Squad - Where We Are Now | Page 4 | Vital Football

Squad - Where We Are Now

Developing into a large squad now, preferably with a midfield general/DM to come in, we should then be starting to arrange loans for some of the younger players you would assume 🤔

In a lot better place than two days ago I guess.
Still pretty far from being ready.
Midfield needs sorting out pronto.

How people can pass judgement on where we are is a bit daft if you ask me.
Unless you're an absolute football nerd none of us know who these players are that have joined in the last few weeks.
I understand people's enthusiasm when someone signs ( I get it)
But just be honest none of us know what are team will look like or play like until the season starts.
Nobody signs a player thinking there going to be rubbish
But at our level every signing is probably a gamble that you hope comes off.

I'll be absolutely honest.
I have never heard of any of the players that have joined

Players left Players Joined

McGrandles ???????
Bridcutt ???????
Marquis Kendall?????
Archibald Vernam
Bramall ................
Melbourne O'Connor
Fiorini Oakley-Boothe
Cuffy-Norton Benn
Whitaker .............
Cullen Mandroiu
Griffiths Rushworth

This clearly ignores any youth player that could make the squad and whether the management team is going to be better or worse?? Injuries at the back?

From my point of view we will do well to stay up and need some defensive midfield players and an additional sprinkling of quality upfront through the loan system.
still plenty of time for some to arrive and leave to get the right balance.

Players left Players Joined

McGrandles ???????
Bridcutt ???????
Marquis Kendall?????
Archibald Vernam
Bramall ................
Melbourne O'Connor
Fiorini Oakley-Boothe
Cuffy-Norton Benn
Whitaker .............
Cullen Mandroiu
Griffiths Rushworth

This clearly ignores any youth player that could make the squad and whether the management team is going to be better or worse?? Injuries at the back?

From my point of view we will do well to stay up and need some defensive midfield players and an additional sprinkling of quality upfront through the loan system.
still plenty of time for some to arrive and leave to get the right balance.
Archibald and largely Bridcutt you can leave out as they didn’t feature last season in any case I would say. And there are so many variables that can go either way, impossible to make a judgement. For example we get Walsh fit enough to play at least 30 games, that’s like a new signing. Some players may kick on in 2nd season. On the other hand we might sell Scully and not replace him. The list could go on

Unless you're an absolute football nerd none of us know who these players are that have joined in the last few weeks.
But just be honest none of us know what are team will look like or play like until the season starts.

Absolutely correct. Do we not think that every other club in the league are not making signings they think are going to make them stronger than last season. A lot of them also have a hell of a lot more money to splash than we have aswell.

Nobody, not even our manager or coaching staff haven't got a clue what lies ahead of us next season. You do what you think is right with the budget you have available to you and we as fans find out how good the recruitment has actually been and how good the manager is as a coach and tactician when we start playing competitive games.

Everything before that in the main is calculated, risk assessed guesswork and that doesn't matter how much budget you have to spend, its all on the judgment of the people spending the money.

Absolutely correct. Do we not think that every other club in the league are not making signings they think are going to make them stronger than last season. A lot of them also have a hell of a lot more money to splash than we have aswell.

Nobody, not even our manager or coaching staff haven't got a clue what lies ahead of us next season. You do what you think is right with the budget you have available to you and we as fans find out how good the recruitment has actually been and how good the manager is as a coach and tactician when we start playing competitive games.

Everything before that in the main is calculated, risk assessed guesswork and that doesn't matter how much budget you have to spend, its all on the judgment of the people spending the money.
How true. How many times have we seen a team of expensive players assembled at a club only to see them play like strangers.

How true. How many times have we seen a team of expensive players assembled at a club only to see them play like strangers.

Yeah, at the very top level you generally get what you pay for but even then things just don't gel for some top players at top clubs.

The lower down the scale you travel it's much more like pissing in the wind.
You need so many more elements to come together to have a successful team.

Of course this does happen every season with a select few clubs but as we have said you just can't have a 'good feeling' about it.
You have to wait until the competition starts then start assessing things personel wise and tactically very quickly.

Well said. However you don't have to be a football nerd to know what to expect from certain players. If you don't know anything about them little research will help..Obviously you're right that all transfers are a gamble. Some more some less but all are a gamble and as always pitch will verify them. Agreed.
But again,you don't have to be a nerd to recognise which position needs strengthening and what type of players we are short of at the moment

Midfielder & a striker and we are about done. Maybe stretch for 2 midfielders.

I'm really hoping Sanders can step-up this season.

Looks to have all the attributes to be a good player in midfield but again we'll just have to wait and see.