can now announce we have agreed a major partnership with Lincolnshire Co-op that will see them take the exclusive naming rights of the newly created Lincoln City Community and Skills Hub within the stand and associated stand advertising for the next three years.
The stand shall absolutely remain named as the Stacey West in memory of Bill Stacey and Jim West, tragically taken, along with 54 others in the 1985 Bradford Fire disaster.
Currently we are holding Bond investments of £369,600 which are accruing interest in line with each individual bondholder’s choice of interest rate. The Bond remains open on the existing terms, namely, minimum investment of £500, interest rates of 1%,2% or 3% and 5, 7 and 10-year terms.
Encouragingly, new applications have been received and accepted in March and our current position is we will keep the bond scheme open indefinitely to continue to raise further funds.
We are reviewing how we can incorporate supporter services within phase two and we reaffirm our commitment to recognise bondholders in the new building and hold exclusive by invitation events for all bondholders.
The Board believe the original objectives can be delivered through the updated design and are pleased to be able to reaffirm that the terms of the bond remain unchanged, but invite bondholders who have any questions to contact us at bonds@redimpstrust.co.uk

The Stacey West development project continues to be a key part of our vision to be a successful and sustainable club that forms an integral part of and adds value to the community.
On securing planning approval, the project team will manage execution of the three phases and continue to provide updates to the Board for review and approval as we pass through key milestones.
The Red Imps Community Trust and LCFC Board remain confident we can deliver a new Stacey West stand to be proud of and will provide further updates as we progress.
Thank you for your ongoing support for this project and the club.

Definitely the right decision to take at this moment in time, for various different reasons.

Prefer the idea of rail seating!

Wise move. Without saying too much I have heard of steel quotes being valid for 24hrs at present. The job i am currently involved in has an indexation mechanism in the contract which is currently running at an alarming rate. Inflation in our industry is scary.

In the current climate makes sense. Getting the foundation side of things up and running is quite rightly phase one. Sounds like there is the potential for a slightly increased capacity with the rail seating. Also the hospitality bit is interesting. With the plans not being added it’s hard to tell how this will pan out, but will this have some kind of pitch side view? Overall more positives than negatives for me.